Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Banhammer is Dropping, Officially

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

imageThe Banhammer is Dropping, Officially

Announced on the Official Forums, Black Desert Online's community team posted today that bans are coming for cheaters in BDO, and they're coming fast and furious.

Read the full story here

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Uh huh...
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    Uh huh...
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    I love these answers lol
    Harbinger of Fools
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Hmm...

• LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    PR bandaid anyone?
  • Charliff1966Charliff1966 Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Should have happened sooner.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505

Dakeru said:

I love these answers lol

I was kind of hoping the entire feature thread would be nothing but this responses for the lulz

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    This is the 3rd time they have promised this and the 4th time they havent done it.
  • LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Need to head over to BDO forums and taste those tears... :)
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    So what makes this a more credible threat than Daum's countless previous threats of imminent action against hackers ?

Is it because THIS time, they really, really, really mean it ? :D 
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    Too little too late, damage is already done, no one believes the PR damage control anyway. RIP BDO.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Be great if they were banning players, not just accounts which is something that Blizzard are apparently doing with Overwatch, thousands of players apparently have been permabanned for cheating in Overwatch, and when they have bought new accounts etc. they have discovered that is also permabanned, if Daum did something similar that would be totally awesome! B)
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    So what makes this a more credible threat than Daum's countless previous threats of imminent action against hackers ?

Is it because THIS time, they really, really, really mean it ? :D 
    Its a man bear pig for reals!
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    'insert humor here".... always great to see a game ruined by it's player base... even better seeing those happy cheers when it happens...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    donger56 said:
    Too little too late, damage is already done, no one believes the PR damage control anyway. RIP BDO.
    You know people were hacking worse on FFXIV at the start than anything on BDO right? that's still running just fine, people who like it will play it. 
  • mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Uh huh huh huh ...

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,168
    I wonder if it was partly due to the MMORPG.com article. xD
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Distopia said:
    'insert humor here".... always great to see a game ruined by it's player base... even better seeing those happy cheers when it happens...
    I agree with your sentiment.  My sympathy for BDO is tempered, however, by the lack of foresight Daum showed when porting the game to NA without addressing the issues that made hacking so easy.. :/

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    If they follow through perhaps when i hit 45 the hackers numbers will be reduced.
    I can hope!

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• toolaktoolak Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Yeah right.
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    I wonder how many people who weren't cheating are going to get caught up in this.
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Glad they are doing this and I hope it helps the BDO community.

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    Too little, too late, in my opinion. Bad PR press at the beginning of a game can kill it quickly...just look at Darkfall (other things killed this also, but bad press had a lot to do with it)
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Has anyone asked them how that one loophole was left open in the beginning?
    It sure looks suspicious when you cover every single base except ONE and that one idea is the same one that has been used for cheating for the past 15 years.

Also trying to ban cheating after sooo many have already attained all they want or need is a complete waste of time.I do not condone cheating but it reminds me of FFXI,since you already let so many cheat you might as well allow the rest to catch up to the cheats ....sigh.

Bottom line is we see this EVERY single game,devs have no pre planning to curb cheating,it only becomes a problem when the players/public make not of it,otherwise the developer couldn't care less about the integrity of their game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.