Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A simple question

RjdgRjdg Member Posts: 37
If I buy both the 'city of...' games and use the upgrade version to play both for one payment, will I then get 2 months of free play (one fron coh and one from cov) or one for the first game I activate?

Cheers

Comments

• deggilatordeggilator Member Posts: 520

Originally posted by Rjdg
    If I buy both the 'city of...' games and use the upgrade version to play both for one payment, will I then get 2 months of free play (one fron coh and one from cov) or one for the first game I activate?Cheers

I had purchased CoH when it first came out, but soon cancelled my subscription. Now that I bought CoV, I upgraded the account using CoV's CD key and the free month was included.

From the official FAQ:
    "
    If I already have City of Heroes or want to reactivate my City of Heroes account, will I still get the first month of included time when I purchase City of Villains?

Yes, the included time from your City of Villains purchase can be applied when reactivating your existing City of Heroes account as long as you use the UPGRADE button to apply the City of Villains serial code. "

Currently playing:
    * City of Heroes: Deggial, Assault Rifle/Devices Blaster. Server: Defiant.
    * City of Villains: Snakeroot, Plant/Thorns Dominator. Server: Defiant.

• RjdgRjdg Member Posts: 37
    Yes I know that, but my question was will it stack. I.E. will I get 2 months game time if I buy both games at the same time?

• QwirkQwirk Member Posts: 136

I will say outright that I don't know.

However, based on the difficulties PlayNC account management has had with AA beta, preorder, and 24/7 beta keys stacking -- I'm guessing the odds are against you.

The Safest thing to do is register one key, play one alone for its free month, then reg the second key.
    You'd then get two straight months free -- as long as you're willing to restrict yourself to one side of the conflict for a month.

My inclination would be to reg the CoV key (can start playing with bases and all) and then the CoH key.

From a legal standpoint it should, phone support will fix it if it doesn't.
    (Even with the free months it will still show a billing date of one month away, even if it stacks.
    Would only know for sure that it didn't stack when your card gets charged erroneously, after only one month free.)

As always the only way to get a guaranteed correct answer is to contact them
    (1-512-225-6359
    Mon-Sat 1pm to 9pm Central
    or [email protected] ), but I hope this helped at least a little.

• ursacorursacor Member UncommonPosts: 102
    I would advise contacting Nsoft billing via coh/v website and asking them. But coming from someone that had both of them. I can say no they don't. But it's always better to get the info from the horses mouth than from the other end.

Thanks alot for the response guys, I bought the deluxe edition of CoH two days ago at a game discount and will buy the collector's of CoV when I get my paycheck next month.

Nonetheless I will sort things out with NCsoft, doing it via mail since I live all the way in Holland (think of the phone bill!).

Anyhoo, I got another question:

Where or when can I apply/see the special items that the deluxe box gives me. On my first two characters (wich I've deleted) appered the message 'obtained V.I.P. badge' but I didn't see it nor did I get the message on my new character. And I heard something about a cape you get when hitting level 20? How does this work?

Cheers

• warfarinwarfarin Member Posts: 60

You should get the VIP badge every time you log ina new character on that account

You should have an "extra" power slide power on your power tab that you can use instead of spint for every character too.

At 20 you get a mission to get a cape like every other hero.  In your choices of capes you will have one that other dont (at least those that dont hav ethe speical edition).  I think it is just one type of cape.

This will also give you a special badge in City of Villains too when you log in.

---MMO EXPERIENCE:---
    WoW - 06-2006 to current
    COV - 40 Corruptor - 10-2005 to 04-2006
    COH - 50 Scrapper - 04-2004 to 04-2006
    EQ2 - 35 Barb Berserker - 12-2004 to 04-2005
    EQ1 - 55 Barb Warrior - 2000, 2001
    Tried: DaoC, DDO, Auto Assault, SWG, Lineage II

• oh~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, thanks for the info.
    Could you please tell me what the badge looks like, cause I don't seem to have seen it yet.

• QwirkQwirk Member Posts: 136

In your nav bar (at the top-center of the screen, with the compass) is a series of window links (map, chat, etc) Far right is Badges.

This opens a window showing all the badges you've earned.
    VIP is considered an "Accolade" type badge

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by iamamomao
    aha~

btw.....spamming one word replies will actually hurt your forum standing and score than raising it.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• WeijyanWeijyan Member Posts: 48
    If you register both games at the same time, you lose the second free month.  If you register 1 game, play the free month, then upgrade with the second game, you will get both free months.

http://wuyausu.com
    Who stopped payment on my reality check?