Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestions On What To Play On Integrated Graphics

ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433
Since the RX-480 is a few weeks off and I've got no GPU for the moment, I was wondering if anyone here could suggest me a game (both MMO and non-MMO) that would run well on the Intel HD530 on 1080. I don't really care if it's Indie or not, but I'm looking for something to pass me by after I finish Hyper Light Drifter.

Comments

• SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546
    Deathspank series would run awesome. EQ2 would run on around medium (At 1080 resolution, but details would have to be turned down). Quite a few others as well in the older game side. 
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Many older games will run fine if you turn down the settings.

• ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433
    Deathspank series would run awesome. EQ2 would run on around medium (At 1080 resolution, but details would have to be turned down). Quite a few others as well in the older game side. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I just added the game on my wishlist. Hopefully, it goes on sale by the time I'm done with Hyper Light Drifter.
  • PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856
    Stardew Valley has been extremely popular and would play well on a built-in graphics chip. Or I'd  guess a more advanced 2D RPG game like Divinity: Original Sin, and older isometric classics like Baldur's Gate 2, etc. would too.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Indies, older isometric classics... really?
    The concerns and fear of integrated is quite a dated issue since manufacturers are focusing more onto TDP lowering and not performance chasing :wink:

Skylake's 530 is actually pretty good, for an integrated solution. Sure, you need to lower your expectations a bit (for example, GTA V is only low settings and 720p, https://youtu.be/UfyaI-ahTr8 ), but even if you want to keep your fullHD and at least medium settings, I think most games and MMOs from 2012 or before will run decently.
  • ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433
    Po_gg said:
    Indies, older isometric classics... really?
    The concerns and fear of integrated is quite a dated issue since manufacturers are focusing more onto TDP lowering and not performance chasing :wink:

Skylake's 530 is actually pretty good, for an integrated solution. Sure, you need to lower your expectations a bit (for example, GTA V is only low settings and 720p, https://youtu.be/UfyaI-ahTr8 ), but even if you want to keep your fullHD and at least medium settings, I think most games and MMOs from 2012 or before will run decently.
    Yes, Skylake's 530 is actually pretty good. It even runs better in a few games than my mom's A10-7850k :pleased:

Pynda said:
    Stardew Valley has been extremely popular and would play well on a built-in graphics chip. Or I'd  guess a more advanced 2D RPG game like Divinity: Original Sin, and older isometric classics like Baldur's Gate 2, etc. would too.

Thanks. I'll be adding Stardew Valley to my list :+1: