Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today !

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Comments

• Psym0nPsym0n Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Today to you as well! As for the video, looks awesome. Care to eleborate? :pleased: 
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Today Kings and Heroes enters into early access on steam :)

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I saw your title and came here to post some smart ass reply like "yesterday" but this looks awesome and it wasn't even on my radar.

Thanks for the tip!
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TheAmazingDwarfTheAmazingDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Is it fun? Is it worth giving it a try?

My FFXIV ARR referral code for new EU accounts: 5JPF7ZQ3
    Step into the amazing world of Eorzea! Use this reference code on a new account and we'll both get goodies for it!

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659
    Iselin said:
    I saw your title and came here to post some smart ass reply like "yesterday" but this looks awesome and it wasn't even on my radar.

Thanks for the tip!
    Same here, except for smart ass reply. lol

I was curious what the post was about and then watched the video. Look like fun. I will give it a try.

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    What's "Tomorrow !"?
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    What's "Tomorrow !"?
    Another day.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Is it today yet?
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    DKLond said:
    What's "Tomorrow !"?
    Another day.
    Wait!!!!!!!!
    Are saying "Tomorrow is another day"?

lol
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Early access, waits for another day.....
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659
    I gave it a try ... I refunded it. Back to ESO.

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Looks good.  Looking forward to trying it.  They fight so quietly in the video.  What ever happened to, "Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!! RrraaaAAGHGHH!!!"

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Released for 1 hour and the negative reviews come pouring in. Typical early access scam. Make the videos look amazing, make the game play look fun and rewarding. Then deliver an unplayable piece of crap that will never get finished like 99% of other early access games. This should be illegal. I stopped buying into "early access" ages ago. 
  • GrayPhilosopherGrayPhilosopher Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Looks interesting, but one thing bothers me.. A thing that bothers me about a lot of games unfortunately. Why does everything have to be a disorienting light-show? D:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    The one negative steam review, which i'm pretty sure is someone from these forums, almost same name and same avatar, gave the review after a whopping .3 hours on record lol.
  • F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Look in the steam "heroes and kings" view discussions and see the real drama. People talking about refunds for an unplayable game, others are bitching about things that are totally irrelevant (no quests? the game said nothing about having quests lol). The one that speaks to me the most  "Graphics: WE HAVE BEEN TOTALLY LIED BY DEVS"; now English is clearly not this guys first language but its quite obvious that he is pissed and seeing a huge difference in game quality between what was advertised and what was delivered. 
    This one is nice too.

♥♥♥♥ game, getting a refund
    1.The UI looks like dog turd that first year programming students churn.
    2. Performance is terrible on a beastly Sapphire Tri-X Fury. 
    3. Graphics and artifacts of weird light popping,
    4. Clunky experience overall, combat is terrible, matchmaking doesn't work
    5. Every NPC in the marketplace gives you the text' Do you want to be a weaponsmith?"
    6. Oh by the way guys, enjoy the first major bug. Loading splash screen with UI elements. You won't get to load the game world.

This thread is pretty popular lots of people agree with this pissed off gentleman.

There is no reason to take my word for it. I am just trying to enlighten people to the issues we face today. The more people who buy into this early access bs the more games will try to launch in early access. These days its honestly hard to find a game on steam that IS NOT early access. Why? Because its easy. Advertise something that appeals to the masses. Sugar coat your plans with a bunch of pretty words and make it look like you intend to take "player feedback and suggestions". When in reality their only intent is to sell you garbage that will keep you occupied long enough that you cant request a refund. Scam of the century.

That's all I have to say. Buy the game and enlighten yourselves.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    F2Plague said:
    Look in the steam "heroes and kings" view discussions and see the real drama. People talking about refunds for an unplayable game, others are bitching about things that are totally irrelevant (no quests? the game said nothing about having quests lol). The one that speaks to me the most  "Graphics: WE HAVE BEEN TOTALLY LIED BY DEVS"; now English is clearly not this guys first language but its quite obvious that he is pissed and seeing a huge difference in game quality between what was advertised and what was delivered. 
    This one is nice too.

♥♥♥♥ game, getting a refund
    1.The UI looks like dog turd that first year programming students churn.
    2. Performance is terrible on a beastly Sapphire Tri-X Fury. 
    3. Graphics and artifacts of weird light popping,
    4. Clunky experience overall, combat is terrible, matchmaking doesn't work
    5. Every NPC in the marketplace gives you the text' Do you want to be a weaponsmith?"
    6. Oh by the way guys, enjoy the first major bug. Loading splash screen with UI elements. You won't get to load the game world.

This thread is pretty popular lots of people agree with this pissed off gentleman.

There is no reason to take my word for it. I am just trying to enlighten people to the issues we face today. The more people who buy into this early access bs the more games will try to launch in early access. These days its honestly hard to find a game on steam that IS NOT early access. Why? Because its easy. Advertise something that appeals to the masses. Sugar coat your plans with a bunch of pretty words and make it look like you intend to take "player feedback and suggestions". When in reality their only intent is to sell you garbage that will keep you occupied long enough that you cant request a refund. Scam of the century.

That's all I have to say. Buy the game and enlighten yourselves.
    Whatever your opinion of early access, none of those reviews outside of a couple positive ones (12 so far in total when I looked) were all that informative.. "a buggy mess" tells me nothing... What kind of bugs? Simple UI problems or game-stopping issues? (I expect more from folks who post here, which that user certainly does).

Complaints about graphics, matchmaking being problematic (in a game where everyone is a noob anyway)... etc.. the load screen issue..come on, how many games have released with such a problem? Numerous (those were full blown retail releases.)

Obviously the game has issues, but none of them seem all that bad.. And it's a game in early access. WHy folks buy something that tells them upfront don't buy if you don't want to experience issues, complain about having issues I will never know...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    F2Plague said:

Well, I have no comments about the game itself.  But, I definitely agree with what you are saying about Early Access.

Everything now is Early Access.  Why?  Why bother spending extra months/years finishing and polishing your game when people will buy it bare-bones?  And, on top of buying it, many will defend the mess you published because it's "still Early Access".  Even though alot of these games are in Early Access for years.

It's the exact same thing as paying to get into a Beta, only without the commitment/need to improve it like a Beta; it's already in a store being sold.  People have already bought the game, so alot of those creators aren't going to put in the effort needed to fully complete it to a so-called "release" state.

I've seen Steam remove a few games here and there for being so shoddy and incomplete they are unplayable.  But, there's no deadlines or rules on Early Access products, as far as I'm aware.  It's basically a loophole in the system.

Granted, some developers actually do improve the game from Early Access and push for a real release, but it's a heck of alot like Kickstarter; it's a complete roll of the dice.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Early access will actually hurt games if they are buggy and suffer from performance issues. Sounds like that is the problem here.

Game looks like it could be fun, hope they get it polished before its too late.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited May 2016
    Lokero said:
    F2Plague said:

Well, I have no comments about the game itself.  But, I definitely agree with what you are saying about Early Access.

Everything now is Early Access.  Why?  Why bother spending extra months/years finishing and polishing your game when people will buy it bare-bones?  And, on top of buying it, many will defend the mess you published because it's "still Early Access".  Even though alot of these games are in Early Access for years.

It's the exact same thing as paying to get into a Beta, only without the commitment/need to improve it like a Beta; it's already in a store being sold.  People have already bought the game, so alot of those creators aren't going to put in the effort needed to fully complete it to a so-called "release" state.

I've seen Steam remove a few games here and there for being so shoddy and incomplete they are unplayable.  But, there's no deadlines or rules on Early Access products, as far as I'm aware.  It's basically a loophole in the system.

Granted, some developers actually do improve the game from Early Access and push for a real release, but it's a heck of alot like Kickstarter; it's a complete roll of the dice.
    Which begs the question, if we all know this (which unless you can't read and blindly press the buy button, you do) why are folks buying them, then complaining? It's nonsensical.. 

"This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development."

This is plastered across the store front for every single one of these games. I don't need a 2 word review from someone too lazy to write an actual thought or explanation, to tell me this...It's already said by the devs and steam itself... Redundancy is redundant.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    It's first person view. Well thanks anyway.

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Distopia said:
    Lokero said:
    F2Plague said:

Which begs the question, if we all know this (which unless you can't read and blindly press the buy button, you do) why are folks buying them, then complaining? It's nonsensical.. 

"This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development."

This is plastered across the store front for every single one of these games. I don't need a 2 word review from someone too lazy to write an actual thought or explanation, to tell me this...It's already said by the devs and steam itself... Redundancy is redundant.
    I definitely agree with what you are saying.  People should have enough sense to not buy said products.

But, the point still stands that is basically a loophole in the system that is encouraging poor standards.  You can literally publish a barely functional product so long as you label it "Early Access" and then never touch it or patch it again.
    If you launch an incomplete product without that "Early Access" tag, it's taboo and Steam will take action and remove it if there's enough complaints.  However, slap that EA ambassador tag on it and suddenly you have immunity.

TBH, alot of what's going on with Steam is marring their own image as much as it is the developers of said shoddy games.  They really need to have some type of hard limits on Early Access and similar things.  Steam has basically become the Slumlord of stores.
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    edited May 2016
    There are people streaming via Twitch. I posted a link in the other OP to one I was watching.

Edit:

Edit 2: watching the stream but it looks really buggy. Major desync issues and rubberbanding. Screen tearing.