Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wireless Gaming Mice Suggestion

ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433
Does anyone here have any experience with wireless gaming mice and can recommend me a good one? Preferably one that's around the $50ish price range.

My daughter just munched the hell out of my G503's cord, so I'm looking for a wireless alternative to prevent it from happening again.

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    There is no such thing as a good wireless gaming mouse.  The wire is what makes it work, and if you take that away, it won't reliably work.
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Well, mice are a pretty personal thing - you like what you like, and that's just about the end of it.

If you liked the G503, what about the G602? - basically a wireless 502 form factor. Those are going for around $55 right now at Newegg and Amazon.

I will say that wireless are suitable, but I absolutely despise having the battery die in the middle of playing, or having them lag just a bit when you first move them (and they are "waking up" to save battery life). I'm also firmly in the "wired" category in terms of my preference, and maybe it would be better to re-route the cord away from hungry children and use a bit of cable management - as there's also going to be keyboard cable, speaker cables, monitor cables, power cables, ethernet cables, etc. etc.

Something as simple as zip ties can go a long way. I've seen some rather ingenious cable trays made out of gutter screwed underneat the backside of a desk that look and work awesome. Sure, you can make a lot of things wireless, but you can't make everything wireless. And I assume removing your daughter's teeth to prevent her from chewing up cables isn't a preferable option either. 

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    For $50 you're not going to find a replacement if you want the similar reliability. The Logitech G900 runs $150 and I wouldn't personally go with any other wireless mouse. You might like the Mamba, but I just don't like razer mice personally.
  • ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433
    I'll try both the G900 and G602 and return whichever of the two I don't like. Seems like both have favorable reviews online. Thanks for the suggestion guys, really appreciate it! :)