Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Quake!

The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    edited June 2016
    Sick of these endless sequels of great IP's. There is enough FPS out there, I would want to see these game devs actually develop games that will be the future for gaming, not going backward with just better, shiny graphics.

It seems like today it's like this...

#1 Buy licensing fee for super popular old product and in this case old as in over a decade.
    #2 Make a fancy trailer. (Remember SWTOR? Anyone?)
    #3 Hope it sells.
    #4 Repeat with different IP.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    edited June 2016
    So they're basically making a hero shooter and calling it a quake game. Why? Just WHY? Why couldn't they make an arena shooter instead of a class-based one? That's just sad... Quakewatch  /facepalm
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited June 2016
    I'm ready for a new Monkey Island game, and not one made by Telltale games. I do however remember dumping endless hours into old school Quake and UT. I wasn't really super good at FPS games but everyone I played against sucked worse which made me feel good about myself. xD
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Kopogero said:
    Sick of these endless sequels of great IP's. There is enough FPS out there, I would want to see these game devs actually develop games that will be the future for gaming, not going backward with just better, shiny graphics.

It seems like today it's like this...

#1 Buy licensing fee for super popular old product and in this case old as in over a decade.
    #2 Make a fancy trailer. (Remember SWTOR? Anyone?)
    #3 Hope it sells.
    #4 Repeat with different IP.
    exactly!

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Kopogero said:
    Sick of these endless sequels of great IP's.
    I'm not.
    goboygo said:
    Kopogero said:
    Sick of these endless sequels of great IP's.
    I'm not.
    I am..i mean was...10+ years ago but still am.

ha!

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    edited June 2016
    Tiller said:
    I'm ready for a new Monkey Island game, and not one made by Telltale games. I do however remember dumping endless hours into old school Quake and UT. I wasn't really super good at FPS games but everyone I played against sucked worse which made me feel good about myself. xD
    Tales of Monkey Island wasn't all that bad. EFMI is still the worst.
    Nepheth said:
    So they're basically making a hero shooter and calling it a quake game. Why? Just WHY? Why couldn't they make an arena shooter instead of a class-based one? That's just sad... Quakewatch  /facepalm
    Seeing how the Quake modding community spawned one of the most popular class based shooters (Team Fortress) maybe id are thinking why don't we just develop one ourselves from the get go.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well to be fair,ALL of gaming in general is just improving on graphics and nothing else.
    What has Blizzard done to improve ANY of the genres it dives into....nothing if anything they move backwards.

However to also be fair,better graphics can improve the enjoyment of a game.You want to see pew pew and blocky robot animations,i don't.Some of the stuff Quake is doing is amazingly good to watch.

We also need to remember that sure there are fps's out there plenty of them,but everyone of them are all using BORING pew pew handguns or assault rifles or daggers ,again very old and very boring.That is why i fell in love with Unreal series,they introduced dodging,great maps and some cool new weaponry like the shock rifle and flak cannon and Goo "Bio gun".

To me Quake is a really good fun series and like Unreal ,VERY skillful.Also unlike games like Counterstrike and Overwatch,they have a great single player game.I know i will be buying Quake and a few other games,no mmorpg's on my current list as that genre has died out and gone on vacation.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940
    immodium said:
    Tiller said:
    Tales of Monkey Island wasn't all that bad. EFMI is still the worst.
    Nepheth said:
    Seeing how the Quake modding community spawned one of the most popular class based shooters (Team Fortress) maybe id are thinking why don't we just develop one ourselves from the get go.
    Probably more to do with Overwatch. If it was TF/TF2 they'd done it years ago. Heck, the original was popular enough to show the potential -  after all, Valve picked it up.  They only took so long because they switched to Source, and because Valve always takes long, but it was already shown on E³  1999.  Overwatch was shown in late 2014, which speculations long before. Enough time for id/Bethesda to finally hop onto the bandwagon. And with Overwatch being kinda popular, a good time to announce it. Given that they couldn't get it done before (assuming they started about when Overwatch was announced), they probably also used it to gauge the market. If Overwatch wouldn't have done well, we might never have heard about this.

Well, looks like after MMOs and MOBAs, this will be the new fad. Maybe throw in a Quake card game just to be sure.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

Anireth said:

Probably more to do with Overwatch. If it was TF/TF2 they'd done it years ago. Heck, the original was popular enough to show the potential -  after all, Valve picked it up.  They only took so long because they switched to Source, and because Valve always takes long, but it was already shown on E³  1999.  Overwatch was shown in late 2014, which speculations long before. Enough time for id/Bethesda to finally hop onto the bandwagon. And with Overwatch being kinda popular, a good time to announce it. Given that they couldn't get it done before (assuming they started about when Overwatch was announced), they probably also used it to gauge the market. If Overwatch wouldn't have done well, we might never have heard about this.

Well, looks like after MMOs and MOBAs, this will be the new fad. Maybe throw in a Quake card game just to be sure.
    Could they have charged a box price for it at the time though? Team Fortress is F2P.

Big assumption on my behalf but Quake Champions may not be F2P. They've seen Blizzard release Overwatch with a box price and they'll probably do the same.

immodium said:
    Anireth said:

Could they have charged a box price for it at the time though? Team Fortress is F2P.

Big assumption on my behalf but Quake Champions may not be F2P. They've seen Blizzard release Overwatch with a box price and they'll probably do the same.
    When I think of Quake I think of technology of an era when I didnt have a DVD player

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Awwe, I was hoping for it to be another one dealing with the Strogg.  Quake 2, and 4 (sort of) were my favorite ones.  Oh well.  Maybe in another 10 years ... :(

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

rodingo said:
    Awwe, I was hoping for it to be another one dealing with the Strogg.  Quake 2, and 4 (sort of) were my favorite ones.  Oh well.  Maybe in another 10 years ... :(
    I'm sure that's the Strogg in the trailer. The guy @ 1:20 in the trailer definitely looks like a Strogg creation.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    edited June 2016
    immodium said:
    rodingo said:
    I'm sure that's the Strogg in the trailer. The guy @ 1:20 in the trailer definitely looks like a Strogg creation.
    Well I was referring more to the story/single player campaign.  This new Quake seems to follow the same formula as Quake 3, which is fine but I just really like fighting the Strogg for some reason.

id/Bethesda probably decided to do Doom for focusing on a SP campaign and Quake Champions for the multiplayer.  I know the new Doom has multiplayer but from what I understand it seems to be more of an after thought in that game.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• AshestoAshes420AshestoAshes420 Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Great post blueturtle13