Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kings And Heroes launched

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963
Bit of a rocky start for people yesterday...
but it was expectable from launch of early access.

However very promising title. And I am excited to see how it moves forward.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/05/31/kings-and-heroes-preview-and-developer-commentary

Comments

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    A buggy Mess. Refunded after only 16 mins trying to "do" things in game.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963
    Avanah said:
    So let me get it clear you expected to buy Indie game just launched for first moment in Early Acces , and have no bugs ?

Okkkkeeeeyyyyyy.....

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Watched a stream last night.  When it worked it looked like it could be a lot of fun.  Obviously it had some launch day issues with lag and crashes.

One concern i have is that the randomly created dungeons could just get boring/generic after awhile so they will need a good pipeline of fresh content.

But since I won a free copy of the game in the stream... I'll give it  ago once the lag is handled.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Avanah said:
    So let me get it clear you expected to buy Indie game just launched for first moment in Early Acces , and have no bugs ?

Okkkkeeeeyyyyyy.....

Yup, she was also the first person to leave a negative review on steam...after a whole .3 hours on record lol.
    Forgrimm said:
    Avanah said:

Okkkkeeeeyyyyyy.....

Yup, she was also the first person to leave a negative review on steam...after a whole .3 hours on record lol.
    I kind of hate that.

It can not be made more clear what early access stands for , plus its launch 0 hour - time where servers buckle down even in AAA releases.

The company is also a small indie developer made of people that care for community and love the game.

Instead of gamers that decided to go into early access and help the game , actually doing that.

Some act like fussy babies and give negative reviews ... 

I mean refund request I can understand , its fair and square. But dont bring the game rating down and actually hurt the developers.

I kind of hate that.

It can not be made more clear what early access stands for , plus its launch 0 hour - time where servers buckle down even in AAA releases.

The company is also a small indie developer made of people that care for community and love the game.

Instead of gamers that decided to go into early access and help the game , actually doing that.

I mean refund request I can understand , its fair and square. But dont bring the game rating down and actually hurt the developers.
    That's exactly why it didn't surprise me when the Chronicles of Elyria devs said:

"We are yet undecided if we will ever release the game on Steam. We are aware of, and share, your concerns about the maturity of general Steam gamers."
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Forgrimm said:
    Avanah said:

Okkkkeeeeyyyyyy.....

I kind of hate that.

You might argue that such a review is worthless but its not less worthless than people spending the same amount of time in the game and giving it a positive review "just to support the developers".
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Too pricey for what it is.  Maybe in a half-price sale...
  • doragamesdoragames Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Well it's seems to me a little bit tricky....
    edited June 2016
    Shaigh said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Avanah said:

Okkkkeeeeyyyyyy.....

I kind of hate that.

You might argue that such a review is worthless but its not less worthless than people spending the same amount of time in the game and giving it a positive review "just to support the developers".
    Yes, I will argue that.

Its early access.
    Indie game company has great idea for the game. But instead of making kickstarter and selling just a dream in the sack (with no guarantee you will get anything). They buckle in and make game to certain stage of alpha/beta.
    They let the players in. Players both help with development by beta testing and by financing further development.
    That is early access , in my opinion a more fair version of kickstarter for games.

But whoever enters should realize - this is not final game. Its buggy, its missing things. It was not meant to be release version. Its work in progress , and you are taking part.

So than some douches get the game ( obviously expecting EA is just a matter of speech ) and than they vote the game down and bring the rating down.

So devs dont get the money , the game tanks, before its properly finished.

And we all suffer...

So yea. I will argue people should not do it.

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Shaigh said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Avanah said:

Okkkkeeeeyyyyyy.....

I kind of hate that.

Yes, I will argue that.

Its early access.
    Indie game company has great idea for the game. But instead of making kickstarter and selling just a dream in the sack (with no guarantee you will get anything). They buckle in and make game to certain stage of alpha/beta.
    They let the players in. Players both help with development by beta testing and by financing further development.
    That is early access , in my opinion a more fair version of kickstarter for games.

But whoever enters should realize - this is not final game. Its buggy, its missing things. It was not meant to be release version. Its work in progress , and you are taking part.

So than some douches get the game ( obviously expecting EA is just a matter of speech ) and than they vote the game down and bring the rating down.

So devs dont get the money , the game tanks, before its properly finished.

And we all suffer...

So yea. I will argue people should not do it.
    Early access isn't there to fund projects, developers should make sure to finish the game without funds through early access. You don't pay money for what the game could become, you pay to be part of the game they are making right now.

To quote Valve regarding early access:
    Don’t launch in Early Access if you can’t afford to develop with very few or no sales."
    "
    Customers should be buying your game based on its current state, not on promises of a future that may or may not be realized.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098

http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/05/31/kings-and-heroes-preview-and-developer-commentary
    Damn it, I watched the video and started feeling really sick. I don't know what it is, happens to me when i play minecraft sometimes as well.
    YashaX said:

Damn it, I watched the video and started feeling really sick. I don't know what it is, happens to me when i play minecraft sometimes as well.
    A lot of people experience that with first-person view games.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Was looking at this on Steam and everyone is giving fairly positive reviews. Anyone made or posted more videos of it? There really isn't much information out about it. Any leads would be appreciated...I just found out about this about an hour ago.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.