Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More active steam players atm than TERA, NWO or ESO <3

Comments

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Hope it stops the nose dive, for those who play.  Remember though, wait until the new car smell comes off (for the new steam people) and see what the status is.

I self identify as a monkey.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Aori said:
    DMKano said:
    Aori said:
    Meanwhile Tree of Savior has more than all 4 combined.

Meanwhile DOTA2 peaked at almost 1million users today ;)

(shameless plug - yes I play DOTA2)
    Tree of Savior is actually an MMO though, at least make your plug fit.
    His plug does fit actually. We are talking about games on steam, right?
    the last super bowl got millions or peoples last times... that a games right ?
    huh?

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Athisar said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Athisar said:
    It's having very good Steam figures for a game released two years ago, but of course people will hate anyway.
    The same thing happened with Archeage. It re-launched on Steam quite some time after its initial release. The first month Steam numbers were surprisingly high, then in the following 3 months it progressively dropped to a fraction of its first month numbers.
    Comparing Wildstar to ArcheAge is like the worst thing that's ever been said about it ;)
    Doubtful, Wildstar is a turd of a game in its own right. For completely different reasons than AA but it doesn't change the fact that they will share the same fate. Steam is a Hail Mary attempt to try and breathe a few more months into an MMO before it goes belly up. And it will go belly up. ESO and Never Winter both god awful so that comparison is pointless. Tera was one of the better games in my opinion but its what? 6 years old? These days MMO's lifespans are lucky to reach the 5 year point... So basically you are beating a dead dog with the Wildstar stick and claiming that the Wildstar stick is stronger than the dead dog. Good job.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Phry said:
     Steam client is only for the PC playerbase of ESO, 
    Not even that. The ESO Steam client is for those people who bought ESO via Steam. People who bought the (PC) game retail or from via Zenimax go through Zenimax. 
  • TemperHSTemperHS Member UncommonPosts: 72
    It just came out on Steam, of course people are playing...

Check back in two weeks and let us know how those numbers are doing.
  • azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332
    edited June 2016
    mgilbrtsn said:
    Hope it stops the nose dive, for those who play.  Remember though, wait until the new car smell comes off (for the new steam people) and see what the status is.
    Yep - Your first leveling experience through WS is probably the most entertaining part of the game...it's once you get to endgame that you realize its meh status.  It also seems that a contingent of diehards is purposefully moving over to the Steam client and writing glowing reviews of the game to get it more noticed (which is really smart of them) - so a portion of those Steam players were people already playing not new blood (to be expected.)
  • HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476
    no matter what is being said from anyone that post here it is still a good sign for the game. the game was all but dead....

if NCsoft can find it in their cold corporate hearts to keep the game alive then I am happy with that 

• LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Tera looks better huh....bunch of loli pedophiles in my opinion. Tera has good gameplay if you can get past the blatent feminism it's become. This isn't a thread about Tera though, or people agenda to bash one game over another.
    Wildstar is a good game that will give you more than your money's worth of entertainment. 
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited June 2016
    LIOKI said:
    Tera ... bunch of loli pedophiles in my opinion.  
    ignorance at its best. Accusing the general public of something based on your own close minded opinion...

And no, i don't play Tera, and Elins are the worst looking race in Tera IMO, but i don't go out wrongly generalizing to make other people think i walk the right path.

But this is old news, carry on.

• NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    edited June 2016
    DMKano said:
    treyu86 said:

That is why I clearly said "start". And on the other hand, your statement does not have to be true always. You can update a game and do marketing and have good reviews so more people can try your game, more if the game is not well known yet or has improved a lot in the last years so people have to try it to prove it. In this scenario, population can increase little by little and maybe get to a constant 4-5k steam players as a start point to work in new expansions etc to attract more. Or it can only go down if the game really is that bad and end up closing. No one knows what will happen yet

I am yet to see any MMORPG that has increasing playerbase on steam over time.

Note I said MMORPG - which is what Wildstar is.

Every MMORPG on steam follows the same trend - they start out strong - peak and then decline to never recover to peak again.

So what you are saying - slow growth over time has never been done by ANY mmorpg on steam.

I honestly don't see Wildstar being the first mmorpg to grow playerbase on steam overtime. 
    Knight Online is the only one I know of that has done that.
    Nice. I would not expect this from KO. The game used to be great in spite of its P2W nature. Just ask any person from Turkey :).
    One of the best pvp mmos I've ever played. And yes I'm from Turkey... ^^
    Unfortunately NTT ruined it with their endless greed.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I really don't get some of the comments in here.

What's the problem with a game doing better than it did say last week?

• Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    LIOKI said:
    Tera ... bunch of loli pedophiles in my opinion.  
    ignorance at its best. Accusing the general public of something based on your own close minded opinion...

And no, i don't play Tera, and Elins are the worst looking race in Tera IMO, but i don't go out wrongly generalizing to make other people think i walk the right path.

But this is old news, carry on.
    Well, this is curious. Tera's newest content IS based on lolicon hentai, there are even tentacles ,its like a mature movie.Kids can look, but dont see.They made it so with a purpose.

Also untill recently i played Tera, large part of community thinks the other elin(loli) part are all pervs.
    Many admit it, and those who dont, are prolly girl players which just like elins.

So yes, Tera community is weird.But the game engine, combat and open world are nice.

0 New content tho.Dungeon rince repeat.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Volgore said:

I claimed it will fail! We can't have people going around messing up my predictions.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Unless it has at least 500,000 at once it's clearly a total failure. Ignore the fact that Final Fantasy XIV's maximum ever is 11,900.
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    I just downloaded Wildstar and going to give it a go. I have been trying a some games over the past month. I tried Blade and Soul, Tera, Marvel Heroes, Skyforge, and now WS.  First off all these were decent games, but none of them really held my interest except Marvel Heroes to a small degree.  Will be interested to see how WS does as after this post, it should be ready to play.
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    edited June 2016
    DMKano said:
    treyu86 said:

That is why I clearly said "start". And on the other hand, your statement does not have to be true always. You can update a game and do marketing and have good reviews so more people can try your game, more if the game is not well known yet or has improved a lot in the last years so people have to try it to prove it. In this scenario, population can increase little by little and maybe get to a constant 4-5k steam players as a start point to work in new expansions etc to attract more. Or it can only go down if the game really is that bad and end up closing. No one knows what will happen yet

I am yet to see any MMORPG that has increasing playerbase on steam over time.

Note I said MMORPG - which is what Wildstar is.

Every MMORPG on steam follows the same trend - they start out strong - peak and then decline to never recover to peak again.

So what you are saying - slow growth over time has never been done by ANY mmorpg on steam.

I honestly don't see Wildstar being the first mmorpg to grow playerbase on steam overtime. 
    The truly good MMOs don't need steam, and more than one have had a shaky start that peaked much later.

What this tells me is that most MMOs that end up on steam are doing it as a last ditch effort to increase their player base. If that's the case, which most of the time it is, then of course it peaks at the beginning. After all, it's still the same game.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Distopia said:
    Volgore said:

I claimed it will fail! We can't have people going around messing up my predictions.
    It will.......
    They won't.......
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Athisar said:
     people will hate anyway.
    Can you point out even a single hate post in this thread?
    Harbinger of Fools
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    edited June 2016
    A f2p steam release has high player spike within a week..what a shocker :o
    Dakeru said:
    Athisar said:
     people will hate anyway.
    ***raises hand

I can admit it. I hate Wildstar.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Dakeru said:
    Athisar said:
     people will hate anyway.
    ***raises hand

But you didn't trash talk the game here.
    His whole statement is: 'You say steam numbers don't give any relevant data? You are just haters!'
    Harbinger of Fools
    Dakeru said:
    Dakeru said:
    Athisar said:
     people will hate anyway.
    ***raises hand

But you didn't trash talk the game here.
    His whole statement is: 'You say steam numbers don't give any relevant data? You are just haters!'
    No, I think people are checking it out so more people are playing the game. Do I believe it will be enough to save it? No, not really.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Athisar said:
    Unless it has at least 500,000 at once it's clearly a total failure. Ignore the fact that Final Fantasy XIV's maximum ever is 11,900.
    Well, an influx of players is always good news but few of us actually buy MMOs off steam, particularly P2P MMOs like FFXIV.

Getting a bunch of new players is always good news but the real question is if the game actually can keep them, that have always been WS problem. The numbers of total people that tried it is very impressive but most of them have stopped playing fast so far.

What WS really need is a boost in revenue, and soon if we want it to stay online. Numbers that tried it is nice but people need to buy stuff to keep the game running. Lets hope they do.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    DMKano said:
    Look at the all time peak though.... that's a lot more telling than current players.

What does it tell? that at one point, probably when it was launched or in the case of steam "made available" that it had a rush of curious players as all games do.

then it calmed down to a more realistic population.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다