Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online - goes NOVA !

ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3060034/software/hands-on-ccps-project-nova-melds-fast-action-gunplay-with-eve-onlines-universe.html

The new EVE Online shooter named "Project Nova". Announced today. Ex-Legion. Ex-DUST 514. We will see.

Have fun

Comments

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
     Well from the writers stand point it seems to be shaping up to be a decent shooter. Dunno if I can get excited about it without some footage. Meh, we'll see I guess.

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Wonder how Project Nova will stack up against their earlier "Totally Bad Idea, Not Very Good, On Life Support From The Beginning, Project We Told You So CCP" FPS nobody liked?
    Dust was definitely crap as far as shooters are concerned. Looking back, they should not have even bothered and just put their resources into World of Darkness. Shit, I still have hopes that games will go back into production some day.

Bad shooter on only one platform = double fail imho. Lets see if they learn from their mistakes and go release on all gaming platforms. Though it is CCP so I'm sure they'll find someway to fuck it up.

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831
    Hopefully more will be shown at Eve Vegas. 
  • VelifaxVelifax Member UncommonPosts: 413
    While i missed Dust, never had a ps3, i watch lots of gameplay of it. Id have preferred it over even Halo, which is significant. I need depth and tactics in an fps, not just mindlesss twitch. The videos I've seen and descriptions I've heard take it farther from Dust and closer to Call of Duty, sounding a death knell to me.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    edited June 2016
    They'd be raking it in if they'd give us an EVE Online with Valkyrie's combat instead of a fairly brain-dead, nearly skill-free clickfest. 

But nope, they're going to continue to waste their time with generic crap like this, further proving that EVE's modest success is a complete fluke. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    They'd be raking it in if they'd give us an EVE Online with Valkyrie's combat instead of a fairly brain-dead, nearly skill-free clickfest. 
    That is one opinion. Personally, i think it would kill the game. For me reaction based twitch skill combat is a no go. I am over 40 and have the reactions of a disabled snail, on the other hand the brain skill combat of EVE is just my cup. And yeah, I will argue any day that the combat in EVE is in no way or form brain dead. Quite the opposite actually...
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    I prefer the tactical and strategic type of combat in EVE compared to the equivalent of FPS type  "bunny hopping" twitch style combat. Battleships with thousands of crewmen do not behave like WW-I biplanes.

Have fun
  • krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589

But nope, they're going to continue to waste their time with generic crap like this, further proving that EVE's modest success is a complete fluke. 
    Skill free clickfest, I can say alot of things for and againest Eve, but skill free isnt one of them, unless Hi-sec was your constant home, not saying that as a slur againest you, spent 4 years in Hi-sec mining, grinding PVE and running a corp.

And it has often been said on these forums reference to Eve a 100 if not a thousand times, Eve the skill game is being in a corp and in null, it is the whole real point of Eve, sure it was fun running a corp in hi-sec, but it was nothing compared to what I experienced once I was dragged out of my comfort zone.

I have not logged in for a few months as the lastest expansion pissed me off no end again as have the last few, so I am not championing the game by any means.

But 2 people with equal skills and equipment in your eyes would slog it out and a narrow win would be achieved by almost a random factor in a 10 bout fight, nothing and I mean NOTHING could be further from the truth.

• OntblodOntblod Member UncommonPosts: 195
     Looking back, they should not have even bothered and just put their resources into World of Darkness. Shit, I still have hopes that games will go back into production some day.

And it will....
    http://www.pcgamer.com/paradox-buys-white-wolf-world-of-darkness-vampire-the-masquerade-from-ccp/

• SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    Erillion said:
    I prefer the tactical and strategic type of combat in EVE compared to the equivalent of FPS type  "bunny hopping" twitch style combat. Battleships with thousands of crewmen do not behave like WW-I biplanes.

Have fun
    Eve's Battleships are operated by one crewman: the capsuleer.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    Eve's Battleships are operated by one crewman: the capsuleer.
    You should read up on your EVE history.

Yes, the captain of a battleship is a capsuleer. But each battleship still require thousands of crewmen ... and yes, they all die usually when the ship dies (unless a Sisters of EVE rescue ship is nearby to pick up the lifepods). While the "immortal" capsuleer survives in his next clone.

Source:  EvE novels, EVE homepage fluff text, EVE official videos.

As a start, look here :
    https://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=1243933
    and the sources mentioned there.

Small ships like interceptors have only one capsuleer pilot, but those are the exceptions to the rule.

Have fun

• Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Let the Overwatch clones begin .. NOW! :D 
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    except EVE it ll finished as any other ccp games ; canceled,shootdown or simple failed