Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Gameplay Trailer Shows Sandstorms, Giant Bugs & More

13»

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited June 2016
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    well they are not as deep as Wurm that is true but I would be shocked if this game in the OP will be more deep then Rust, Ark or 7 Days to die. But if it is that is a good sign for the AAA market

Play a Total War game or a Civ game and talk about a deep game. Oh all AAA by the way
    does Empire Earth count as the same level of depth? which by the way is a game that is slightly more involved and 'deep' then Age of Empires.

I ask because I have not played Civ.

I am currently thinking of Banished which (with mods) is more deep then Age of Empires or Empire Earth pretty much combined
    Banished is ok. Not as good as Hearthlands imo. Banished is not really that deep. Feature deplete I would call it. I have 60 hours into it. Once you manage the disasters from happening there is little left to do. Even with mods the game lacks depth.
    I said 'Banished with mods' and I said that for a reason.

Banished by itself is actually shallow, with mods it gets interesting.

I have over 60 hours in Banished. Even with mods it does not add the depth you think it does. Pretty common complaint from the playerbase.
    I disagree with that. I forget the name of the mod but there is a mod that more than doubles the entire depth of the game.

moving on. 

here is the building tree for this mod its MUCH larger than the core game.

http://i.imgur.com/aV3Efa9.jpg

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

SEANMCAD said:

I have over 60 hours in Banished. Even with mods it does not add the depth you think it does. Pretty common complaint from the playerbase.
    I disagree with that. I forget the name of the mod but there is a mod that more than doubles the entire depth of the game.

moving on. 

You mean Colonial Charter? Yeah does not add the depth you think it does. You forget, I actually have many hours of actually playing the game. You do not own it nor have played it so you have no idea what the mods do and do not offer. You are just making things up.

Moving on kiddo
    yeah and I know you know better then to say it doesnt add depth. you act as if I havent played it.

yes we will have to agree to disagree on that point. so we are at a stand still so there is no reason to continue. I think these games have more depth and you dont. fine, at least we are both having fun playing our games.

but one thing is for sure, we can now stop talking to each other at least about this

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    You guys are silly.

As to the OP, looks interesting at least.  Will watch out for more news on it.
    edited June 2016
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

moving on. 

You mean Colonial Charter? Yeah does not add the depth you think it does. You forget, I actually have many hours of actually playing the game. You do not own it nor have played it so you have no idea what the mods do and do not offer. You are just making things up.

Moving on kiddo
    yeah and I know you know better then to say it doesnt add depth. you act as if I havent played it.

yes we will have to agree to disagree on that point. so we are at a stand still so there is no reason to continue. I think these games have more depth and you dont. fine, at least we are both having fun playing our games.

but one thing is for sure, we can now stop talking to each other at least about this
    One of the downfalls of an Indie title again.
    Banished is not being updated and even Colonial Charter was released at version 1.6 two months ago. It gave me another week of play. Banished is one title I am afraid you can not change my view on.
     I have too much experience with it.
    what are you talking about?

a game that has been released for over a year is 'not being updated'? yeah...shocker imagine that!
    and a mod that is not being updated? how does a mod have anything to do with this.

you are derailing more conversations in an hour more then I have in a month and I am starting to think you are just flat out trolling me

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Diablo II just got an update this week. I posted on it.
    Banished needs more updates. It is still buggy and mod creators (myself included) have created mods to fix what they would not ;)

I dont think released games after its been a year should have updates. its great if they do but i dont agree that it should be expected standard behavior.

This is my view..please do NOT repond to it. it will not change the view. state your view if you like but lets not turn what is my view into a debate.

• FeralLokiFeralLoki Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Another Survival Game ??? this is making me sick... Hell why not make a MOBA too while you're at it.
  • GravvyGravvy Member UncommonPosts: 5
    As it is right now, it just looks like another builder/crafting game with the Conan paint on it. I'm hard pressed to be excited about this game. Just feels more like they took a basic successful genre and slapped a coat of Conan paint on it. It really seems generic and basic.
  • QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    edited June 2016
    SEANMCAD said:
    Banished needs more updates. It is still buggy and mod creators (myself included) have created mods to fix what they would not ;)

This is my view..please do NOT repond to it. it will not change the view. state your view if you like but lets not turn what is my view into a debate.
    Posts an opinion on a message forum, and then tells people not to reply to them.

Actively debates on multiple topics throughout a thread, and then says they don't want to debate.

Okay.

SEANMCAD said:

Posts an opinion on a message forum, and then tells people not to reply to them.

Actively debates on multiple topics throughout a thread, and then says they don't want to debate.

Okay.

thanks for sharing!