Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is There A Difference Between These 2 GPUs?

FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515
Both are MSI, both are GTX 970, both are 4gb, both are brand new.  Can anybody see if there's any differences which could explain the price difference please.  If there's no differences, then I'll just go with the cheaper one.

Amazon version - https://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-GTX-970-Graphics-1076MHz/dp/B00NY23VY8/277-9219820-9561548?ie=UTF8&ascsubtag=0kluWUYIiKt_eGfcAGoRtg&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=idealocouk-21

eBay version - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4GB-MSI-GTX-970-GAMING-Twin-Frozr-V-PCIe-3-0-x16-7010MHz-GDDR5-GPU-HDMI-/322142231774?hash=item4b012c5cde:g:NGcAAOSwFNZWuIEv

Thanks guys.

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Reference cooler vs. Aftermarket cooler. Probably also a difference with the factory overclock.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    The eBay version is also on Amazon if you want to compare direct prices/products:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00NOP536Y/ref=twister_dp_update?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    edited June 2016
    Different coolers, different clock speeds, different monitor ports, possibly different adapters in the box.
  • FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515
    Thank you... Which is the best one? :pleased:
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Always go with more fans.  I'm a huge fan of fans.  Mine has three!
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    FuryV said:
    Thank you... Which is the best one? :pleased:
    Unless you urgently need a new video card right now, you might want to wait for the Radeon RX-480 to launch on June 29.  That should crater pricing in that performance segment, as AMD has already announced that it will be $200, and from the specs, it's probably going to be faster than the cards you're looking at.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    H0urg1ass said:
    Always go with more fans.  I'm a huge fan of fans.  Mine has three!
    And, I'm a fan of fans of fans!  There's nothing worse than poor cooling.

I am with Quizzical, though.  If you can wait a little while, I'd wait a little while and check out those 480s.  The price/performance ratio is expected to be stellar.
  • HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

I agree with Quizz, with the 480 coming out so soon and the fact that AMD is specifically targeting the price/perf sector with it, I would hold off.

Also, from what I've read $200 is going to be for a 4gb card and the 8gb card should be somewhere close to $250.  I would go for the 8gb card if I were you.

If nothing else it will push down the prices of the Nvidia products if you insist on an NVidia card.

However, if you absolutely NEED a card RIGHT NOW, then yes the 970 is a good choice.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche