Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what are the best mmo's out right now.

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Definitely BDO...if you like hacking.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited June 2016
    So the OP asks for informed opinions and people start pulling the "It's all subjective" card?
    Fer cryin out loud! Just give your damned opinion on your favorite MMO and move on!

OP, try FFXIV:ARR.

(See, was that so hard?)
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    So the OP asks for informed opinions and people start pulling the "It's all subjective" card?
    Fer cryin out loud! Just give your damned opinion on your favorite MMO and move on!

(See, was that so hard?)
    Problem is he said pvp and if you've played it you would know the pvp in that game is garbage.
  • vveaver_onlinevveaver_online Member UncommonPosts: 436
    The Secret World, it might not be a mmo, but it is a PvE aand PvP coop game that has crafting!

I'm a lifetime subscriber to TSW and I have been playing on and of since launch, its a great game.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    scorpex-x said:

(See, was that so hard?)
    Problem is he said pvp and if you've played it you would know the pvp in that game is garbage.
    FFXIV:ARR is a PVE game, it does have some PVP, but its very limited, i wouldn't call it garbage, but i would call it a 'token effort'.
  • josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    edited June 2016
    You did mention that you played only old-school MMOs, but still said that you want to play BDO, which is as far from the old-school concept as you can get.

So out of the modern MMOs, ESO is by far the best. It's journey to the endgame is actually very enjoyable, very immersive, and the PvP is among the best this genre has ever seen. Luckily for ESO it's made from an IP that is very popular, or it would have ended the same as all other MMOs that seemed better than WoW but failed anyway due to lack of marketing budget and no loyal following.
  • IwayloIwaylo Member UncommonPosts: 174
    subscrib: World of warcraft
    b2p: GW2
    F2P: Tera, Aion, BnS.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    My vote is for ESO.
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    You'll have to wait until Dec 2017 when Chronicles of Elyria is scheduled to release.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,500
    xpowderx said:
    I am picky when it comes to my choice of a MMO.  I like MMO's that have it all.  Good PVE, Immersion, Crafting, and PVP. Games I do like are EQ2, LOTRO, and DAOC.   They are all very old school.

I was thinking BDO.  But it really does have a serious hacking issue.  Is Age of Conan still a good option? SWTOR?  I keep going back to LOTRO.

What are the current mmo's that can offer these qualities?  I keep finding myself going back to LOTRO.  Only because it offers all the qualities I look for except for pvp.

So what newer titles are out for the offering.  Which do you think are the best ones?
    Which server are you playing LOTRO on?  I stay away from the PVP myself right now as I am slowly doing every deed in the game on my warden.  But Arkenstone has seen a major increase in the Freeps and Creeps lately because of the merges.  A lot of rank farmers in groups though.  Was just curious. 

Like you I have gone back and forth with LOTRO myself for years.

You may enjoy Project Gorgon if you are looking for an old school feel that is totally do whatever you want kind of feel to it.  Don't think there is PVP though but could be wrong haven't logged in for a while.  Hell you can play as animals if you want to!  Very small development team but a gem in the rough kind of game.  Little rough around the edges but overall good game.  Game is still in development but has a ton to do.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    scorpex-x said:

(See, was that so hard?)
    My mistake for not thoroughly reading the OP before posting.
    Please allow me to revise:

OP, try GW2.

(See, was that so hard?)
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited June 2016
    Black Desert is the only choice if you want a real mmo.

2 themepark games that I recommend for PVP

Aion and Echo Of Soul.
  • nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
    xpowderx said:
    I am picky when it comes to my choice of a MMO.  I like MMO's that have it all.  Good PVE, Immersion, Crafting, and PVP. Games I do like are EQ2, LOTRO, and DAOC.   They are all very old school.

I was thinking BDO.  But it really does have a serious hacking issue.  Is Age of Conan still a good option? SWTOR?  I keep going back to LOTRO.

What are the current mmo's that can offer these qualities?  I keep finding myself going back to LOTRO.  Only because it offers all the qualities I look for except for pvp.

So what newer titles are out for the offering.  Which do you think are the best ones?
    I've played most MMO's out there. I have since I started DAoC in 2002. So my question is, "why are you looking for a new game," since those games are still out and you enjoy them. It helps narrow down what's out there.
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    Lineage > the rest.
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Haven't you heard...they all are.

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178
    Hey there just your typical over 30 gamer here just gonna give some suggestions and go back to waiting for the end.

Wildstar
    SWTOR:Sub style. Don't play free.
    Eve

If these three games can't scratch the itch I will refer you to the single most greatest comeback story in mmo's ever.

FFXIV. It's a damned good game.
  • rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    .. im totally down in Los Santos atm, but best for me last years was ArcheAge .. ya, but .. and then it maybe StarCitizen.

Other oldshoolers, well, Anarchy Online is still a great expeience, also we hear something good from SWTOR. I wish we would have Huttball like things in other games as well.
    I remember WoW as a good experience, but it was so teen style color mess. Nontheless the PvP playfields been fun for sure.

TERA new expansion, always good to play, TERA is a cool game with nice pvp combats.

Fallen Earth was and still is nice to play.

When im done in Los Santos, i may checkout ESO.
    I would play ArcheAge, but the game does not like its players.

Have you tried Scrap Mechanics ?
    xD

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983
    I was going to get ESO for my xbone but forgot about it.  Got caught up playing Witcher and Far Cry Primal.  What does ESO cost monthly (USA)?  Does it play cross-platform with the PC crowd?  Needs xbox Gold account?

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Overwatch, obviously. Sold a lot (7M+ in its first week). Very well reviewed (90+ on metacritics).
  • KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    OP best choice is playing F2P MMO's while not buying anything that was shipped to us in these last almost 5½ years. So, that being said Marvel Heroes Online is an exceptional F2P game, which you'll be enjoying it, 100% guaranteed if you haven't played it yet. Then you have some alternative, private server MMO's which doing far better job than the actual MMO's themselves from the older, better quality ones.

At the end play something else beside MMO's when you got nothing, better to play amazing single player or some other genre multiplayer game to help you pass the year until something good comes in early 2017. I'm certain by 2020, one great game will arrive and by 2025 the copycats will clone it to death, and hopefully unlike WOW, they will copy it into a superior quality not far worse.

I'm optimistic by 2035-2040, players will have such amazing MMORPG's available that they simply can't afford to play at the same time. So, even grinding $ IRL right now might be better to buy yourself freedom later on.

• Gymrat313Gymrat313 Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Kopogero said:
    OP best choice is playing F2P MMO's while not buying anything that was shipped to us in these last almost 5½ years. So, that being said Marvel Heroes Online is an exceptional F2P game, which you'll be enjoying it, 100% guaranteed if you haven't played it yet. Then you have some alternative, private server MMO's which doing far better job than the actual MMO's themselves from the older, better quality ones.

At the end play something else beside MMO's when you got nothing, better to play amazing single player or some other genre multiplayer game to help you pass the year until something good comes in early 2017. I'm certain by 2020, one great game will arrive and by 2025 the copycats will clone it to death, and hopefully unlike WOW, they will copy it into a superior quality not far worse.

I'm optimistic by 2035-2040, players will have such amazing MMORPG's available that they simply can't afford to play at the same time. So, even grinding $ IRL right now might be better to buy yourself freedom later on.
    You are so pathetic...lol
  • MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    FFXIV

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    PROJECT 1999
  • NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    I was going to get ESO for my xbone but forgot about it.  Got caught up playing Witcher and Far Cry Primal.  What does ESO cost monthly (USA)?  Does it play cross-platform with the PC crowd?  Needs xbox Gold account?

It's B2P with an optional monthly sub; you get some free goodies each month for the $14.99 if you choose to pay.
    It doesn't play cross platform; PC only servers, Xbone only servers, PS4 only servers.
    Microsoft requires you to have a Gold account to play online games. That's their decision.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Robokapp said:
    Overwatch, obviously. Sold a lot (7M+ in its first week). Very well reviewed (90+ on metacritics).
    I think he said "MMO". I also think he said "best" not "most popular at release".

OW is an MMO, by the definition of this site.

"Best" is subjective, but I would say a metacritics score of 91 is pretty good. A lot of people on this site think that it is a fun, good game. Is your opinion different?