Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question for ESO Players

FeralLokiFeralLoki Member UncommonPosts: 134
Hi All

I'm alittle confused with the store items that you need to buy to be able to play ESO. Do i actually have to buy the full game for 59.99 or can i just get the ESO Plus Membership and pay monthly ? Or is it buy the full game and then pay subscription on top of that ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    It's a buy to play game with subscription option if you want to play all the dlc's without paying for them. Also you get a bottomless crafting bag with subscription which is awesome. I bought a second account at cdkeys.com for £5.99.
  • LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    You buy the game, I just bought a copy for my wife two days ago for $10.99 (not a steam copy). Look around the web there are deals to be had. Then you can pay a monthly sub or just play as a B2P game. You will get access to all the DLC if you sub, it's all explained on the website.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited June 2016
    The game costs money. The subscription is optional. You purchase the game then play forever. If you decide to subscribe you get all DLCs included in the subscription. If you stop subscribing(or never subscribe) you buy the DLCs separate like any normal retail game.

EDIT: The DVD for ESO on PC is like 20 bucks on Amazon, make sure its brand new, some people still think they can sell used mmos on amazon/ebay...

Digital you can find deals everywhere too. $60 is already a bit too much for an older game.

• josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    LIOKI said:
    You buy the game, I just bought a copy for my wife two days ago for $10.99 (not a steam copy). Look around the web there are deals to be had. Then you can pay a monthly sub or just play as a B2P game. You will get access to all the DLC if you sub, it's all explained on the website.
    Most of such deals will get your account banned. 
  • PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    josko9 said:
    LIOKI said:
    Why ? I bought my first account there over a year ago. I have never had any problem with games from there. I don't think it's a dodgy site ? something you know that I don't ?
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited June 2016
    josko9 said:
    LIOKI said:
    If you know where to buy you can get legitimate US(maybe EU too?) download codes at a decent price. Greenman Gaming for example. When ESO first launched i bought it on PC for $47 on GMG while everyone else was selling it at full $60. You cannot get any more legitimate than GMG for digital distribution games unless you are Steam or Good Old Games, or the original publisher/developer of course.

• LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    josko9 said:
    LIOKI said:
    Life is a game of risks.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    You just buy a (new) copy from e.g. Amazon; will be less than 59.99. 

Beyond that no need to spend anything else. The base game is huge so it will be some time before you need to think about the dlc.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    josko9 said:
    LIOKI said:
    Only copies bought from G2A were banned since the keys that were sold were bought with stolen in the first place.

Places like Greenmangaming are just fine and offer great deals.
  • FeralLokiFeralLoki Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Awesome, thanks everyone for replying.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I think it's best to do the DLC after you hit 50 anyway as it helps gain more champion points because it scales.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    josko9 said:
    LIOKI said:
    There's a sticky post in this forum with the complete list of official vendors. Some of them will have sales from time to time that go as low as $9.99. If you buy a key from any of them at whatever price you'll be fine.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Buy it from a third party for 8 euro!

• FeralLokiFeralLoki Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Ok so i went thru all the Global and NA official vendors and was able to get it for 18.99 USD, that was the cheapest one from DLGAMER. still alot cheaper then 59.99 USD.