Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You are stranded on an island, and can only play one mmorpg

124»

Comments

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Three men stranded on an island for 20 years walking along the beach. A lamp washes up and they pick it up and start to polish it.

A genie pops up and tells them they have three wishes, so they can have one wish each.

Genie asks the first man for his wish " It has been 20 years since I have been to the pub and had a beer... I wish I was back home in my neighborhood pub swilling a brewsky!" ALLAKAZAM and POOF he was gone.

Genie asks the second man for his wish "It has been twenty long years since I have seen my wife and children... I wish I was back home with them" ALLAKAZAM and POOF he was gone.

Genie asks the third man for his wish "I will be so lonely here on this island all by myself.... I wish I had my two friends back!"

ALLAKAZAM and POOF 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,007
    Erina Hiko, survival MMORPG. It's a name I made up because I been stuck on the island for so long I'm playing something which doesn't exist and my computer is actually a palm leaf because I lost my mind.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Akulas said:
    Erina Hiko, survival MMORPG. It's a name I made up because I been stuck on the island for so long I'm playing something which doesn't exist and my computer is actually a palm leaf because I lost my mind.
    That's the best answer yet....

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    netglen said:
    Any game that has an ingame /pizza ordering system that will actually deliver food, clothing, water, drinks, building supplies, medical supplies, air conditioner, generators, gasoline and furniture so I can actually enjoy playing the MMORPG.
    then eq2 no doubt !

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    laserit said:
    Three men stranded on an island for 20 years walking along the beach. A lamp washes up and they pick it up and start to polish it.

A genie pops up and tells them they have three wishes, so they can have one wish each.

Genie asks the first man for his wish " It has been 20 years since I have been to the pub and had a beer... I wish I was back home in my neighborhood pub swilling a brewsky!" ALLAKAZAM and POOF he was gone.

Genie asks the second man for his wish "It has been twenty long years since I have seen my wife and children... I wish I was back home with them" ALLAKAZAM and POOF he was gone.

Genie asks the third man for his wish "I will be so lonely here on this island all by myself.... I wish I had my two friends back!"

ALLAKAZAM and POOF 

forced grouping!
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    I throw the computer in the ocean and learn to knit clothing from plant fiber. More interesting than any mmorpg on the market currently.
    Oh, a real crafting grinder, eh......?
  • LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Sword Art Online?
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    World of Tanks, if that doesnt count..then....SWtOR

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Ark: Survival Evolved. It would teach me how to block access to the beaches so newcomers couldn't get on the island, and if they did how to effectively repel and drive them off or kill them.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504
    Amathe said:
    Ignore that you would not have a dry computer, or electricity, or the internet,  or that if you did you could use those things to seek rescue. 

Hypothetically, you get one mmorpg to pass the time. It can be any mmorpg, and it can be according to whatever year or version you want it to be. The original version. The fully updated version. A special rule set server. Whatever.

What will it be?

For me it would be original Everquest, just after the Luclin expansion (because that's about what it was when I first played it). 
    I would play WOW, because lots of players are playing that game and I could find somebody to talk to in order to communicate my location so that I could be rescued from the island and play a lore more games.

...and plus WOW is still one of the more enjoyable MMORPGs, so I'll have something to do while waiting to be rescued.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• DelCabonDelCabon Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Asherons Call has a lot of turf to cover, would be a good time sink for a few years at least.

Del Cabon
    A US Army ('Just Cause') Vet and MMORPG Native formerly of Trinsic, Norath and Dereth. Currently playing LOTRO. 

• DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384

DAOC or FFXI. Not any new crap games that's for sure.

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    World of Warcraft - I know it's not f2p but the first 20 levels are.

Then ....

ArcheAge

Neverwinter

Rift

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Probably minecraft for me.  Mmo modded, it offers almost limitless possibilities.  If I was gonna be stranded, I would want something that doesn't have an emd.

I self identify as a monkey.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
    i agree with the OP, EQ for me as well. as long as it never progressed past LDON :)
  • aj62896aj62896 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Yeah, so my survivalist instincts would say WoW or FFXIV. That's where all of my friends are playing and that's where I would tell them that I was stranded out at sea. "PLEASE SEND HELP"
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
    Eadan1 said:
    It has to be an f2p game, since you can't pay for a subscription on the island. Here f2p crowd, another reason for you to defend that shameless business model.
    why stop there? what about a computer? or electricity? internet? try reading the OP and yes F2P is a cancer!
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Vanguard, with a healthy population though. So much content and classes would keep me going for quite some time.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    If you were stranded on an island it might be fun just to relax, hunt, fish, build your hut, build tools, maintain things, etc.  It would be like playing a game.  Most people play games to escape reality for a while.  Likely because they want to get away from society, it's rules, and urbanization for a while.