Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

People who have played, how is it?

Comments

• BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
    edited December 2015
    Watching people play bores me to tears, and people testing it all complain about it being over simplified (from combat, to ui, to maps, to graphics, to depth). I keep watching this game because I want it to end up special... or at least decent. I think it may be time for me to give up on that.
  • ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    There are big changes coming to the CBT in January. They mentioned the CBT may even be extended they are so big. This should be one to lookout for.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• StarplanStarplan Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Thanks for sharing, very interested
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    I just purchased my fourth Legendary Founder account so I guess I'm loving the game.

The only thing I'm not crazy about with this game is to get to the higher skill tiers in a reasonable amount of time, you need alts. You need to specialize pretty narrowly on a character, hence my four accounts.  ;)

• stio89stio89 Member UncommonPosts: 85
    I just purchased my fourth Legendary Founder account so I guess I'm loving the game.
    They seen you coming from a mile away.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    stio89 said:
    They seen you coming from a mile away.
    This reminds me of Anarchy Online.

The original idea was to.............group.
  • GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    Game became just an exponential increase in repetitiveness.

Do something 1 time to improve.
    Do something 2 times to improve.
    Do something 4 times to improve.
    Do something 8 times to improve.
    Do something 16 times to improve.
    Do something 32 times to improve.
    Do something 64 times to improve.
    Do something 128 times to improve.

Eventually I burnt out with boredom.
  • GreekaGreeka Member UncommonPosts: 29
    I had the good fortune to win one of the packs that mmorpg gave away and I have played the game a couple of times.  As such I ended up getting killed and lost my characters starting gear which was pretty good from the pack I got, but am hoping to get it back when they perform a server wipe at some point in the future.  As I finally started to grasp some of the mechanics of the game and advance through the skill based system things became a little easier.  However be careful when soloing due to the spawn rates of some of the creatures being a little funky and you can get overwhelmed fast.  Especially when people are racing by on mounts and dropping their aggro on you.

As many people have said the game is very grind oriented which just happens to be a large part of skill based games.  I do not have a real issue with the point and click to move, but the over all graphics are relatively low and does not require a really powerful PC in my opinion.  My computer is nearly 11 years old and I have no issues with everything on max settings.  Right now I do not think the game is worth investing money in, however I am hoping to see things improve.  I have not had a chance to test grouping or pvp, but will see after the January update.
    stio89 said:
    I have a gaming laptop and I bought it thinking the game would be optimized because its on tablets etc but then I found out the game runs like poop (10 - 150fps) also heard that people with expensive high end tablets get like 10fps on the lowest settings.
    Wow, it plays flawlessly on my MacBook Pro, which isn't even designed for gaming. You must have a shite computer.

gg on that Acer $99 special you got at Best Buy. I hear they put i486s in 'em these days. lulz

GeezerGamer said:

The original idea was to.............group.
    That is the idea. I have twelve characters, eight in our primary guild each doing various functions, four infiltrating other guilds.

stio89 said:
    I have a gaming laptop and I bought it thinking the game would be optimized because its on tablets etc but then I found out the game runs like poop (10 - 150fps) also heard that people with expensive high end tablets get like 10fps on the lowest settings.
    Wow, it plays flawlessly on my MacBook Pro, which isn't even designed for gaming. You must have a shite computer.

gg on that Acer $99 special you got at Best Buy. I hear they put i486s in 'em these days. lulz
    It's a Samsung NP550P5C that I bought in late 2012 for £800 ($1200) from Amazon, The Specs are:

Intel i7 3610QM 3.3ghz
    Nvidia GT 650m 2gb
    8gb ram
    It came with a 1tb hard drive which I upgraded to a 256gb ssd which cost me about £200 at the time.

What are the specs/year of your macbook. what graphics settings do you use ingame? What fps do you get?
    @postlarval forth legendary pack, Do you have 'sucker' tattooed on your forehead lol.
    stio89 said:

It's a Samsung NP550P5C that I bought in late 2012 for £800 ($1200) from Amazon, The Specs are:

Intel i7 3610QM 3.3ghz
    Nvidia GT 650m 2gb
    8gb ram
    It came with a 1tb hard drive which I upgraded to a 256gb ssd which cost me about £200 at the time.

What are the specs/year of your macbook. what graphics settings do you use ingame? What fps do you get?
    Mid 2014 with a i7, 750M, 16gb RAM, and SSD. 

I don't know how much it's capable of getting in FPS, because it's capped at 60, which is what I consistently get.  

Also to get Retina beauty, you to need to run at the Retina resolution, which is 1440x900. Game looks gorgeous and plays smoothly.

stio89 said:
    @postlarval forth legendary pack, Do you have 'sucker' tattooed on your forehead lol.
    Derp.

It's called supporting a game you believe in. Besides, it's only $400. I waste more than that every week on lunches, drinks, etc.

postlarval said:
    Mid 2014 with a i7, 750M, 16gb RAM, and SSD. 

I don't know how much it's capable of getting in FPS, because it's capped at 60, which is what I consistently get.  

Also to get Retina beauty, you to need to run at the Retina resolution, which is 1440x900. Game looks gorgeous and plays smoothly.
    Your specs are more or less the same as mine, 750m is marginally better than 650m. Strange how you get a constant 60fps, Either your lying or the game is optimized way better on mac than windows which is odd because normally its the other way around, I noticed you didn't include what settings you use, Shadows on or Off?

Also $400 a week on lunches, Wow you must be really fat.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Funny how this thread started off as "everything is just great!"  then it became  "meh" I keep looking at this game thinking maybe it would be fun to jump in early, but keep coming to the conclusion after I read a bit more that I would be disappointed since other folks have issues I know I would see as issues.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    edited May 2016
    I bought into this on a whim, and I regret it. So far, it's universally terrible as a PC MMORPG. Maybe if it had been 5-10$ and Tablet-exclusive - it might be worthwhile.

Imagine UO with all the depth and complexity removed and a bad cartoon skin slapped on - in a terrible engine - and that's Albion Online.

Maybe it'll change before release, but I sincerely doubt that.
  • MudfinMudfin Member UncommonPosts: 19
    If you are not interested in PvP (especially risk PvP where you are lootable on death), group play or crafting then you probably won't like this game.

If you like the above, then come join the fun.  And yes it is fun.  But, of course that is a subjective statement.  The Developers have listened on a number of fronts to the player base ( a good thing) and on a number of issues they stick to their plans (also a good thing).

Beta 2 is starting in July.  Right now that is proposed as the last beta before release.  They are changing and adding  a number of things.  Best to check out the Albion Online forums for that info.

The only counter I'd like to make is to those who think it's grindy.  It's no more grindy then other MMORPGs out.  Apparently those who feel that way don't like how the grind is presented in Albion.  Fair enough, but that doesn't mean the game has some sort of new insane grind from other games.  It's just done in a way that isn't fun for YOU.  It is fun for me and many others.  So, as for the grind, to each their own.

If you're curious purchase the Veteran pack ($29) in July when Beta 2 starts.  They will be doing a wipe then and everyone will be starting fresh.

Oh, in fairness to the naysayers, the optimization does seem bad at times.  Hopefully that is due to beta code or beta monitoring running in the background.  Because there really is no reason this can't be played on a less than stellar rig.
  • pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396
    edited June 2016
    Phry said:
    looks like a retro game tbh, click to move, virtually no character customisation, years ago it might have competed with UO as was, then again, maybe it wouldn't have, but Click to move, that is so last century, its almost like living the 90's again. image
    the worst feature of all mmo's games its tab targeting, point and click its as nice as wasd feature, different but if the game is fun to play who cares. I think this game seems extremely addictive .
  • Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 211
    Reading all of the above, the game sounds pretty crap.
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    Kane72 said:
    Reading all of the above, the game sounds pretty crap.
    It's way beyond crap, honestly.

It's a travesty.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Lukooone said:
    Originally posted by Phry
    looks like a retro game tbh, click to move, virtually no character customisation, years ago it might have competed with UO as was, then again, maybe it wouldn't have, but Click to move, that is so last century, its almost like living the 90's again. image

70 Million of League of Legends players are thinking :

"What the hell is this guy talking about...?"

an mmo and LoL are two different things.  What's acceptable in one, isn't necessarily acceptable in another.

I self identify as a monkey.

• AshestoAshes420AshestoAshes420 Member UncommonPosts: 17
    edited June 2016
    I played it with a small competitive guild and we were able to hold a good amount of territories because of the 5v5 mechanics. This alone makes this game a gem because you dont need a big guild to accomplish stuff.

The crafting system can be done solo up to the higher tier stuff but then requires a group of 5 peoppe to get certain mats. Though if you craft the lower tier stuff and sell on the AH you ahould beable to afford the top tier stuff. I am not really a crafter but i will be crafting in this game just so i can. 

The open world pvp is alot of fun, reminds me of UO a bit with how team fights move back and forth. With the next wipe things will change with whats worth fighting over so there will be alot of people exploring. If your a crafter and dont want to fight its totally possible to escape every fight, you just gotta be smart.

The game itself runs very smooth on the computer, the six months I played it I never ran into an issue. I even played it on my phone and that ran smooth as well. Granted I wouldnt pvp on the phone but crafting, gathering, and AH manipulation was great from my toilet.

Its a great game and totally worth the 60 bucks. This is my humble opinion!
    Here is probably the biggest fight I was in.

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    It is very sandboxish. You can play it casual, you can play it hardcore. It tries to please every playstyle but thesandbox elements are always the maingoal. So its about freedome, you cant pass that area ? Well try to find another solution. 

The true multiplattform ability is very underastimated and not seen by many. you play serious on your PC, when you are on the sofa you harvest using your phone or tablet, or easy PvE farming. 

This is so great.

If you look for an immersive world with oldschool gameplay try it out. Its also not one of those shitty asia pay to win games like Arch Age or others.

Buy a founders pack and try yourself:

https://albiononline.com/de?ref=4YR6C46K71

Cheapest is $30 or 27€....and it is not one of those early access games that are bug infested left and right. You can actually play it.

New Beta with new build starts August. The current beta is still running.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Lukooone said:
    Originally posted by Phry

70 Million of League of Legends players are thinking :

"What the hell is this guy talking about...?"

Quantity ain't quality.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

This discussion has been closed.