Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HoT: How do you like me now?

2»

Comments

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599
    The masteries/elite specs are solid. But I guess I'm one of the few that think technically it's brilliant. I get that some don't like the twists and jumping style atmosphere, but to make open world not a massive zerg these multilevel maps are required so you can't see for miles where the zerg is and all safely run and face roll  content, you just burn right through it. This really is a step up difficulty wise and imo it should be the most difficult, there is plenty of land events in game that you can faceroll if that is your thing. The massive xp/loot bump from this past week does nothing but help wanting to go in.
  • simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

i played some HoT after the massive nerf

the visuals are stunning, the music is beautiful

everything else makes me want to scream with anger, and find another game

the core game, and my characters are the only things, that is holding me back

who thought , that it was a good idea, to piss off a paying customer at every chance?

• ImpmonImpmon Member UncommonPosts: 81
    The only people who like HOT are completionists willing to waste months of their time to get every stupid little mastery you can.  They think they're unique and beautiful snowflakes with sparkling cosmetic wings and glowing swords.

The expansion is just a big grind fest and nothing more.  I regret purchasing it.

Now the majority of players have moved on from the initial expansion zones most of the content is unplayable.  You can't do any of the hero points.  You can't do any of the champions.  The entire place is zerged with stupid mordrem and tentacles.

The elite specializations are a joke.  Give the class a weapon it can't normally use & then give them other class abilities... change the graphics and names !  Charge 40 bucks.  

saying goodbye to tyria was surprisingly painful

i really hope, that they know, what theyre doing over there

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    Frankly, I never got to the HoT part, even though I bought it.

GW2 is a very strange experience for me, as I've gone back and given it another chance more than any other game in memory.

No matter what, though, I come away despising the core design. I like lots of things about it, but the core design is simply a terrible, terrible game.

To me, that is.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Got my elites and that's that.  If you like 3D mazes then enjoy.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    I bought the expansion, but I am no longer playing it. It really didn't deliver IMO. I don't regret the purchase, I still feel like I can go back if I want, but that's the thing, right now, I just don't want to.

its a damn shame, but when progression gets too slow and annoying, its time to find greener pastures

when i do content like this in other games, i will get a new upgrade every hour or so

here it may just unlock a part of the map.

lets see how it works out for them

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    I've been playing recently, but still not sure how I feel about it. There is a lot I like about GW2, but the new maps can be frustrating to explore, especially when there aren't many people around. Events are fun when it's crowded.

It's like Warhammer Online in that way. The public quests were a great time till the population dropped off.

The masteries/elite specs are solid. But I guess I'm one of the few that think technically it's brilliant. I get that some don't like the twists and jumping style atmosphere, but to make open world not a massive zerg these multilevel maps are required so you can't see for miles where the zerg is and all safely run and face roll  content, you just burn right through it. This really is a step up difficulty wise and imo it should be the most difficult, there is plenty of land events in game that you can faceroll if that is your thing. The massive xp/loot bump from this past week does nothing but help wanting to go in.

weve been playing the same zones for 3 years, new casual zones could have turned the tide

the loot increase has introduced the worst powercreep in the game, and they will end up with a smaller, even more divided playerbase( most of which is F2P now)

they had the keys to a pretty successful business, and they blew it

i will prolly miss tyria til the day i die, but knowing whats waiting for me , if i reinstall...no thanx

mordy wins this one, and i wont stop him from taking a stab at the rest of tyria

• FindarielFindariel Member UncommonPosts: 222
    DKLond said: Frankly, I never got to the HoT part, even though I bought it. GW2 is a very strange experience for me, as I've gone back and given it another chance more than any other game in memory.

No matter what, though, I come away despising the core design. I like lots of things about it, but the core design is simply a terrible, terrible game. To me, that is.
    In a way, it is, but not all of it. The thing I really dislike are the world events and 50 people all DPSsing bosses for loot. All the mechanical stuff that doesn't require any skill and present no challenge whatsoever. I dislike the heaps and heaps of useless drops. The fact that you can just run away from every monster.

Ans sometimes I really miss GW1. It definitely had its merits over GW2.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Bought it, finished towards its story content and that's about it.

I had already stop playing GW2 before the expansion and only sometimes i pop in, HOT wasn't able to captivate me to keep playing it, it's unfortunate. :anguished:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    There is definitely some things they could have done better.  Basic things too like UI customization.  And there's some things they did very well.  Like world events and WVW, bunch of other stuff.
    Are you onto something or just on something?