Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Six Reasons to Watch Revelation Online - Revelation News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageSix Reasons to Watch Revelation Online - Revelation News

Just yesterday, rather out of the blue, it was announced that My.Com (Skyforge, Armored Warfare) will be bringing NetEase’s popular eastern MMORPG Revelation Online into the EU and NA territories. We’ve done a little research, and are sharing with you some of the reasons that you might want to keep your eyes on this import MMO.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    The #1 mmo I am waiting on.

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    Look and features seems nice. I only have a big problem with the Asian settings. To me there are not variations in the buildings, they seem to all have the same kind of roof. Also most NPC and even characters wear a variation of pajamas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687
    I really hope Revelation is more thought out than Aion was. Aion had some really cool features but as a whole, it lacked.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • Charliff1966Charliff1966 Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Will wait until more news arrives. Could be good, could be bad (p2w)
  • HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414

We've got enough asian grindfest already. Thanks but no thanks.

Well we wouldn't want anything to compete with all the western grindfest we already have!
  • NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257
    I did not like Skyforge, but I will keep a keen eye on this one. Has some great selling points, specially having a seamless world, which is essential as far as I´m concerned.
  • LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Not holding my breathe for this one, we've been fed these lines before on many mmo's and all have fallen flat on their ass's.
  • NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    I did not like Skyforge, but I will keep a keen eye on this one
    Skyforge is published by My.com and developed by Allods Team.
    Revelation Online will be published by My.com in NA/EU and is developed by a Chinese team called NetEase.
    So Skyforge and Revelation only share the same publisher.
  • FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 254

Nasa said:

I did not like Skyforge, but I will keep a keen eye on this one

Skyforge is published by My.com and developed by Allods Team.
    Revelation Online will be published by My.com in NA/EU and is developed by a Chinese team called NetEase.
    So Skyforge and Revelation only share the same publisher.

Allods Team is a part of Mail.ru, which also owns my.com.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    If you ask me, for an f2p publisher My.com is really tame. But well we know there was a time many of us here had a favorite game developer and publisher, who also brought a very very fair f2p model when they converted their flagship to f2p, we loved this company and now more than 90% of us hate this company, you guys know whom i am talking about. I want to see where my.com goes, if they go to shit like many many others before them.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 254
    I think for NetEease my.com was the perfect choice, because they are active in the US, western Europe and Russia. Neither Trion nor NCsoft or Nexon can offer this.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    edited June 2016
    I've been waiting on this since i first saw it on Steparu's youtube channel. My only worry is the hack-n-slash combat. I'm not a big fan of AOE'ing packs of mobs as the main form of combat. The art, UI, graphics are visually appealing though.
  • ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    What !!! Something coming to North America thats not gender locked, thats crazy talk...
  • PhaedruslivesPhaedruslives Member UncommonPosts: 122
    It's incredible how much praise and hype a sub-standard looking Korean grindfest can get, while any attention at all to western titles is regarded with bitterness and vehemence. Weebs.
  • UrncallerUrncaller Member UncommonPosts: 167
    edited June 2016
    I enjoy grinding in mmos, guess I am the odd one but I do feel as have said It feels "earned" when you acquire the item etc you have been grinding for. But i'm older and from a generation where working towards a goal was a good thing not just handed too you with no effort.
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737

Urncaller said:

I enjoy grinding in mmos, guess I am the odd one but I do feel as have said It feels "earned" when you acquire the item etc you have been grinding for. But i'm older and from a generation where working towards a goal was a good thing not just handed too you with no effort.

People are very desperate for instant gratification these days. It might be that today's generation are filled with people with incredibly short attention-spans that the idea of having to focus on something and earn it, is something people might never even consider.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    As long as its not F2P I will at least look at it.
  • tremererertremererer Member UncommonPosts: 10
    if they don't make it P2W will be a good MMO

goboygo said:

As long as its not F2P I will at least look at it.

you can start look away already, lol.
  • WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    Probably worth a look, hopefully translation doesn't suck. Also hoping it's not sanitized for the SJW idiots.
  • Verum0Verum0 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    It seems that all of the current MMOrpgs are coming from Asia. When do we get another solid AAA MMOrpgs that rivals the games of the past
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Urncaller said:
    It depends on the "grind".  If it's mindless grinding where you have to kill 1000+ mobs in the same spot, then i do not find that enjoyable, or feel any accomplishment.  It's just wasting time without using any skill.

If it's instanced or openworld, and i'm grinding away at mobs through a tunnel avoiding traps, killing bosses, or solving some puzzles, then i would consider that an accomplishment.  (i don't consider this grinding as some people do though)
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Looks very promising but I have become reserved almost cynical about new mmos lately.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Open Seamless World, True Flight, Open World PVP, Trinity and Territory Control. 

This might be the one.  =)
  • NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239
    I don't know about mentioned features but I'm anxious to read the posts after people here get their hands on some form of beta :) I feel it will be juicy read.