Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steam Launch on June 9th!

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

imageSteam Launch on June 9th!

It's Official, Carbine Studios WildStar is launching on Steam June 9th! Read on for the full details.

Read the full story here

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178
    I'm super happy for this personally. Whether it works or not who knows but yeah more people the better.

I'm a fanyboy of this game. Admitted. I just love it.
    But I can't bring myself to login under the fears of sinking. This kinda pushes some fears away but I am sure many are in this same boat.

It's like Hep-C from Rick and Morty. It's just a good guy.
  • DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607
    Honestly I think if you enjoy this game you should play it. It has it's faults (which game doesn't?), but it really is a good game.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Woot that is good news. I have been waiting to get back into that best bad game I have ever played. I love the combat! 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Rott23Rott23 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    I decided to try this game out again last month after giving it a shot around launch.

They've improved the game tremendously in my opinion, and I think it's definitely worth checking out if you have any interest. It's not for everyone, but it's very solid for what it is.

I love the environment, the quick quests, and the quirkiness. 
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    This is its last chance....good luck WS.

Kinda funny that NCsoft pulls all their other games from steam yet prepping to add this one.
  • DrDreamDrDream Member UncommonPosts: 237
    I was so happy to hear this news! Great gmae already have it downloaded and such but gonna redownload it on steam so all my friends see it and maybe come nad givve it a go! Anyone scared to play DONT BE! The games population as of late has been on the Rise atleast on Exile side on Entity (NA server) has been so its good of a time as any to give it another whirl!

• Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    It's not gonna work, but it's good they finally did this [why they didn't do it from the start is beyond me].
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I want to force myself to quest in order to see if the dungeons are fun/rewarding/challenging. Running errands down a corridor no options/freedom world is unbearable.

I believe they finally put mouselook controls in! Holding down the right mouse buttons constantly in an action game in not acceptable.  
  • UrncallerUrncaller Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Yeah they have improved it A ton and the F2P Model they created in my opinion is one of the best out there. So I do hope Steam gives them a boost in population...it really helped Tera when they did it and Tera still going pretty strong.
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    So how do I link the copy of WS I have now to my Steam account?

(I am a little concerned that they gave just two days notice though.)
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    I wish them luck - the game has some major flaws but it didn't deserve to tank the way it did.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • fed79fed79 Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Dead game is dead. Played this back at lauch, but the were too slow o respond to pvp and pve issues. Steam is last gasp, it's obvious this game is dead.
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    edited June 2016
    I kinda feel like I should download and log in for a bit just to give them hope...

As boring as I find this game overall, I will still be sad seeing the inevitable shut down.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Yeah......Don't get to invested.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Just hoping that Carbine handles this better than the F2P transition.

Go Wildstar!!

• Little-BootLittle-Boot Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Oh dear, it's still in surgery when it should be in Dignitas. 
  • AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Why isn't this flagged as "Sposored"?
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    crickets....

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Acidon said:
    Why isn't this flagged as "Sposored"?
    Because Carbine doesn't do any marketing.

• DraconistvDraconistv Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Shut down this game allready, no but seriously just forget it ever happend!
  • chanmingchanming Member UncommonPosts: 52
    I heard that the game will shut down soon. So this must be the final money attempt before closing.
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    this game for me is in the top 3-5 of "What if games" , it was almost a brilliant game, but falls short, which is sad....
    So good luck to WS and its player base, but sadly it does feel like its a last roll of the dice...

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 211
    I'm going to give it another bash and hope that it works. Empty zones with no player interaction put me off before. Let's hope that it's busy this time.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I'll download it again. I spent quite a bit of money on WS between launch and again after F2P conversion. Never seems to hook me long term though...

I will admit I am very leery of spending any more money with its future rather questionable. I imagine a lot of players are in that same boat. Carbine's rather bleak honesty might have sealed their fate.

At the same time though, I'm sure there's a large base of Steam players who never heard of it or never tried it before. And they likely have no idea the game is struggling and might give it the cash injection they need.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I'll download it again. I spent quite a bit of money on WS between launch and again after F2P conversion. Never seems to hook me long term though...

I will admit I am very leery of spending any more money with its future rather questionable. I imagine a lot of players are in that same boat. Carbine's rather bleak honesty might have sealed their fate.

At the same time though, I'm sure there's a large base of Steam players who never heard of it or never tried it before. And they likely have no idea the game is struggling and might give it the cash injection they need.