Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Watch Dogs 2: World Premiere

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
Watch the first-ever look into the new Watch_Dogs 2. Set in the birthplace of the tech revolution, the San Francisco Bay Area, Watch_Dogs 2 explores a new reality where an interconnected city and network of personal devices are used to control and manipulate citizens on a unprecedented scale. Step into the shoes of a brilliant hacker, Marcus Holloway, and hack everything on your way to shutting down the establishment behind this massive corruption.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    I'm not 100% sold on it and even if it continues to impress me, I won't be pre-ordering it. I'll wait until after it has launched and the internet either explodes with anger for Ubisoft, or it doesn't... and the game is deemed worth the money.

I'm cautiously optimistic about it, as I am with Ghost Recon: Wildlands.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• AalamrAalamr Member UncommonPosts: 98
    I bought watch dogs a while ago and only had a chance to play it for about 30 minutes because my PC died. I heard a lot of bad things about it so I didn't bother reinstalling on my new PC at the time. Is the game really that bad or did it just not live up to the hype? Should I bother playing through it or would it be a waste of my time?
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I suspect that games like these will become successful once single-player games are built with systems like SpatialOS to support really complex emergent behaviour.

That will require the SPG to be played exclusively online though. OTOH, it would be like playing most modern "MMO's", which can almost all be completed without ever needing another player...
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Aalamr said:
    I bought watch dogs a while ago and only had a chance to play it for about 30 minutes because my PC died. I heard a lot of bad things about it so I didn't bother reinstalling on my new PC at the time. Is the game really that bad or did it just not live up to the hype? Should I bother playing through it or would it be a waste of my time?
    It was unplayable when it first came out.  High end systems had problems with it, lots of crashing and graphics problems, vehicle controls were horrid.  Years later after all the patches it finally plays really well.  In an interview they admitted it hadn't been optimized well for PC users at launch. Or you can just Google 'Watch Dogs not optimized for PC' and read the stories.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    ATTN: Anyone who owns Watch Dogs on PC...

How is the game now? I know a lot of people weren't very happy with it at launch. Wondering if it's worth it to pick it up now.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    WD for me ran just fine when it came out. I loved the single player portion of the game. I was a bit disappointed in the multiplayer that they tacked on as it seemed much shallower then the single player version. I am still undecided though as to whether I will play WD2. Not that it might be good. Rather, I just don't seem to have an interest in the subject matter anymore.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    WD has always run like a dream for me on PC and its only gotten better with the patches. 

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    edited June 2016
    ubisoft game are auto wait 2 months before even touch the games, they releases full of bugs and take 1 months or more usualy to be stable games.

after 2 months they are usualy good games.... will never understand why they alway releases full of bugs each times... probably because peoples pre order these games anyway and they fix it later...