Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GOG.com Summer Sale Kicks Off. System Shock 2 Free

The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited June 2016
    Jade Empire: 2.69€

Sid Meier's Pirates: 2.19€

Hasbro RPG collection that has Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2, Planescape Torment, and 4 other RPGs: 13.63€

Master of Orion 1 & 2: 1.39€

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    jade empire was free from origin I think about 4 months ago
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Kayo83Kayo83 Member UncommonPosts: 399
    Damn I love GOG. Always use GOG for any PC game they have I want (Witcher, Banner Saga + a ton of oldies). Wish Steam was more like them ... I might actually use it then.

Thanks for info! Been waiting for the Star Wars Xwing/TIE Fighter games to go on discount. Got Xwing Alliance a while back and ... they need to make another one. Heard the older ones were better, albeit not as pretty.
  • BascolaBascola Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Thank you for notice!
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I like steam.  I'm not sure of the differences in terms of content, but I prefer to stay with as few different sources as possible.  It's not absolute, but unless they come up with a 'must have' only here, I'll pass.

They look like some good deals though.

I self identify as a monkey.

edited June 2016

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    There is quite a few titles not on Steam that GOG has. Plus it is fully DRM free. Also I like to support CD Projekt since they own it. I like Steam as well but GOG is becoming more and more my go to platform.
    I'll give it another gander.  I prefer my sources consolidated, but it's not an absolute.  If it's gotten better than the last time I looked (year ago or so, I think), then it might be worth a rethink.  I just remember it being... mmmm... lacking in 'finesse' for lack of a better term.

I self identify as a monkey.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited June 2016
    I like Steam as well but GOG is becoming more and more my go to platform.
    Well, I never liked steam, so gog.com is even more go-to platform for me :wink:  And still (or maybe exactly because of that), this sale is not very suited for me... I already have System Shock 2 (though 1 is better), just as well the end reward of the "xp-bar", Dreamfall Chapters - as a devoted fan of Ragnar, that's natural I think :lol:

Speaking of Ragnar and Funcom, I think the best news of yesterday was mostly missed, except an entry on Torval's list: the release of The Park. After the months of lamenting and petitioning at Funcom, Park is finally slipped out from the gabeyma... gobeyma... Bogeyman's steamy fingers, and now it's on gog.com :waving:

The Hasbro bundle is a bit odd however... it's the classic rpg bundle from last year, minus 3 bucks on the price, but also minus the two Baldur's Gate-s and the first Icewind Dale. If I'd be heavily into conspiracy theories (hey, I play TSW :lol: ) I'd say they removed those from the bundle because of their EE versions... which would be a sad reason, since EEs are much weaker than the originals (at least imo, I know that Torval for example likes the EE versions)
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I like GOG a lot I keep both Steam and GOG on my computer. Some of my games are from GOG since they have  some very good roleplaying games and others are on Steam. I have no problems supporting both steam and GOG.
    Chamber of Chains
    Po_gg said:
    [...] If I'd be heavily into conspiracy theories (hey, I play TSW :lol: ) I'd say they removed those from the bundle because of their EE versions... which would be a sad reason, since EEs are much weaker than the originals (at least imo, I know that Torval for example likes the EE versions)
    Well, Day 2, one of the new bundles is... the EE bundle with Baldur's 1-2 and Icewind Dale :lol:  They can be so transparent sometimes. Luckily I have the old bundle from before.
  • eoloeeoloe Member RarePosts: 864
    There is battlezone 98 for ~ $13 ! Already got it from steam but at $13 for the best strategy game ever that is a steal.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    There's both Metro titles on a nice discount! If you've never played them I suggest you do.

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    There is quite a few titles not on Steam that GOG has. Plus it is fully DRM free. Also I like to support CD Projekt since they own it. I like Steam as well but GOG is becoming more and more my go to platform.
    They own GOG? I did not know that.  I guess that explains why they have such good deals on The Witcher games.  I even got The Witcher 2 for free on GOG.

Po_gg said:
    Well, I never liked steam, so gog.com is even more go-to platform for me :wink: 
    I have never been fond of Steam.  Frankly, I only use it at all because I'm often forced to.  Given the choice, I would never have created a Steam account.  So many games have Steam requirements.

Steam is the closest thing to a monopoly on gaming that exists.  But, GOG seems to be trying to progress and compete, which is great.  I hope they catch up to them.  It'll be better for everyone if GOG can expand that far.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    mgilbrtsn said:
    I'll give it another gander.  I prefer my sources consolidated, but it's not an absolute.  If it's gotten better than the last time I looked (year ago or so, I think), then it might be worth a rethink.  I just remember it being... mmmm... lacking in 'finesse' for lack of a better term.
    I was going the same way but the steam sales have been so blah lately and GOG is DRM free which I just like to support.  They are starting to have some awesome sales as well.  Do know what you mean though.  It took me forever to remember where I had purchased the D&D collection and Titan Quest from. . turns out it was D2D.  bah!

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Thanks for posting this news bit =)
    Especially interesting that System Shock2 (and maybe other games too) includes extra downloads like the original pitch document with comparisons drawn to 1993 Doom and an old radio interview with Ken Levine 
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    I'm a deal hunter by nature, and I use all of the game services.  Steam, GoG, Origin... doesn't matter much to me; only who has the better deals.  I'm not much of an 'ist'; I like to keep my options open.

I have to say that the GoG deals, unless I'm looking for some really older titles, which I'm not, are pretty lackluster this time around.

Pretty much everything that I would want to buy will be cheaper in 4-6 weeks during the steam sale.  Witcher 3, for instance, is nearly guaranteed to have a 66% or 75% sale just due to its age.  Kerbal, Homeworld: Remastered, The Shadowrun expansions, even The Park will all come in, at least one point during the steam sale, at 66% or better.  Not really seeing the savings this time around GoG.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    H0urg1ass said:
    I'm a deal hunter by nature, and I use all of the game services.  Steam, GoG, Origin... doesn't matter much to me; only who has the better deals.  I'm not much of an 'ist'; I like to keep my options open.

I have to say that the GoG deals, unless I'm looking for some really older titles, which I'm not, are pretty lackluster this time around.

Pretty much everything that I would want to buy will be cheaper in 4-6 weeks during the steam sale.  Witcher 3, for instance, is nearly guaranteed to have a 66% or 75% sale just due to its age.  Kerbal, Homeworld: Remastered, The Shadowrun expansions, even The Park will all come in, at least one point during the steam sale, at 66% or better.  Not really seeing the savings this time around GoG.
    I'm like you in that sense.. I will buy a game anywhere really.  I really like Greenmangaming as they always have really good discounts and promos.  If I am buying a game that just came out and I can't wait for a reduction I always go there.. they usually run 20% off sitewide.  They also have other good deals.  I rarely buy from GoG unless there's a really good deal.

Torval said:
    I had the original games and bought the EEs when they offered them to me on upgrade for a couple of bucks.

I do like the EEs more. Funny you remember that.
    Yep, I do :wink:  even if I have strict opinion on games and genres, I still respect and accept that others may have different taste.

Also, I may sounded a bit negative above, but that was not the intent, I really like CD P and gog, I used to dive into the sales, the meta in them is fun (like the caffeinated sheep :wink: ). And in this regard, the current sale was a bit lacklusting for me, from the 4 games included the meta I have 2+1 (GK original, and not really like the "EE"-esque version of it which is part of the XP bar), and the 4th I would never play anyways (Spelunky, I rarely play platformers).

Of course I will buy a couple games, most likely I will hit the mark for grabbing a second Chapters, but I will still miss the incentive part of the sales during these two weeks... For a start I will buy the Park, even if it doesn't have the included TSW benefits :wink:
  • sfsghtrwesfsghtrwe Member CommonPosts: 5
    Victor Vran is 70% off for $6
    Van Helsing Final Cut (all three games in one) is 50% for $22.50
    Grim Dawn is 25% off for $18.70
    The Park 50% at $6.50
    Blackguards SE is 90% off at $4.50