Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plans Detailed to Close Security Gaps

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imagePlans Detailed to Close Security Gaps

The Darkfall: New Dawn team has posted a new article about last week's revelation of security flaws in the Darkfall code that had been given over when Ub3rGames obtained licensing for its version of the game. The article begins with debunking a few misconceptions about the security issues and then goes into a comprehensive look at how the development team will be working to ensure players have a secure environment in which to play.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• lareslocilaresloci Member UncommonPosts: 373
    All I can say is LOL!

Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880

laresloci said:

All I can say is LOL!

Why is it LOL? Looks to me like they're Malka an honest effort to make this a better game.

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    The biggest hurdle they are going to face going forward is a lack of confidence from anyone who was interested.

That, and trying to keep the fire extinguishers stocked.
  • RingsideRingside Member UncommonPosts: 249
    All I need is 4000 players with around 700 - 800 during peak and this will be perfect. Dont think it will happen but if it ever happen, count me in.
  • NudalusNudalus Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Let's not forget, these were the guys whose own website got "HACKED" (their ADMIN PASSWORD GOT BRUTE FORCED WITHIN MINUTES BY A RANDOM PERSON)
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

Nudalus said:

Let's not forget, these were the guys whose own website got "HACKED" (their ADMIN PASSWORD GOT BRUTE FORCED WITHIN MINUTES BY A RANDOM PERSON)

Cool story.

• celestialimmortalcelestialimmortal Member UncommonPosts: 27

Nudalus said:

Sounds like some nerd spewing shit without the facts
  • IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    edited June 2016
    What the downside is to a game like this is, it takes effort to gear up, this game has mass pvp, so it's die a lot. Now in a Mass pvp game like Planetside 2, a simple respawn with your gear and your back in the fight, and even that can prove annoying if you have a die streak.

The harvesting resources just to make the things needed for PVP gets old fast, even more so when one clan has huge numbers and can just zerg everything. Add in the exploits and hacking and having to gear up again gets tedious.

This type of game needs to be sped up so it can be more about empires building and wars, and not majority of the time spent gathering resources and earning gold for end battle ready character. Only backpacks should be lootable. Gear and weapons stays with you, but wears and tears. They need to turn it more into a MMOFPS, with some RPG, and not an RPG, with some FPS. 3 years playing a mass battle MMO, I know all too well the mentality this company will be up against in regards to mass battle PVP communities. One group will grow bigger than the rest, and the complaints of the zerg will dominate. PK Griefers will simply have two accounts to bypass their anti grief system. Too much time to put in for a game like this now. In Planetside 2 one can build a base, and have a huge battle at it all in one night. Then you log off and go back to having a life.
  • toolaktoolak Member UncommonPosts: 154
    New Dawn? So it's Dark fall with sparkly whiney vampires ?