Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what are the best mmo's out right now.

Comments

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Eve for now and for next decade for sure 
  • corvascorvas Member UncommonPosts: 151
    WORLD OF WARCRAFT - better than GW2,ESO,FF,BDO combined. Actually BDO brings down the quality, even at that WORLD OF WARCRAFT is better than GW2,ESO,FF combined as well.
    People need to learn to explain WHY they think the game they say is the best is the best, give some examples and not the BS like they have the most subs or its better then Game X + Y  combined ... but hey what can we expect from WoW Fanbois ... they never played any other real MMO in their lives and if they do one day, they are feeling stupid why they never tried any other game before ...
  • LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Truly this is all subjective to personal bias and tastes. This is on the same level as asking people what the best soda is, or the best brand of vehicle. Truth is only you can decide what fits in your own best catagory. Asking for peoples opinions might help you narrow the field, or conversely make it more confusing.

A lot of the mmorpg's out are free to play so try them!
  • CyraelCyrael Member UncommonPosts: 239
    If you can get into Eve Online, it's better than anything else out there by a substantial margin. However, it's a very niche game and very much not for everyone.

For traditional themeparks, I would recommend FFXIV.
    If you're an explorer, I'd recommend Guild Wars 2.
    If you're a lover of story and atmosphere, nothing touches The Secret World.

If you want all of the above in one game, well, you have the same problem as a large number of the frequent posters here. :)
  • SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317
    xpowderx said:
    I am picky when it comes to my choice of a MMO.  I like MMO's that have it all.  Good PVE, Immersion, Crafting, and PVP. Games I do like are EQ2, LOTRO, and DAOC.   They are all very old school.

I was thinking BDO.  But it really does have a serious hacking issue.  Is Age of Conan still a good option? SWTOR?  I keep going back to LOTRO.

What are the current mmo's that can offer these qualities?  I keep finding myself going back to LOTRO.  Only because it offers all the qualities I look for except for pvp.

So what newer titles are out for the offering.  Which do you think are the best ones?
    OP,
    The answer to your search sadly relies on you. Every MMO has its personal pros and cons, the question is which ones do you need and which ones can you live without, or live with.

Eve can be a great game if you are open minded and adventurous and want to put in the time to invest yourself in a corp.

Black Desert can be great if you want to slash away, grind the sun away and never see the end of your endless grind. PvE world, meets pseudo-sandbox, pseudo-pvp. You always have life skills but those are generally AFK activities. 100% open world. Funny enough, Black desert suffers from a reverse hardcoreism.
    Hardcore World, not a hardcore character outlook or mechanics.

FF14 can be good if you want your tradition raiding MMO, but can bare the pace of the game, truly your #1 Themepark mmo....on paper. Suffers from a lot of, "i can do everything....but why should i?"

WoW, i hope you have an idea of this game, same shit different day, but not really.  WoW is like the saying, "Home is where you make it". Its either the game you want right now, fulfills all your cravings, or is so boring and seen it all that you insta-uninstall it.

Guild wars 2: Sorry to break it to you all, but GW2 is like eating candy really fast. It taste good when you havent had it in a while but quick to realize, as your about to finish the bag all in one go, you fucked up, your stomach hurts, and your sick of the candy.

SWTOR: Pay monthly for single-player game with other people bothering your single-player experience while having a cash shop, when all you want to do is find out what happens in the story. Thank you EA.

ESO: Im having Fun! No im not! ESO is like developing being bipolar, one second your having fun, the next second your asking your self "why the fuck am i doing this?"

Everything else is so shady to even try to play its outrageous. If Archeage maintained its "Alpha" style gameplay (I.E if it was a sub game, no cash shop), i would tell you to go ahead and play that, but they fucked that beautiful game up like an abusive father and mother, and the uncle rapeing you low-key and ontop of all that Archeage had to sleep in the cows asshole in the barn.  But little did they know Archeage could have been a Gozillia, Superman baby type of outcome game. But hey GG TriNO for fucking up a game with more potential then that fucking fat fuck duo they had going for the Archeage's twitch streams, those lying, obese, snob, fuck heads, fuck fuck fuck.

As i was saying before, it relies on you to pick a game...and the company to not fuck it up overnight.

R.I.P Wildstar, your steam launch will be as limp as my grandpa was on his 60th anniversary night

• hardsun79hardsun79 Member UncommonPosts: 66
    edited June 2016
    Cyrael said:
    If you can get into Eve Online, it's better than anything else out there by a substantial margin. However, it's a very niche game and very much not for everyone.

For traditional themeparks, I would recommend FFXIV.
    If you're an explorer, I'd recommend Guild Wars 2.
    If you're a lover of story and atmosphere, nothing touches The Secret World.

If you want all of the above in one game, well, you have the same problem as a large number of the frequent posters here. :)

Agree to all but explorer part - while this style of gameplay can be found in any game its usually a selfmade activity with little of ingame meaning. Eve online has good part of exploration especially while you new to it and seeking for lore (like drifter wormholes / hidden caches itc).
    I would say Elite Dangerous(space-sim) and Project Gorgon(EQ-like) are supporting exploration gameplay on a good margin.

Also
    - for complex crafting and open world with strong interaction i would recommend Wurm Online or Haven and Hearth.

• Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Snakex said:
    xpowderx said:
    I am picky when it comes to my choice of a MMO.  I like MMO's that have it all.  Good PVE, Immersion, Crafting, and PVP. Games I do like are EQ2, LOTRO, and DAOC.   They are all very old school.

I was thinking BDO.  But it really does have a serious hacking issue.  Is Age of Conan still a good option? SWTOR?  I keep going back to LOTRO.

What are the current mmo's that can offer these qualities?  I keep finding myself going back to LOTRO.  Only because it offers all the qualities I look for except for pvp.

So what newer titles are out for the offering.  Which do you think are the best ones?
    OP,
    The answer to your search sadly relies on you. Every MMO has its personal pros and cons, the question is which ones do you need and which ones can you live without, or live with.

Eve can be a great game if you are open minded and adventurous and want to put in the time to invest yourself in a corp.

Black Desert can be great if you want to slash away, grind the sun away and never see the end of your endless grind. PvE world, meets pseudo-sandbox, pseudo-pvp. You always have life skills but those are generally AFK activities. 100% open world. Funny enough, Black desert suffers from a reverse hardcoreism.

FF14 can be good if you want your tradition raiding MMO, but can bare the pace of the game, truly your #1 Themepark mmo....on paper. Suffers from a lot of, "i can do everything....but why should i?"

WoW, i hope you have an idea of this game, same shit different day, but not really.  WoW is like the saying, "Home is where you make it". Its either the game you want right now, fulfills all your cravings, or is so boring and seen it all that you insta-uninstall it.

Guild wars 2: Sorry to break it to you all, but GW2 is like eating candy really fast. It taste good when you havent had it in a while but quick to realize, as your about to finish the bag all in one go, you fucked up, your stomach hurts, and your sick of the candy.

SWTOR: Pay monthly for single-player game with other people bothering your single-player experience while having a cash shop, when all you want to do is find out what happens in the story. Thank you EA.

ESO: Im having Fun! No im not! ESO is like developing being bipolar, one second your having fun, the next second your asking your self "why the fuck am i doing this?"

Everything else is so shady to even try to play its outrageous. If Archeage maintained its "Alpha" style gameplay (I.E if it was a sub game, no cash shop), i would tell you to go ahead and play that, but they fucked that beautiful game up like an abusive father and mother, and the uncle rapeing you low-key and ontop of all that Archeage had to sleep in the cows asshole in the barn.  But little did they know Archeage could have been a Gozillia, Superman baby type of outcome game. But hey GG TriNO for fucking up a game with more potential then that fucking fat fuck duo they had going for the Archeage's twitch streams, those lying, obese, snob, fuck heads, fuck fuck fuck.

As i was saying before, it relies on you to pick a game...and the company to not fuck it up overnight.

R.I.P Wildstar, your steam launch will be as limp as my grandpa was on his 60th anniversary night

Voted Awesome on this, but it was too awesome not to be written on comment too. +1

What do you think about upcomming titles tho, im cheering for Star Citizen, Chronicles of Elyria, and few others, oh and waiting for the new publisher for Archeage, or private server, that game ows me about 2 years of proper gameplay. Trion has lost 99% of playerbase, they can advertise all they want, no players in their right mind will stay there.Installed it 3 times, release 2k players server, new year 300-400 players server, now, i wonder if there are 100-200 players per server, its a desert.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited June 2016
    None...

I have tried about every MMO to date, I can't find a MMO worth playing anymore, Bethesda screws over its players running older operating systems and not updating system requirements, Nexon is always pay 2 win , or pay 2 enjoy which leaves (Riders OF Icarus) out of the question even though its really not even out yet, BDO failed due to hackers, and being able to cheat client side as well as the cash shop being insanely over priced, and grind fest, as well as making game play based around (Class System) which is Horrid and outdated, and Blade & Soul was a failure...

And Arche Age which I am just about to drop my subscription to, 2.9 didn't impress me or change my mind the game could have been great but it has a slew of things not fixed from poor performance, Overly fragmented main data file, to No Costume Storage, even with a costume collector like myself on my account and a full storage I find myself limited to storing stuff max storage spaces, max inventory, there needs to be major improvements to make the game with a cosmetic storage, and material storage allowing unlimited items to be stacked and only sold in X1000 max or rather 99999 of each item. (And on another note "Timed Events" is a lame thing old korean MMO style it needs to go.)

FFXIV could be good, but too many mechanics (Farming in housing) unless its changed since FFXI has to be cared on every 8 or so RL hours Plant by plant, or else they can die rather than hire an NPC to water them for you, not to mention housing too hard to get and should just be instanced so anyone can get what they want.

(While skyforge is decent, it lacks a Ware-House Storage, No Housing, just an area and instanced based game all around, and grind fest gets boring after awhile.) GW2 is pretty much the same issue, Could be great, but no raid times on the maps showing when bosses spawn so I quit playing because of lack of simple things like this making a game too hard. 

The problem currently, is how dumb the developers seem to be these days almost "EVERY MMO" but "Sky Forge" "Arche Age" "FFXIV" have some sort of class locks, and honestly I am tired of seeing class locks, but even with FFXIV for example, mistakes with housing designs is enough to drive a player away from playing the game, instead games need to be more sand-box based allowing a single character to change and play whatever role they wish like the games stated above, but also making changes to fix the games.

To-DO list?

. Stop making (Classes) in games
    . Stop making "Limited Housing" make it phased, or instanced so everyone can get.
    . Stop making games P2W or P2E (Pay 2 Enjoy.)
    . Stop with the Korean Anti Cheats in U.S Games its annoying seriously. EX.(Game Guard) (Xing Code 3)

. Think more when creating a game when you add all these cool looking costumes in a game, and have limited spaces for players for example, its time for more companies to take ideas from other games example (Rift) and put in a (Wardrobe Storage) for unlocks even Blade & Soul has this, its amazing how many MMO these days IMO suck, but yet some of the thoughts are actually good but then another MMO doesn't have it.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    edited June 2016
    Renoaku said:
    None...

I have tried about every MMO to date, I can't find a MMO worth playing anymore, Bethesda screws over its players running older operating systems and not updating system requirements, Nexon is always pay 2 win , or pay 2 enjoy which leaves (Riders OF Icarus) out of the question even though its really not even out yet, BDO failed due to hackers, and being able to cheat client side as well as the cash shop being insanely over priced, and grind fest, as well as making game play based around (Class System) which is Horrid and outdated, and Blade & Soul was a failure...

And Arche Age which I am just about to drop my subscription to, 2.9 didn't impress me or change my mind the game could have been great but it has a slew of things not fixed from poor performance, Overly fragmented main data file, to No Costume Storage, even with a costume collector like myself on my account and a full storage I find myself limited to storing stuff max storage spaces, max inventory, there needs to be major improvements to make the game with a cosmetic storage, and material storage allowing unlimited items to be stacked and only sold in X1000 max or rather 99999 of each item. (And on another note "Timed Events" is a lame thing old korean MMO style it needs to go.)

FFXIV could be good, but too many mechanics (Farming in housing) unless its changed since FFXI has to be cared on every 8 or so RL hours Plant by plant, or else they can die rather than hire an NPC to water them for you, not to mention housing too hard to get and should just be instanced so anyone can get what they want.

(While skyforge is decent, it lacks a Ware-House Storage, No Housing, just an area and instanced based game all around, and grind fest gets boring after awhile.) GW2 is pretty much the same issue, Could be great, but no raid times on the maps showing when bosses spawn so I quit playing because of lack of simple things like this making a game too hard. 

The problem currently, is how dumb the developers seem to be these days almost "EVERY MMO" but "Sky Forge" "Arche Age" "FFXIV" have some sort of class locks, and honestly I am tired of seeing class locks, but even with FFXIV for example, mistakes with housing designs is enough to drive a player away from playing the game, instead games need to be more sand-box based allowing a single character to change and play whatever role they wish like the games stated above, but also making changes to fix the games.

To-DO list?

. Stop making (Classes) in games
    . Stop making "Limited Housing" make it phased, or instanced so everyone can get.
    . Stop making games P2W or P2E (Pay 2 Enjoy.)
    . Stop with the Korean Anti Cheats in U.S Games its annoying seriously. EX.(Game Guard) (Xing Code 3)

. Think more when creating a game when you add all these cool looking costumes in a game, and have limited spaces for players for example, its time for more companies to take ideas from other games example (Rift) and put in a (Wardrobe Storage) for unlocks even Blade & Soul has this, its amazing how many MMO these days IMO suck, but yet some of the thoughts are actually good but then another MMO doesn't have it.

That is YOUR list. I could give 2 shits about housing. I think it is an irrelevant time sink that DOES NOTHING TO MAKE THE GAME GOOD. It wastes the time of the developer who could be streamlining or fixing nasty bugs in the game. Too much time is spent on 'Fru fru' items (which I consider housing to be) and not on the basic gameplay or storylines.

TSW was a 'classless' game and I found it annoying and boring because of it.

Gw2, while NOT PERFECT by any means, at least has kept my interest and is still fun. Why? Because I don't have to grind to get stuff to be competitive and I don't have to spend any RL money in the CS either. If you have to grind (well you have to grind if you want Ascended or Legendary - I just use exotics and I do fine).

So you want a sub game, that doesn't mean they are good. ArcheAge is a great example of a steaming pile of a sub game. B2P is the way to go.....

• SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317
    Snakex said:
    xpowderx said:

OP,

Voted Awesome on this, but it was too awesome not to be written on comment too. +1

What do you think about upcomming titles tho, im cheering for Star Citizen, Chronicles of Elyria, and few others, oh and waiting for the new publisher for Archeage, or private server, that game ows me about 2 years of proper gameplay. Trion has lost 99% of playerbase, they can advertise all they want, no players in their right mind will stay there.Installed it 3 times, release 2k players server, new year 300-400 players server, now, i wonder if there are 100-200 players per server, its a desert.
    Well, cant say much on Star Citizen cuz i really never played it, but as somebody that played Elite Dangerous, i can say be careful with games like Star Citizen, Chronicles and other "Indie" devs that are basement gangs that promise stuff that they have never even attempted.

The only mmo that is upcoming, that is somewhat indie that has a spark of light is Crowfall, everything else could be a cash grab or another Evolve disease-symptom, great on paper, but dead on arrival. 
    In todays glory of technology, beauty, knowledge, what ever the fuck else we have today, flavored condoms?

I personal, to get my nut playing multiple games, each tickling an individual nut, because game devs cant be asked to make a game that wont profit them about a multi-trillion dollars now days while trying to make it a fair sub based game, no cash shop, and a "world" to play in. For example like, Star wars galaxies.
    Old game, good game, tickled my nuts like a 5 star hooker, to bad for some fucked up reason, we cant recreate that today.

So my nutty list now is: WoW, The Division, Overwatch, Rainbow Six siege, Black Desert, and Eve.
    I also have downloaded but not in use, FF14, life is feudal, guild wars 2, the crew, rust, smite, black ops 3*bad decision*, just added gloria victis guna see how that goes and a fuck ton of regret, over spending, disappointment, amazement of failure and the "WTF" coming out of my mouth because how each game lastly almost no more than a month because you either have the World and not the lasting gameplay, or you have the Lasting gameplay but not the world to get immersed.
    You need it both, the dick and the vagina to make a baby. The vagina is the gameplay, the dick is the immersion, when they come together you get something that takes up the rest of your life, night and day, and you get up in the middle of the night just to do more of it.
  • unrealaz1unrealaz1 Member UncommonPosts: 17
    BDO has the best feeling of a living world. Don't trust me, read what people are saying on reddit/r/blackdesertonline I have not seen a single hacker the entire time I've played and that is 4 hours/day since March 1. I have not played any other game and every single spare hour sinks into this game. Even though the game is called by many a PVP focused one, it's because they treat it like WOW. Get to the max level and then get gear. NO, here you do not rush to max or you will be at max and will not understand 1 single mechanic of the game.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    edited June 2016
    Immersive MMOs (IMO): 

WURM
    EVE
    Fallen Earth
    ESO (in 1st person)
    LoTRO
    EQ1
    Vanguard (RIP)
    TSW (should be immesive, but they missed the mark due to environmental scaling and character movement issues)

Joined - July 2004

• DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384
    BDO and living world lol.
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    This is like saying what's the best band now.

Every single mmo running right now is the best, to someone.
  • AgnharAgnhar Member UncommonPosts: 108
    ESO and WildStar are really good, i thought WS was shit until i tried it, i'm only lvl 10 but it has been lots of fun. I wouldn't make WS my main mmo tough not that much into syfy MMOs
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    WORLD OF WARCRAFT - better than GW2,ESO,FF,BDO combined. Actually BDO brings down the quality, even at that WORLD OF WARCRAFT is better than GW2,ESO,FF combined as well.
    Well, that is certainly an opinion! I don't really see it but "there it is".
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    edited June 2016
    No such thing. They are all carbon copies of each other with one or two gimmicks to make them different and different graphics. Even Hollywood has more variation in their productions right now and all they're doing is copycatting all the movies from the 80's and 90's with the exception of some of the blockbusters. You want good movies? You go back at least 5 years, before the advent of LOTRO and play those games. 
  • AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    If people are going to mention an old game like WoW, I think Rift deserves an honorable mention. Rift has everything you like about WoW, but it doesn't have a subscription. I have noticed the Trion hate, but I never hear anyone mention Nexon. Nexon was doing what Trion is doing now YEARS ago; that's why I won't touch Riders of Icarus. Rift is still very fun to play (at least for me) even though you do have to buy the new souls.
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
     Rift has everything you like about WoW, but it doesn't have a subscription.
    Smooth combat?  Good performance?  Well done game world?  Lots of options for different races?  Soul?

My problem with Rift is it doesn't have what made WoW great.

And while it doesn't have a subscription, its pushing people towards it more aggressively.  At least WoW you know that you'll get everything with your subscription.  Rift you can't even be sure of that (paying for unlock of an inventory slot, even when you have a subscription, is a joke).

If you don't care about immersion or depth and just want a standard themepark with a lot to do Rift is a fine option, but I think there are better themepark options (WoW, EQ2, LOTRO, FFXIV)
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    You will get lots of different answers and most of them will probably be wrong for you.  I strongly suggest to download and try games.  Many of them have free to try options in some capacity.  I share this with you since I disagree with many of comments on here.  Does that make them wrong? Nope.  It simple means I have different tastes and opinions with what games I like and don't.  I imagine if your like most people on here, you will as well.
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    If people are going to mention an old game like WoW, I think Rift deserves an honorable mention. Rift has everything you like about WoW, but it doesn't have a subscription. I have noticed the Trion hate, but I never hear anyone mention Nexon. Nexon was doing what Trion is doing now YEARS ago; that's why I won't touch Riders of Icarus. Rift is still very fun to play (at least for me) even though you do have to buy the new souls.
    Rift charges real money for almost everything. You nearly HAVE to buy to take part in it in any meaningful way. That's NOT wow. At least WoW includes everything with the subscription. 
  • AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    syriinx said:
     Rift has everything you like about WoW, but it doesn't have a subscription.
    Smooth combat?  Good performance?  Well done game world?  Lots of options for different races?  Soul?

My problem with Rift is it doesn't have what made WoW great.

And while it doesn't have a subscription, its pushing people towards it more aggressively.  At least WoW you know that you'll get everything with your subscription.  Rift you can't even be sure of that (paying for unlock of an inventory slot, even when you have a subscription, is a joke).

If you don't care about immersion or depth and just want a standard themepark with a lot to do Rift is a fine option, but I think there are better themepark options (WoW, EQ2, LOTRO, FFXIV)
    What is the deal with you guys defending your precious little game? I never said anything negatively about WoW; I was just pointing out that it has similarities, and it does. Syriinx asked: Does have Rift have "well done game world"? I think so, yes; to me, WoW is too cartoony. Does Rift a lot of options for different races, not really, but that doesn't matter to me? No. Soul? What do you mean by Soul? Like in the figurative sense or the actual sense? LOL Yes, Rift has many souls to choose from. 
    I know MANY people who left WoW and play Rift. It's a matter of option and preference; you won't change me, and you won't change them. I mentioned the game because "I" enjoy it, and I have every right to play whatever I wish to. Rift is a fun game; many of my Rift friends left WoW, due to its community, etc.
    Honestly, I NEVER played WoW, and I never will. If I wanted to play WoW I would have played it years ago. I have played Diablo, and that's a Blizzard game, but honestly, I couldn't be paid to play WoW; I know enough about it to avoid it. If people still enjoy playing that game, sure, go for it, but you are trying to recruit me, you won't! lol.
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • BigRamboBigRambo Member UncommonPosts: 191
    The best MMO? Is the MMO people like to play.   I never understand, never will anyway, why people create these type of posts on forums.   Some like sci-fi and will head to STO / EVE. While others hate sci-fi and head towards a FPS type of MMO like PlanetSide.   While others don't like playing copy/paste MMO's and still stick with WoW even after 12 years of being released.    Best MMO you ask?  No such thing for the masses. 
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Po_gg said:
    LotRO is a really good pick for keep going back to :wink:

AoC is good, even if development is quite slow lately. But if you missed it so far, it definitely worths a play through. Not sure about the pvp part, I think even the Ettenmoors is more active :wink:  Funcom recently merged the remaining two pvp servers into one, so I don't think it was thriving with population.

TOR was great for the class stories, not sure how the level-downgrading and the chapters changed the experience (still waiting for the last one, to grab all with a single month sub :lol: ). Crafting is... meh, AoC's crafting is much better even without the years-long promised crafting revamp. Pvp is maybe a bit more active, but the pvp flagging mechanic is crap (like most flagging mechanics out there)

Newer titles, best one, well, currently I'm playing TSW :wink:  (as a hopper I used to rotate my main games)
    The PvE, the story and the community is on par with LotRO. Pvp is there, I'm not into that but as I've heard it's fairly popular (has all kinda pvp modes, luckily all of them within instances). However, in the crafting department it maybe isn't what you're looking for, it has only assembling.
    PvP on TSW is godawful IMO. Only NWO comes close in terms of how unbalanced it is. Unless you're a fully end game geared player, the only thing you really do in PvP on those games is die in one hit to everyone, since they have no brackets or anything to make it even remotely fair. It's also the reason you will find people afk leeching every match (on TSW), or putting in minimal effort when they can't get away with it (on NWO, since it auto kicks you for inactivity, which TSW's PvP doesn't).

Other than that, great game for PvE and story that I think every MMO player should at least try. Not to mention it has a very unique setting compared to all the other MMOs out there.

TOR's pretty much the same, although it does PvP much better than TSW. The war zones (think WoW BGs) actually put people in similar level ranges together, and have a "bolster" mechanic for those who didn't have the chance to get gear yet. You could technically level from 10 to level cap through PvP (although you'd be missing out on the best parts of the game IMO).

BDO I love for the incredible world, and because I enjoy the crafting, horse breeding, etc... the combat itself is fun when it comes to PvE, although if you're looking for raids and the like, it's definitely not the game for you. PvP is about to kick off later this week now that node & conquest wars are finally coming. So far my opinion on PvP itself though... it's an unbalanced mess due to how gear works, and it's OWPvP on top of that.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/