Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW Classic server additions discussion

13»

Comments

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

I would love a classic it tbc server.

I would love a reboot, even with maintaining some things like calendars some racial changes, no spell ranks, etc. I would be open to seeing wow reboot and go a different path from vanilla to see what they would have done differently.

so in conclusion:

1. Do legacy servers

2. Do an alternate wow reboot!

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    edited May 2016
    filmoret said:
    You're the one that came into a thread for people to discuss changes they'd like to see in a Vanilla server, and proceed to tell us WoW is doomed and it's bad. The person who is doing the trolling is you. 
    You should scroll up and read before playing the victim.  Oh no this guy came into our thread and said a bunch of stuff.  Oh wait no he didn't I'm assuming it.  
    I think you're the one that needs to read through the thread again. As you were the first person to run their mouth. He just stood up for a game he enjoys. By the way how did this become your thread? You wouldn't even consider in the "our" category of the thread. How can you be taking seriously when your first and only semi productive comment was, " We should add pandas." It may have been pure sarcasm but it was still pointless and not needed.

Yeah.... pretty much a complete fail on your part. However, it was a good attempt at success. Maybe next time you should step your game up a little in stead of just being a total asshole.
    edited May 2016
    danwest58 said:
    I would want balanced classes. I'm not going to play a game where Warriors spamming Sunder Armor are the only tanks in the game, and half of the specs are useless come endgame. I would also like to keep Flex raiding.
    Flex Raiding is a good idea.

The problem is around Balanced classes is we homogenize the classes to balance them out just like we have now.  Pali, DK, Druid and Warrior tanks all tank exactly the same.  I dont want balancing around these things.  Just like Warlocks and Shadow Priest were great in Raids because Warlocks increased Shadow Damage for everyone and Shadow Priest became the Mana battery.  This made the other Caster classes as not as good of a combo.  I think Balancing can happen but they should not be the same.  For example in TBC Pali tanks were good for AOE tanking\Off Tanking.  Warriors and Druids were great Main Tanks.  Each had their niche you didnt want Warriors AOE tanking because they could not.  

Think Every class should have a Strength and Weakness.  If a Rogue catches a Mage by the blind side the Mage Dies, But if a Mage gets a Rogue out in the field the Rogue is toast.  
    What's wrong with all specs being capable of their given role? There were a lot of specs that were absolute garbage in Vanilla, and by garbage I mean completely unplayable at endgame. 

You don't have to give up unique niches for classes to balance them. Blizzard did, but they wouldn't have to a second time. 
    I agree. I loved being a druid in vanilla. However, looking back being a druid pretty much sucked. Yes we could play resto (since balanced and feral were worthless) and be a decent healers that brought a lot to a raid. Yet, we couldn't solo or pvp for shit. As much as I enjoy trying to solo a mob for 5 minutes with the rotation of constant starfires and hots. It really wasn't fun and I don't think it would be enjoyable anymore.

TBC really brought druids into their own and made them the jack of all trades classes they were supposed to be. I just don't know if I'd like to go back to doing nothing but healing because that's all I can do.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    fodell54 said:
    filmoret said:
    You're the one that came into a thread for people to discuss changes they'd like to see in a Vanilla server, and proceed to tell us WoW is doomed and it's bad. The person who is doing the trolling is you. 
    You should scroll up and read before playing the victim.  Oh no this guy came into our thread and said a bunch of stuff.  Oh wait no he didn't I'm assuming it.  
    I think you're the one that needs to read through the thread again. As you were the first person to run their mouth. He just stood up for a game he enjoys. By the way how did this become your thread? You wouldn't even consider in the "our" category of the thread. How can you be taking seriously when your first and only semi productive comment was, " We should add pandas." It may have been pure sarcasm but it was still pointless and not needed.

Yeah.... pretty much a complete fail on your part. However, it was a good attempt at success. Maybe next time you should step your game up a little in stead of just being a total asshole.
    So you didn't notice it was started by some other person.  Sorry to hear that.  Then another dude said something about how wow was the best game and nothing came close.  Then I came in to help the poor guy realize how silly that statement is.  Because its really bad for someone to actually believe that.  I was just being friendly.  Because friends don't let friends play WOW.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    I would be okay with the new inventory management features as I don't think they detract from the vanilla WoW experience.  But honestly, I think the best route is probably to give us vanilla WoW exactly as it was in patch 1.12.1.  Knowing the Blizzard WoW team these days, if they had any latitude to make adjustments they'd just fuck it up and we'd all be sitting in Garrisons jerking ourselves off at level 60.
    I am more or less thinking having the Nost team run the Classic servers because I dont think they would screw it up.  The current Blizzard Team with WatchDev saying they listen to player feedback which I call bullshit on.  Yea I have no faith they will be able to manage legacy servers.  O and on WatchDev, he just posted that to get the WOW minority pissed off again at Legacy servers by playing the WE LISTEN TO ALL card.  
  • LashabLashab Member CommonPosts: 1
    I don't think Vanilla was perfect but it was the best compared to later expansions.

Things I would propose:

1) Add more class quests, especially for a Priest and Hunter. 
    2) Change some models, for example Tauren Druid Cat Form is retarded. Night Elf Cats are brilliant.
    3) More instances and more zones are welcome too.

In overall this is not about "Omg I don't want to kill Deathwing, I'd rather kill Nefarian!" This is stupid. I personally believe Blizzard had amazing content in every expansion. It was the game features that killed the MMORPG aspect of the game.

• SpectralHunterSpectralHunter Member UncommonPosts: 455
    I'd like to keep the graphical updates and transmogs since there were some cool looking lower level items.

• SpectralHunterSpectralHunter Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Thupli said:

I would love a classic it tbc server.

I would love a reboot, even with maintaining some things like calendars some racial changes, no spell ranks, etc. I would be open to seeing wow reboot and go a different path from vanilla to see what they would have done differently.

so in conclusion:

1. Do legacy servers

2. Do an alternate wow reboot!

Oh definitely yes on the reboot.  I can't stand how the Alliance and Horde play nice.  WoW should be war or at least a very very uneasy peace.  And I know most people loved TBC but I didn't like blood elves being introduced to Horde.  Nowadays half the Horde population is BE.
    filmoret said:
    fodell54 said:
    filmoret said:

So you didn't notice it was started by some other person.  Sorry to hear that.  Then another dude said something about how wow was the best game and nothing came close.  Then I came in to help the poor guy realize how silly that statement is.  Because its really bad for someone to actually believe that.  I was just being friendly.  Because friends don't let friends play WOW.
    Nope. There is a reason you're wearing bars and it's not because you play nice. Next time stay on topic and people wouldn't be so negative towards you. You know.... Because friends don't let friends continually makes fools of themselves. 

People have different tastes then you. Deal with it.
  • rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    hmmm classic is classic (untouched)

bigger ignore lists etc because there will be so much whine from the cata+ noobs :D whaaaaagh vanila wow too hard i want free epix :(
  • WarzodWarzod Member RarePosts: 493
    I read somewhere that Blizz was talking to the Nost. people. Haven't had a chance to catch up. How did that go? Is this actually a possibility or are we all still just here hoping?
  • spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    edited June 2016
    Warzod said:
    I read somewhere that Blizz was talking to the Nost. people. Haven't had a chance to catch up. How did that go? Is this actually a possibility or are we all still just here hoping?
    There has been no official response as of yet. Personally, I'm waiting on Nost to give us some insight on how their meeting went, which will likely happen this week. 

edit: clarity
  • mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    If you want classic, play classic, other thing is not classic.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• AntiGangsterAntiGangster Member UncommonPosts: 3
    I would like the ability to transfer all of my level 60 toons without any of the BC and up gear. Just classic.

• rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    no transfering on 60 toons, your missing the point of classic servers in the first place, we dont want insta gratification  like you have now, you have to work  for it not  just get everything handed to you, 

People would just level on a normal ez mode server (live) and then transfer to the classic....

It took me ages to get 60 in vanilla and people will want to race to be the first 60 it took me about 4 months when i first started playing  i wanna try and do it it 2-3 weeks this time :dizzy: