Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Myth 1 - Wrath of the Berserkers Expansion Detailed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageMyth 1 - Wrath of the Berserkers Expansion Detailed

ASTA will be expanding on May 31st with the Wrath of the Berserkers update that will bring lots of new content to players. We had the opportunity to speak with Webzen Assistant Producer Pierre Vandenbroucke to learn more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• zinger71zinger71 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    The translation in this game is so terribly poor. The NPC quest text is difficult to read. There may be a good storyline underneath, but you'd be hard pressed to follow it. It takes away from the immersion and I do read the text - at least the first time through. I like to understand the lore and why I'm being asked to kill 10 of x and gather 10 of y. I'll login to see if improvements were made, but based on this interview, my expectations are not high. For me, the shoddy English translation is enough to render the game nigh unplayable.
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    why call it myth 1 when there will be no myth 2. The devs already abadoned the game.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    You no what..The archer class in this game has to be one of my favorites in any mmo. He is just so much fun to play. His skills are just a blast and when you get the right rotation going you hardly ever get touched. Truly a great mmo class to play.
  • ryanmahafferyanmahaffe Member UncommonPosts: 83
    okay, there are a few people that I feel work for Webzen commenting here :P
  • shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509
    edited June 2016

okay, there are a few people that I feel work for Webzen commenting here :P

Yeah, it's never a good game and there's always a shill! With only 54 posts, who are YOU shilling for?

It's a nice little themepark, that's all. Nice art style, sound effects are some of my favorites. It needs to do something about faction imbalance though, that's a real kicker and there should be at least some measure implemented. I really like the divine spirit system although it opens up avenues for the game to be p2w. I also like stat rolling. I find that these little progression diversions really make the leveling process in a mmo more tolerable and I think it's one of the reasons I keep playing with it.

Coulda done better than webzen though. 40 bucks for a mount. Come on. edit: Oh yeah, and the comically HORRIBLE voice overs. Like instructional video quality voice overs. It would've been better if they hadn't even bothered with those at all and kept the original language.
    Post edited by shalissar on
  • redhillunitedredhillunited Member CommonPosts: 2
    I started playing this game just few days ago (just before the expansion) and I must say that game is good, not superb, but still not bad. It’s standard MMO game, but I really don’t care. I found a guild and people to play with and because of that I am enjoying playing this game. For now the game is not P2W, you can only pay to level up faster, but there aren’t any P2W items or something. I invite people to download and try it. I remember when I downloaded the game for the first time and I read ppl comments that it’s a Webzen game and it’s P2W.
    Don’t listen other people comments, download and try. Don’t forget to check the in-game shop, also the official website of the game! I don’t know why are people saying automaticlly that some games sucks, if it comes from Aeria Games, Webzen or any other “P2W” publisher.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    For all the people calling it a wow clone and all the people screaming for Vanilla Wow. I'M surprised more people won't even try it out. Its f2p.
  • redhillunitedredhillunited Member CommonPosts: 2

Hariken said:

For all the people calling it a wow clone and all the people screaming for Vanilla Wow. I'M surprised more people won't even try it out. Its f2p.

I don't get people that wont give a game a chance, only because someone said it's P2W or it's published by P2W company or some other reason. Every game deserves a chance. I remember downloading this game for the first time and I read it was P2W and open PvP after level 40, then I deleted the game and I never launched it. Couple of days later, I downloaded again and now I am playing it everyday. It's not the best MMO game, but certainly it isn't the worst too. Golden middle :)

People, stop judging games/things so easily, first try it and then judge!
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089

Hariken said:

I don't get people that wont give a game a chance, only because someone said it's P2W or it's published by P2W company or some other reason. Every game deserves a chance. I remember downloading this game for the first time and I read it was P2W and open PvP after level 40, then I deleted the game and I never launched it. Couple of days later, I downloaded again and now I am playing it everyday. It's not the best MMO game, but certainly it isn't the worst too. Golden middle :)

People, stop judging games/things so easily, first try it and then judge!
    its because webzen doesnt advertize this game at all, literally nothing is beeing done. The people in the forum are begging to advertize the game. But i guess the game doesnt have potential (wich why it closed 1y after release in korea).
  • KudoseoKudoseo Member CommonPosts: 5
    I heard ASTA will be released on Steam at April, 2017 again. GOOD!!