Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 Hour in - My thoughts

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Void425Void425 Member UncommonPosts: 170
    I can not stand the movement in classic mode.  You can not turn easily like the OP says.

I also can not play the game in there action mode because its not really cursor focused like a true action game.  If you not focused on the target when you hit your key the first time your character does a 180 and goes towards your last target.  I also could not target other objects with the crosshair, like in the tutorial, to destoroy the crystal once I had the boss on my target.  I had to actulaly turn off action mode to complete.

If the movement and targeting was not so bad in both modes I would have gladly bought the biggest package and played this game for a while.  However, as it is now...I believe its unplayable.
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    another bug bear, ive completly given up with this game, it seems you cannot uninstall the game, this is simply poor

i have  / am trying to redownload the whole game, 

my god does it get worse lol :-1: 

the fact that the game doesn't sit in your add/remove programs i can forgive, assuming you then have 'uninstall.exe' in the game folder, but no thats too easy.

So although the game is on the pc, and i have pointed the downloader at the same folder it is now downloading the whole game again.

But this has been reported on the forums and the general response is "delete the folder" game uninstalled...

*sigh*

Yes you can uninstall the launcher, but dont think for one minute thats the game removed.... CCCleaner to rescue i can feel..

once this has installed (again) i will see if the option within the launcher to uninstall exists. 

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    edited June 2016
    i played it for about 45 mins i got lvl 6 on priest  i just cba to play it, its same old boring crap, the combat seems sluggish  to me  or i dunno just seems meh....

i wasnt expecting it to be good so im not dissapointed  im going to uninstall now anyway]

here is some beta keys

YECNZR6YLM36QVF6

YN4DE2X3FHZRF7AS

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ZorrkhaarZorrkhaar Member UncommonPosts: 5
    The only thing, that this BDO garbage is doin better , is the graphic. In Riders of Icarus the healer has a great arsenal of spells, that have, regarding the target, either healing or damaging impact. I really like that. The mounted combat is interesting too...
    ok, that chars in BDO and Riders of Icarus are both ugly as hell, but the Asians can not design beautiful ones.
    Nevertheless the game is fun to play, if you keep in mind, that it is an asian one. On my side there are no slow animations during combat.
  • healboothealboot Member UncommonPosts: 103
    tried to like it just to mundane nothing to see here move along
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    edited June 2016
    ive played this game up to lvl 60 in a privat server. Also joined nexon cb 1 before. This is my conclusion:

-Absolute hardcore p2w with cash shop buffs for every single stat, absoluetley everything
    -dull mindnumbing dailys at lvl 40/50/60
    -dull combat system
    -dull npcs
    -dull bosses
    -dull endgame wich focuses around cash shop
    -recycled mobs in every freaking new area just with different colour and more hp
    -has incoming pedo child teeny class with teddybear in korea (!!)
    -dull soundtrack
    -dull taming system

2/10.
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    Quazal.A said:
    another bug bear, ive completly given up with this game, it seems you cannot uninstall the game, this is simply poor

i have  / am trying to redownload the whole game, 

my god does it get worse lol :-1: 

the fact that the game doesn't sit in your add/remove programs i can forgive, assuming you then have 'uninstall.exe' in the game folder, but no thats too easy.

So although the game is on the pc, and i have pointed the downloader at the same folder it is now downloading the whole game again.

But this has been reported on the forums and the general response is "delete the folder" game uninstalled...

*sigh*

Yes you can uninstall the launcher, but dont think for one minute thats the game removed.... CCCleaner to rescue i can feel..

once this has installed (again) i will see if the option within the launcher to uninstall exists. 
    The uninstall option is part of the launcher. Click the gear icon (game settings) and click uninstall.
    Aye thats fine if you know this ahead of time, but having worked / played with pcs for close to 30years there was no inkling that this was the case.

As i said had to re-install the launcher which then refused to recognize my game folder, so had to re-download the game, which then didn't' uninstall (even using the launcher) merely deleted something (gawd knows what) it took under 3 secs to uninstall a so-called 8.5gb game??

But, if i can use steam as an EG of a launcher / game  when you uninstall steam it leaves the uninstaller for the game in the program / add remove, this doesn't

I suggest peeps dont make the same mistake i did and uninstall the launcher, this makes uninstall a mess....

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• NightliteNightlite Member UncommonPosts: 227
    With Dragon 3 day mount, re-rolling a sorcer, and some basic experience. I am definitely enjoying the play 1 hour in.
  • KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Katilla....WTH was with that post?
    No idea wtf happened there, but it was hilarious when I saw it.  Also it's funny when I reply to somebody and they get so agitated that they look at my entire post history before typing a response, just so they can respond with "As your history shows". 
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    I used the Nexon Launcher itself to uninstall. I noticed it when I first installed Nexon each game can be uninstalled from the launcher itself. In fact when you try to uninstall Nexon it says clearly that the games will remain in your computer. 

I guess when you have a launcher that can launch a few games this is the best option. It is always best to check the internet or check the launcher of games to see if there are options. Anyone who has played games and especially online games should be knowledgeable enough to figure these things out failing which check the internet before deleting anything.

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    Stopped reading at no mouse turn.
  • MagikrorriMMagikrorriM Member UncommonPosts: 223
    I wonder if you ever got out of the beginning zone. Ok thing that lacks the most in this game is the information on it. I got to level 20 and I looked into Icarus online videos (the name of the game in Korea.). Between playing the beta and videos on the game, here's what an hour into the game doesn't give you.

It is important that you pay attention to the tutorials and tips in the game, because as you level the game gets harder. Knowing how to play your class is make or break in this game fail to know your combos and the game will hand your ass to you. 

The game is mount centric, more than you realize. Not only do you tame mounts to ride, you can change them into pets. Mounts come with different buffs, these buffs carry over to pets, and guess what these buffs stack, watch this video, they cycle through pet buffs.

The other part is turning mounts into seals, the seals are used for enhancing your gear and to buy abilities points in a talent tree you get at level 20.

Leveling tiers in gear is in some ways like BDO, the rng is pretty harsh, but each increase is fairly significant. I would focus increasing your weapon and wait on armor sets before increasing armor, you do get alot of armor upgrades while leveling.

The leveling is much like vanilla wow, it is slow however if you group up it would go faster, but then you miss out on important mounts (which is actually why leveling is slower) . It is not recommended you try and rush through you will regret it, your pet buffs, your gear, the mounts you will be capable of taming, will all suffer. Elite mounts require special items to tame, these items are either given to you through a quest or you have to make them.

Dungeons in this game are very well designed, the Tower of Challenge video I posted above, is a ranked and timed dungeon, in which the top ranked players get weekly and monthly rewards( at least this is what I was told about this particular dungeon) . You have many levels of difficulty in most dungeons, and hard in this game is hard. There is no face rolling beyond story mode.

Mounted combat exists in both PVE and PVP. These guys (in the video) are level 30 and in the PVP zone kind of reminds me of Archeage, in that respect. 

They are fighting over a mount. 

Now the combat, it does give you a choice between standard and action, the reason behind the soft lock on tab target was it was impossible to tame a mount without having to target it. From what I have heard from players it's good for aerial mounted combat. It is nearly seamless to go from mount to foot to flying, it;s only a 1 second cd, changing mounts is a necessity due to mounts loosing energy, changing mounts mid air is pretty common.

So I thought I would touch base with the game a little more than what an hour of the game will give you. If you love collecting mounts you will absolutely love this game. If you liked to be challenged, you will like this game, if you like to be entertained you will like this game. I hope that I have shed some light on the game I wish the company would expand on what's in the game, because as themeparks go it does have a lot to offer.

Riders see you in game!

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    I am enjoying the game but tbh might not so much if I was on nexon servers....

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
    DMKano said:
    It's worth mentioning that Icarus has been in Korea for years and is much older than BDO. So keep that in mind this predates BDO by a couple of years when making comparisons.
    Also keep in mind BDO may be the best MMO ever made, so keep that in mind when making comparisons, too.

Haha not even close.

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

• yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240
    I have long history with Nexon/Atlantica Online and I know in depth what Nexon is like, so this game would have to be exceptional for me to touch it with somebody else's bargepole.

Turns out it was crud, like wading thru treacle. I stopped playing and Nexon threw me a bone, a free founders pack. Didn't even bother to claim it.

That how bad this game is.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Easy to judge these games.  Made by Nexon.  Pass.