Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ascension Rises Today on Live Servers

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageAscension Rises Today on Live Servers

Ascension is coming to ArcheAge on May 31st, and that's a pretty big deal. Why? Well not only is it adding the much-anticipated Player Nation System, but it's adding a whole slew of new features as well. The Castle Upgrade system is coming, Obsidian Tier 7 Weapons and Armor are being added, the Mistsong Summit is getting a new boss and a difficulty tuning, combat skills are getting an overhaul, there's a new equipment encyclopedia, and a whole lot more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Is this game still extremely P2W ?
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Depends on your point of view.

For me yes.

• AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    As long as Trion's involved with it the answer never changes.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

you can forget about archeage, teh devs and trion did all the possible to cut the fun out of it, hope then bless will do right if not wait for teh next one to "try"
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • AeolynAeolyn Member UncommonPosts: 350
    With all this new stuff, I noted that once again a mmorpg seems to have forgotten to include things to attract new players to join in. Sure, having lots of endgame content is great for those who have been playing for the last year and a half but much of it is just widening the gap and making new players even less likely to want to jump in. Not everyone wants to start a game and have some guild bump them to endgame, at least imo not those who typically want to play and live in a virtual world.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

Aeolyn said:

With all this new stuff, I noted that once again a mmorpg seems to have forgotten to include things to attract new players to join in. Sure, having lots of endgame content is great for those who have been playing for the last year and a half but much of it is just widening the gap and making new players even less likely to want to jump in. Not everyone wants to start a game and have some guild bump them to endgame, at least imo not those who typically want to play and live in a virtual world.

They are just going to milk the customers they have managed to retain.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560

Athisar said:

As long as Trion's involved with it the answer never changes.

Doesn't matter if it is Trion or anyone else, the game will be same for anyone because that is how it has been developed by XLGgmes. In KR and RU version people just pay less to win(correct term would be pay for more chances) because of economy(actual economy of country) in kr and ru. It is not that Trion did not do anything wrong, they have mismanaged some stuff that only hurt them back, they had no idea how to manage a game like this, they interfered in server politics, tried to be politically correct and banned players who were reported for using "homophobic slur" during smack talk among rival guilds and many other sort of nonsense. But cash shop is not one of the thing that is wrong, cash shop is lacking some items that are available in kr and ru and of course we would want those items but that is hardly anything i can just blame them for.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

Aeolyn said:

Do you want them to sell a token that would give players insta level to end game and end game gears? Because without that there is no way to remedy gap between a player who started playing and who have been playing for a year in any mmorpg. Do you think you can start playing WoW and instantly compete with level 110? or any other mmorpg for that matter? There are more than enough activities for players to level up aside from boring questing or grinding mobs.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    would a B2P with a GW2 like Gem Store have been better for a AA release?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• AeolynAeolyn Member UncommonPosts: 350

Aeolyn said:

Do you want them to sell a token that would give players insta level to end game and end game gears? Because without that there is no way to remedy gap between a player who started playing and who have been playing for a year in any mmorpg. Do you think you can start playing WoW and instantly compete with level 110? or any other mmorpg for that matter? There are more than enough activities for players to level up aside from boring questing or grinding mobs.
    Nope, but the fact that they nerfed much of the low level stuff since its debut in NA, thus making it harder and harder for a new player to even try to play catch up, certainly isn't encouraging for anyone that may want to give the game a try.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited June 2016

Aeolyn said:

Kind of funny you bring up WoW to support this argument since it's actually the only MMO I'm aware of that that does actually let you buy an insta-level-up that comes with a gear set.
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737

Aeolyn said:

Kind of funny you bring up WoW to support this argument since it's actually the only MMO I'm aware of that that does actually let you buy an insta-level-up that comes with a gear set.
    swtor.
  • lucyluffy101lucyluffy101 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Hey guys, stop complaining AA is p2w. Go to AA trino website and claim your gift. Bring your gift in mirage island and exchange it for full set celestial gear, with weapon, gems, unique halcyona necklace and more. Ready to pvp and join the guild.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

Aeolyn said:

That WoW gear set is really not great though. When I bought Legion I got a 100 boost, did it on a hunter and it's hardly even good enough to do a normal dungeon. It's just there to give you something, as opposed to being a non geared level 100 with no way of getting any gear.
  • chanmingchanming Member UncommonPosts: 52
    edited June 2016
    That gear is there only because it's JUST better than being naked. It's barely enough for the first dungeon. You got the point.

Aeolyn said:

swtor.

Also EQ2, they break games is actually several step ahead of both WoW and SWTOR, they give tier gears...

Aeolyn said:

Aeolyn said:

Nope, but the fact that they nerfed much of the low level stuff since its debut in NA, thus making it harder and harder for a new player to even try to play catch up, certainly isn't encouraging for anyone that may want to give the game a try.

I'm sorry what did they nerf really? I have leveled 2 characters from 0 to 55 and i never for a second found pre 50 anything hard, my real problem was leveling way too fast. Gearing starts at 50 and that is where shit hits the fan, unless players can shell out massive amount of cash they can never catch up to someone who has been playing for a year. If someone wants to catch up to someone who has been playing for year or more they also need to put same effort. That is how mmorpg should be.

Aeolyn said:

That WoW gear set is really not great though. When I bought Legion I got a 100 boost, did it on a hunter and it's hardly even good enough to do a normal dungeon. It's just there to give you something, as opposed to being a non geared level 100 with no way of getting any gear.

They enable you to do LFR, where you can get some very decent entry level gears for mythic dungeon and normal raids.

• movros99movros99 Member UncommonPosts: 125
    You've got to love that every Trion article instantly turns in to a P2W discussion. Serves 'em right really. Trion is an evil corporate monster just like EA, only less successful.
    movros99 said:
    You've got to love that every Trion article instantly turns in to a P2W discussion. Serves 'em right really. Trion is an evil corporate monster just like EA, only less successful.
    They are not any less or more "evil" than other f2p companies like Aeria or PWE or Gameforge. People got bored with others but they never let go off Trion because they believe Trion betrayed them with pay2win archeage, they chose to believe Trion's archeage would be completely a different game than the original KR game, I don't agree with people on this part but i do agree Trion has become superbly greedy asshats.

• lucyluffy101lucyluffy101 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    edited June 2016
    Guys go to trion archeage website, claim the gift and exchange it in mirage island in game. Enter in not p2w arena. I'm 6k gear score in not p2w arena and 4k gear score defeat me is that p2w?
  • abahnurabahnur Member UncommonPosts: 63

Guys go to trion archeage website, claim the gift and exchange it in mirage island in game. Enter in not p2w arena. I'm 6k gear score in not p2w arena and 4k gear score defeat me is that p2w?

the hell ye talking about.
    abahnur said:

the hell ye talking about.
    He is talking about balanced arena, marvelous place really, "big shots" enter and their gear means nothing, they get beat up by low gear score players from time to time; players whom they don't even bother talking to since they don't have high gear score and start screaming in faction chat. Simply amazing to see.

• Apollymi452Apollymi452 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Well its official while the update itself is pretty cool, the events they have are just awful! Requiring a returning player to buff the party for access to 3 quests that, so far, seem to be the only way to get the 40 Advanced Crystals needed to make your 30-day mount of choice a perma mount. OH! AND those 3 quests happen to be killing some end game bosses (Such as the Red Dragon) that are highly contested and zierg feasts! So count any player not in the major guilds holding these bosses, or are like me, high level but haven't really participated in end game stuff (because they enjoy farming and the PVE Content more, and have a low low equip score) out of luck!

Then there's the Ascension chests that the long term players earn, but need to get a key to open them from a returning player!

So between the buffs needed and the keys required I see returning players earning some serious gold (or those with alts that haven't logged in, in a long time)

I see this as a really bad event planing.
    edited June 2016
    Well its official while the update itself is pretty cool, the events they have are just awful! Requiring a returning player to buff the party for access to 3 quests that, so far, seem to be the only way to get the 40 Advanced Crystals needed to make your 30-day mount of choice a perma mount. OH! AND those 3 quests happen to be killing some end game bosses (Such as the Red Dragon) that are highly contested and zierg feasts! So count any player not in the major guilds holding these bosses, or are like me, high level but haven't really participated in end game stuff (because they enjoy farming and the PVE Content more, and have a low low equip score) out of luck!

Then there's the Ascension chests that the long term players earn, but need to get a key to open them from a returning player!

So between the buffs needed and the keys required I see returning players earning some serious gold (or those with alts that haven't logged in, in a long time)

I see this as a really bad event planing.
    No those 3 quests are simple quests, using labor, killing 200 mob and doing a greater or end game dungeon. But that returning player bullshit is just hilarious. It is a ruse to have people sub on their 2nd or 3rd accounts that have been inactive for months. Another scheme to squeeze money..greedy fucktards!!

Edit : i was talking about the simple quests, not the what's-it-called buff quests, those buff quests are nonsensical just as much as the event itself.
    Post edited by jesteralways on