Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would my system bottleneck the new GTX 1070?

ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
edited June 2016 in PC Gaming
Hello friends!
Now than the new amazing GTX 1070 is out do you think my system with an i-5 2500k @3200mhz will bottleneck?
I heard it will perform just fine in most games....but since i use a 1920x1080 monitor is even worth the upgrade?
Will I notice any upgrade from a gtx 560 Ti on this system?
I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ANSWERS FROM PEOPLE THAN REALLY KNOW ABOUT IT.
Thanks in advance!!!! <3

Comments

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    I don't "really know about it", but you should see very significant increase from a 560 to a 1070.  Your CPU would be the bottleneck, but it shouldn't be too noticible in most games I don't think.

Make sure you have at least 8g of RAM or that could bottleneck you too.

Keep in mind I don't know much about that CPU but most people say i5s are fine.
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    I don't "really know about it", but you should see very significant increase from a 560 to a 1070.  Your CPU would be the bottleneck, but it shouldn't be too noticible in most games I don't think.

Make sure you have at least 8g of RAM or that could bottleneck you too.

Keep in mind I don't know much about that CPU but most people say i5s are fine.
    i do have 8gb of RAM. Thanks for your response buddy :)
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    edited June 2016
    So i guess you are saying than performance on my system will be boosted but at some games/points i will notice a bottleneck due to my CPU & Ram & monitor?
    Is the 1070 a cool upgade for a system like mine? Asuming money is not a problem (at least to upgrade the graphic card)? I wouldn´t mind upgrading cpu and ram next time