Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what are the best mmo's out right now.

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Robokapp said:
    Overwatch, obviously. Sold a lot (7M+ in its first week). Very well reviewed (90+ on metacritics).
    I think he said "MMO". I also think he said "best" not "most popular at release".

OW is an MMO, by the definition of this site.

"Best" is subjective, but I would say a metacritics score of 91 is pretty good. A lot of people on this site think that it is a fun, good game. Is your opinion different?
    I think your going to have a hard time being viewed as anything other than a troll if you continue with the Overwatch is an MMO agenda. Given that, one might ask one self...why? why do I feel compelled to do this

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    SEANMCAD said:

I think your going to have a hard time being viewed as anything other than a troll if you continue with the Overwatch is an MMO agenda. Given that, one might ask one self...why? why do I feel compelled to do this
    You mean this site is trolling its own forum (since OW is classified as a MMO on the gamelist here)? I am not the one who classified it as a MMO. 

May be you need to have accurate attribution before you post a personal attack. If you reread the whole topic, i never said that it is MY opinion that OW is a MMO. I am merely pointing out this site, and others, including some players here, think that it is one.

So if you think pointing a fact is trolling, i am guilty as charge.

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    Who gives a shit about whether OW is an MMO? What matters is if it's a good game or a bad game.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    edited June 2016
    "Best" depends on your criteria.  The latest AAA title however would probably be FFIV:ARR and maybe Black Desert.
  • corvascorvas Member UncommonPosts: 151
    In my opinion there are only a very few that comes close to your prefs like EQ2, LOTRO, and DAOC.
    And that is Guild Wars 2 and Elder Scrolls Online, which both are F2P/B2P versions with ESO with a P2P subscription and GW2 a real B2P with no subs at all.

Those 2 are the only ones that has it all good PVE, nice storylines and alot to do and also good PVP even GW2 has Arena based PVP and an open World vs World PVP area which is very big, as ESO has an Open world PVP area where factions fight each other.

I have played also EQ2, LOTRO, ESO, GW2, SWTOR and many more and I find that ESO and GW2 are both very good versions of "New" (Kinda) MMO`s that can replace EQ2 and LOTRO in a sort of way, I never played DAOC so cant judge on that one but played EQ2 and LOTRO alot back in the days.
    SEANMCAD said:

You mean this site is trolling its own forum (since OW is classified as a MMO on the gamelist here)? I am not the one who classified it as a MMO. 

May be you need to have accurate attribution before you post a personal attack. If you reread the whole topic, i never said that it is MY opinion that OW is a MMO. I am merely pointing out this site, and others, including some players here, think that it is one.

So if you think pointing a fact is trolling, i am guilty as charge.

This site is for all kinds of RPG`s, MMO`s and even non MMO`s/RPG`s now and the name MMORPG.COM doesnt have anything to do anymore on what they review these days, its not a site anymore thats ONLY for MMORPG`s, and Overwatch isnt an MMO at all, its an Arena based Action game like Team Fortress and COD and such.

So if you say only "OW is an MMO, by the definition of this site."
    You are making us think that you also think that Overwatch is an MMO, which its not and not even close.

People these days dont even know what MMO stand for if they put that label on a game like Overwatch.
    MMO = Massive Multiplayer Online, and with Massive it means Alot of people play at the same time inside the same area/server, so with OW its more of an MO (Multiplayer Online) game like every other game these days.
  • NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    Without a doubt you are looking for Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) or Guild Wars 2 (GW2).

GW2 was a fun game first time through on one character. It just didn't have any staying power once you were through for me because it lacks trinity gameplay (tanks/heals/dps).  Dungeons and other group content just wasn't fun with everyone being DPS and responsible for their own heals.  Little to no mechanics, etc.  There is also little to no gear progression and what there is, is a grind for cosmetic or only slightly improved gear.  

ESO hits all the right notes.  Massive world, thousands of quests, being rewarded for exploration, and better character class and build customization than any modern MMO.  You can really create some incredible builds and have more flexibility here than anywhere else.  Group content is great fun and you have simple dungeons and more difficult (veteran) which can be very challenging.  Boss fights contain tons of great mechanics which are fun to learn.  PvP is some of the best I've ever played.

All said, do yourself a favor and play ESO.  It took me two years to complete all the content.  Though  I'm taking a break from the game for a while now and playing something different with some friends, I still consider it my main game and will no doubt return.
  • movindudemovindude Member UncommonPosts: 127
    I like EQ1 and Pong.........
  • movindudemovindude Member UncommonPosts: 127
    seriously though I have over 27k games played on World Of Tanks, its a great game and free.
    movindude said:
    seriously though I have over 27k games played on World Of Tanks, its a great game and free.
    But its not what he is looking for, and btw Armored Warfare is better if you dont like P2W tank games :P
  • xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    movindude said:
    You are right.  It is not what I am looking for.  I do play WOT on my PS4.  Just finished the Russian line ;-D .  But definitely not a mmorpg.
  • xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Think ill give ESO a shot when I get bored with LOTRO.  From what I have seen on these posts ESO is the closest newer game of what I am looking for.
  • heerobyaheerobya Member UncommonPosts: 465
    edited June 2016
    WoW, ESO, FFXIV, SWTOR, definitely but then the 5th... BDO/Tera/B&S/GW2?
    xpowderx said:

You are right.  It is not what I am looking for.  I do play WOT on my PS4.  Just finished the Russian line ;-D .  But definitely not a mmorpg.
    The topic asks for best "MMO", not mmorpg. This site classifies WoT as an, and i quote, "action MMO". 
  • NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    xpowderx said:

The topic asks for best "MMO", not mmorpg. This site classifies WoT as an, and i quote, "action MMO". 
    and the OP says in the first two lines of the original post:

"I like MMO's that have it all.  Good PVE, Immersion, Crafting, and PVP. Games I do like are EQ2, LOTRO, and DAOC."

You must be one of those that just reads the topics and thinks he knows everything about the thread...
    xpowderx said:

"I like MMO's that have it all.  Good PVE, Immersion, Crafting, and PVP. Games I do like are EQ2, LOTRO, and DAOC."

You must be one of those that just reads the topics and thinks he knows everything about the thread...
    so what if he states what he likes. He did not states we cannot discuss MMOs that he does not.

In fact, if he said "I like MMOs that have it all ..", it implies three exists MMOs that do not have it all. And it is certainly fair game to talk about those he does not like, since "best" is subjective. And WoT may be what he does not like, but liked by others.

You must be one of those that just read a sentence and thinks that he knows all its implications ....
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    so what if he states what he likes. He did not states we cannot discuss MMOs that he does not.

In fact, if he said "I like MMOs that have it all ..", it implies three exists MMOs that do not have it all. And it is certainly fair game to talk about those he does not like, since "best" is subjective. And WoT may be what he does not like, but liked by others.

You must be one of those that just read a sentence and thinks that he knows all its implications ....
    OP created the thread to ask for suggestions on a game to play. He then states criteria that he likes in a game, and then asks for suggestions based on that criteria. 

"I like MMO's that have it all.  Good PVE, Immersion, Crafting, and PVP. Games I do like are EQ2, LOTRO, and DAOC.   They are all very old school.

I was thinking BDO.  But it really does have a serious hacking issue.  Is Age of Conan still a good option? SWTOR?  I keep going back to LOTRO.

What are the current mmo's that can offer these qualities?"

So you knew exactly what kind of game he wanted to discuss. But as usual, you have to derail the thread with nonsense because you have nothing better to do than "forum pvp".
    edited June 2016
    xpowderx said:

He isnt asking us our opinion on arena games like WoT or OW or even Dota, he is asking our opinion on real MMO`s ... you do know what MMO stands for ... i explained it earlier in one of my other posts but i think you dont read the posts at all. 

but here we go again:

"MMO = Massive Multiplayer Online, and with Massive it means Alot of people play at the same time inside the same area/server"

So he asked us for a complete MMO and he gave us some examples what he likes, and you go in and say that you can discuss other games in this topic that he doesnt like ... the awnser to you is simple ... NO ... you cant discuss this in this topic, its called trolling and if you want to discuss it make your own Topic, this topic is only to awnser his question and give our opinion on which games he likes or might like so he can make up his mind on which game to play/buy.

Edited:

By the way, he clearly says "But definitely not a mmorpg." in a reply to your WoT post, so in his mind that game is already out of the question.
  • ShrikeArghastShrikeArghast Member UncommonPosts: 124
    edited June 2016
    I can't think of a single MMO out right now I'd encourage someone to play. Maybe EVE - maybe - but it can get incredibly tedious. I downloaded Wildstar last night and am already getting set to uninstall. BDO is off my hard drive, Tree of Savior lasted me about a week, WoW is dead to me... the genre is a wasteland of "been there, quit that." 

*Edit* I wanted to add, the problem with BDO stretches far beyond the issue of hacking (which is overblown) - it's that, like many MMORPGs of late (and the majority of Korean ones), there simply isn't a recognizable endgame. You get to 50, and suddenly the grind goes from tolerable to staggering - you're looking at tens of hours to pick up a single level, and there isn't really a point to it.

Why are you grinding? To get better gear? To pick up an extra level? But what's the objective? There has to be a reason to grind. There are no raids, the world bosses one-shot anyone who gets within reach, and the world PvP is an unbalanced mess (that only goes on so that people can protect the grinding areas). 
    I can't think of a single MMO out right now I'd encourage someone to play. Maybe EVE - maybe - but it can get incredibly tedious. I downloaded Wildstar last night and am already getting set to uninstall. BDO is off my hard drive, Tree of Savior lasted me about a week, WoW is dead to me... the genre is a wasteland of "been there, quit that." 
    yeah, same here, I started my MMO days playing Ultima Online and since then its been nice with EQ2, WoW, LOTRO and more, but lately not many MMO`s give you the feeling of something new or the rush we had when we played those old games back in the day, its all a bit plain for me and get bored too fast.

Hope a developer picks this up and make one for those Old Skool gamers like us
  • GolazGolaz Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Robokapp said:
    Overwatch, obviously. Sold a lot (7M+ in its first week). Very well reviewed (90+ on metacritics).
    I think he said "MMO". I also think he said "best" not "most popular at release".

OW is an MMO, by the definition of this site.

"Best" is subjective, but I would say a metacritics score of 91 is pretty good. A lot of people on this site think that it is a fun, good game. Is your opinion different?
    If thats the case I'd like to recommend Diablo 3
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited June 2016
    BDO is the best MMO out right now, and probably for quite awhile.  Next week it only gets better with seiges.

It does have a hacking problem, but I've never seen one and they are cracking down on them.  Also, Daum listens and proactively makes changes based on what they feel people want.  This is more than the vast majority of Devs do.  Sometimes it doesn't make a vocal minority happy, but they'd probably never be happy anyway.

Game is only 30 bucks and no sub- it's worth trying at the very least.
  • Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Id say FF ,GW2 ,Tera

Personally i got bored of GW2 and Tera and lvled ,got geared in both fast.
    Now im in RF Online having the most epic pvp of all time.
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    WORLD OF WARCRAFT - better than GW2,ESO,FF,BDO combined. Actually BDO brings down the quality, even at that WORLD OF WARCRAFT is better than GW2,ESO,FF combined as well.
  • VorpalChicken28VorpalChicken28 Member UncommonPosts: 348
    just buy wizardry gold from GoG better than any MMO and will give you days and days of gameplay
    “Nevertheless, the human brain, which survives by hoping from one second to another, will always endeavor to put off the moment of truth. Moist” 
    ― Terry PratchettMaking Money