Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which MMORPG??

comitroncomitron Member UncommonPosts: 37
I've played all of the old school mmorpg's.. Everquest, Ultima Online, Asherons call etc.. Even played EQII, DAOC, little WOW, AOC, Tera.. i think were in the next generation now with Archeage, ESO, Bland & Soul, Black Desert.. there are so many new ones out i don't know which deserves my time/money.What are you playing now and what are you looking forward to in the near (1 year future) ?

Comments

• loghorizon01loghorizon01 Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Guild Wars 2 is generally what I recommend. Great game, decent price, expansion came out recently, active community. That, or FFXIV. IMO, those two are currently the top tier MMOs.
    Blogging here a little bit: http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/loghorizon01
  • comitroncomitron Member UncommonPosts: 37
    DMKano said:
    Hmm depends on what you are looking for - it totally depends on your likes dislikes.

I don't see what relevance my likes/dislikes would have for you - without knowing what you are looking for.

I could list the dozen+ games I play, but I dont see how that would help you honestly.

yeah, just generically tired of the korean influx of games lately, looking to play a newer game, thinking of going back o ESO.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited May 2016
    BDO is the only one to me that has a chance at longevity.  ESO could be good, I guess, if you could stand the combat system (I couldn't).  Not sure really what's going on with it, but they seem to update it regularly and people that like it seem to be fairly content.

BnS unfortunately went full-on p2w after only a couple months here.  Game itself is lots of fun imo, but between the p2w and blatant botting/hacking in Arena without any communication about it from NcSoft, it's too much.

Funny thing is I saw someone on BnS reddit today posted a datmine with a line in the code like "<anti-botting-measures-Arena = false">.  Like they aren't flicking a switch or something.  Pretty funny, but one thing's for sure, they are doing nothing and saying nothing.

Archeage had a lot of problems with exploiting/hacking and it's pretty p2w.  Haven't played it in a really long time but the ship is mostly sailed it seems for most people, which is understandable given how poorly Trion handled the first 6 months or so.

I think there's a really good chance I'll still be playing BDO in a year.  A lot of it depends on how the release of sieges go and how they handle the problems with hacking.

• comitroncomitron Member UncommonPosts: 37
    BDO is the only one to me that has a chance at longevity.  ESO could be good, I guess, if you could stand the combat system (I couldn't).  Not sure really what's going on with it, but they seem to update it regularly and people that like it seem to be fairly content.

BnS unfortunately went full-on p2w after only a couple months here.  Game itself is lots of fun imo, but between the p2w and blatant botting/hacking in Arena without any communication about it from NcSoft, it's too much.

Funny thing is I saw someone on BnS reddit today posted a datmine with a line in the code like "<anti-botting-measures-Arena = false".  Like they aren't flicking a switch or something.  Pretty funny, but one thing's for sure, they are doing nothing and saying nothing.

Archeage had a lot of problems with exploiting/hacking and it's pretty p2w.  Haven't played it in a really long time but the ship is mostly sailed it seems for most people, which is understandable given how poorly Trion handled the first 6 months or so.
    yep, agree with everything you said here. Only thing with  BDO is that the combat just seems like zerg 2.0. i feel like  a lot of the games are going that way unfortunately. Everything is spam as much dps as possible and hope you did more than the oponent (pve or pve)
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    comitron said:

Funny thing is I saw someone on BnS reddit today posted a datmine with a line in the code like "<anti-botting-measures-Arena = false".  Like they aren't flicking a switch or something.  Pretty funny, but one thing's for sure, they are doing nothing and saying nothing.

yep, agree with everything you said here. Only thing with  BDO is that the combat just seems like zerg 2.0. i feel like  a lot of the games are going that way unfortunately. Everything is spam as much dps as possible and hope you did more than the oponent (pve or pve)
    Well, I can't say for sure because I haven't pvp'ed yet, but every class does have i-frames and dodging and some have blocking.  Any action-combat MMO is going to have more interesting combat because of dodging.

PVE is pretty good.  It's ridiculously easy- everyone just kind of mows down giant groups of monsters, but the way cooldowns work is pretty cool and again, you can dodge.  Also you if you like a challenge just group up more mobs or harder ones.

Apparently world bosses are a total nightmare, but I haven't gotten to those yet either.

Looking most forward to seiges, even though I probably won't be participating in them right away, but there seems to be lots of interesting stuff for them.

Riding on an Elephant trampling people alone would be pretty badass, imo.
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    comitron said:
    DMKano said:
    Hmm depends on what you are looking for - it totally depends on your likes dislikes.

I don't see what relevance my likes/dislikes would have for you - without knowing what you are looking for.

I could list the dozen+ games I play, but I dont see how that would help you honestly.

yeah, just generically tired of the korean influx of games lately, looking to play a newer game, thinking of going back o ESO.
    Definitely go back to ESO. The game is hugely successful even 2 years after launch and just gets better with every update. They fix things, improve upon things, and add constant content updates. The recent Dark Brotherhood update also brought the removal of VR ranks and the addition of nameplates which have both been great for me.

The combat is fun, the game designed well for all types of players - no shitty Korean grind like those other games, gear is not hard to get at endgame and there's a ton of content no matter what your playstyle. The community is great and the payment model the best out there (not P2W at all, B2P and if you want, pay for content or a sub with nice benefits). 

ESO has proven that they'll be a top game for years to come. As for future updates, we know PvP battlegrounds/arenas are coming along with housing, so there's plenty to look forward to.