Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Luck, accuracy, and more are RNG! PA is incompetent.

MyNameIsVMyNameIsV Member UncommonPosts: 58
So we all knew HP/MP per level were RNG.
Now we have confirmation that so are the hidden stats like luck and accuracy.

PA is literally retarded.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/90523-rng-on-other-stats-at-lv-up-confirmed-by-korea/

Comments

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    and this is a BAD THING ?
  • yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Yeah, not often I agree with the PVP'ers, but that is simply dumb as feck.

In fact, a lot of things to do with RNG in this game are dumb as feck and detrimental to the game.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    While I think that this is bad I wonder if it even matters anymore in comparison to all the client side hacking.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • VelifaxVelifax Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Rng is a perfectly legitimate mechanic with a long and venerable history. The recent trend to vilify it is subjective taste masquerading as "better design."

Like the genre, if you don't like this particular aspect, move on.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Velifax said:
    Rng is a perfectly legitimate mechanic with a long and venerable history. The recent trend to vilify it is subjective taste masquerading as "better design."

Like the genre, if you don't like this particular aspect, move on.
    Maybe the OP wants to feel like a tough guy in a video game because he has leet skillz.  RNG is great!
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384
    LOL
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    In this respect, they aren't incompetent.  They had to specifically design it to work this way.

I don't really think it's a great idea in a PVP-driven game, but I guess it fits their vision.
  • MyNameIsVMyNameIsV Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Bad.dog said:
    Yes. Why would I have 20% less HP than you through no fault of my own.... WHILE having less luck and getting less gear.
    DMKano said:
    This has been known for a while. In the big picture of issues with Black Desert this IMO is one of the minor ones at the bottom of the list.
    Really? People knew that accuracy and luck ere RNG?
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    MyNameIsV said:
    Bad.dog said:
    Yes. Why would I have 20% less HP than you through no fault of my own.... WHILE having less luck and getting less gear.
    DMKano said:
    This has been known for a while. In the big picture of issues with Black Desert this IMO is one of the minor ones at the bottom of the list.

Man up.  This retentive need to control everything is crazy.  How about just play the game.  IMO, they should hide all the numbers so people just play.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    waynejr2 said:
    MyNameIsV said:
    Bad.dog said:
    DMKano said:

Man up.  This retentive need to control everything is crazy.  How about just play the game.  IMO, they should hide all the numbers so people just play.
    Endgame is heavily focused on PVP. Having random stats that are hidden is beyond stupid. 
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

In fact, a lot of things to do with RNG in this game are dumb as feck and detrimental to the game.
    ^Not a fan of this myself.
    I already despised it back in the day when it was popular on single player RPGs... to have it in a competitive game is just... ugh...

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

I already despised it back in the day when it was popular on single player RPGs... to have it in a competitive game is just... ugh...
    Perhaps you don't realize MMORPGs are meant to be virtual worlds and not "competetive" team sport games?

In real life there will aways be someone more powerful than you. You learn to beat them anyways. Same thing here.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    just go play something else.  or go outside.  this thread discussion offers nothing of value.
  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    But what a joy from the encouraging altitis standpoint.

OCD minmaxers, spreadsheeting for every erg of theoretical oomph, are forced to go back and replay the same class again hoping for better RNG next time.

It's an OWPVP dream!
  • MyNameIsVMyNameIsV Member UncommonPosts: 58
    edited June 2016

OCD minmaxers, spreadsheeting for every erg of theoretical oomph, are forced to go back and replay the same class again hoping for better RNG next time.

It's an OWPVP dream!
    Lol, I never thought of it that way. If they unhide those stats, the character slot sales will go through the roof as people roll multiple characters and save their best rolls.
    It's not like getting 50 takes any time at all the second and or third time around.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Kyleran said:

Perhaps you don't realize MMORPGs are meant to be virtual worlds and not "competetive" team sport games?

In real life there will aways be someone more powerful than you. You learn to beat them anyways. Same thing here.
    This is so silly, I can't even put together a snarky enough comment to combat it. So i'll just leave this here:

http://crowfall.com/

Sheesh.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    edited June 2016

One simply has to understand the madness behind the mechanic.  The reason this type of game mechanic is implemented into games is to combat min-maxing thereby introducing a level of unpredictability into the game.

There are two schools of thought on this ...  

On the one hand we have the min-maxer type of player who simply sees an MMORPG as a "game" and wants to be in total control of their character, knowing exactly where they want to go and how they should go about accomplishing that goal of getting there, in an effort to become "the best."  

On the other hand we have the type of player who simply wants to enjoy the game from a real life simulated "role-playing" stand point understanding that life is not always fair and that sometimes in life we must deal with the advantages and/or disadvantages that are thrown our way and over which we have no control.

Neither game play preference is right  or wrong.  There are good arguments to be made for both game play preferences.  This is simply a matter of where your game play preferences lie within that spectrum.  Although I would have to side with the second group of players in this debate since MMORPGs, by their very nature, are "role-playing" games as evidenced by the RPG in their title.  Min-maxing is better suited for more competitive type gaming such as "FPS' and "MOBAs."

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    What does it add to the game though? It not being there doesn't effect either player type.

And what the f#%k player type goes around saying "Life isn't fair, I need my games to not be fair."
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited June 2016
    What does it add to the game though? It not being there doesn't effect either player type.

And what the f#%k player type goes around saying "Life isn't fair, I need my games to not be fair."

Edit:  Let me rephrase to make it simple ...

The answer to your question is rooted in the third paragraph of my above post.

It's a "role-playing" game.  Simulating "real life" is inherently integral to "role-playing."
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Kyleran said:

This is so silly, I can't even put together a snarky enough comment to combat it. So i'll just leave this here:

http://crowfall.com/

Sheesh.
    What's silly is trying to label that as a MMORPG.

Its not.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 135

It's a "role-playing" game.  Simulating "real life" is inherently integral to "role-playing."
    WTF real life aspect has to do with RNG stats on an equal lvl toon ??????
    Are you saying that if we both buy the same car but my car is outperforming yours you'll say "well it's real lifes RNG"?????? lulz man !!!!
    "Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. (Death)”
    ― Terry Pratchett,

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    People want to control everything all the time...
    edited June 2016
    erevus said:

WTF real life aspect has to do with RNG stats on an equal lvl toon ??????
    Are you saying that if we both buy the same car but my car is outperforming yours you'll say "well it's real lifes RNG"?????? lulz man !!!!

MMORPG is defined as a "massively multi-player online role playing game." 

That means that by their very nature MMORPGs are games that aspire to implement game play features that simulate a "real life" world experience.

This is about HP/MP/ACC and Luck in you, as a living character, in BDO.

Are you able to control the genes that you are randomly given at birth that are simulated in the above and are crucial in fleshing out your life skills, abilities and experience in real life?The keyed answer to that is no.

Are you able to control the RNG stats that you are randomly given in BDO that are simulated in the above and crucial in fleshing out your in game skills, abilities and experience in the game?  The keyed answer to that is no.

I can't make it much more clearer and simpler than that.
    Post edited by LacedOpium on
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    Honestly I have shelved this game for now.  Swg just pushed out publish 8 and it's as close to live as it gets now and things "work" so far I'm having fun reliving my adventures as a noob. There really isn't another game like it out there until SWG2 which is still a few years away. We should hear more about it this e3 or next.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    Rhoklaw said:

It's an OWPVP dream!
    I don't know of any gamer that enjoys that much hidden RNG. Basically your characters in BDO are all simply mysteries. A globule of chaos covered in a virtual coating of order.
    I'm not trying to be a smart ass but that is beautiful to me.

A globule of chaos covered in a virtual coating of order.

That statement describes to me the error we make in trying to order the world sometimes. It also screams verisimilitude to me. I imagine it is another way to make things less predictable in BDO or any game. 
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures