Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF side game!

PsyqotiqPsyqotiq Member UncommonPosts: 18
I'm currently playing Guild Wars 2 and having a blast, but I'm afraid I'll burn out rather quickly as I'm putting around 8 hours a day into it. Due to some recent medical issues I am stuck not doing much most days and will be for the foreseeable future.

I'm just looking for some suggestions regarding other (non-MMO) games to fill my time with alongside GW2. I'll list some games I've enjoyed in the past year or two below. I appreciate the help!

- Fallout 4
- Civ 5
- State of Decay
- Ark
- Grim Dawn
- Dragon's Dogma
- Metal Gear Solid 5
- Diablo 3
- Endless Legend

Comments

• vwmafiavwmafia Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Try Rust and Path of Exile
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    edited May 2016
    Psyqotiq said:
    I'm currently playing Guild Wars 2 and having a blast, but I'm afraid I'll burn out rather quickly as I'm putting around 8 hours a day into it. Due to some recent medical issues I am stuck not doing much most days and will be for the foreseeable future.

I'm just looking for some suggestions regarding other (non-MMO) games to fill my time with alongside GW2. I'll list some games I've enjoyed in the past year or two below. I appreciate the help!

- Fallout 4
    - Civ 5
    - State of Decay
    - Ark
    - Grim Dawn
    - Dragon's Dogma
    - Metal Gear Solid 5
    - Diablo 3
    - Endless Legend
    Darkfall!!!

Seriously Darkfall Unholy Wars... send me a message and I'd be happy to help you get started.

This game has a PVP storyline... yup... NPCs dont tell you what to do!!

Get involved... theres not much of a grind and its very group oriented!

I have played dozens of games and GW2 was one of the worst.. seriously.. that game is awful.. and I wish so much that it wasn't because I loved the first one.

You need a mic though and a want to work with other people. If you want a true MMORPG than darkfall is a hidden gem, seriously... play it before its dead. You can be the top player in the server if you are totally active for a few months and practice PVP a lot.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• johndoepjohndoep Member UncommonPosts: 71
    I suggest Overwatch. It's a good game to just hop in and shoot people without any worries.

if mobile is more your speed, i suggest Dragon Encounter
  • SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546
    Millions of games out there, hard to suggest one or two...

Have you considered open source and free games to add to your list? 
    Here's a fun start: https://sourceforge.net/directory/games/os:windows/os:mswin64bit/?page=1
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    World of Tanks is my favorite side game.

Jump in, play a few matches, get the adrenaline stirring, then go back to whatever MMO I'm playing.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Love Smite for quite game feels. Third person moba, several modes. Like 70 different characters. Can buy all present and future characters for about 30$ as well if you wish or wait for a discount. Last discount was a couple of months ago for 50% off I think.
  • NorthernHermitNorthernHermit Member UncommonPosts: 35
    edited May 2016
    Sandbox games are great to get rid off MMOs so i recommend Planet Centauri even in its current state :D You can get it from here: planetcentauri.com or wait steam launch at end of this month :)
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Sandbox games are great to get rid off MMOs so i recommend Planet Centauri even in its current state :D You can get it from here: planetcentauri.com or wait steam launch at end of this month :)
    Holy cow a pay to play beta and permadeath?.....Thats strike 1,2, and 3
    edited May 2016
    Permadeath is developer lmao i play in normal (terrarias casual) and it is still hard XD And final release cost 15-23$ anyway like terraria too at launch :)
  • LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 647
    7 Days to Die, by a long shot. I'm picky, have limited time in a day and no attention span to play most games nowadays. This game, though, is one I can pick up and not put down again until 2 am.

You can play solo or on private servers, like ARK.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I would agree with 7 Days to Die.  A lot of time can be spent on that game and you won't notice it pass :)

People seemed to miss that you said non MMO.  You seem to like a lot of similar games to me with a little more focus on action.  I'm also enjoying Europa Universalis with the Game of Thrones Mod but that requires a few expansions to work properly.

Fallout 4 on the new Survival mode is also a completely different game.  It slows you down very much and makes the game seem huge and real.   Very immersive.  

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Years ago I didn't spend much time outside of mmos.  In the last 8 years I've broken that trend and love also playing single player games.  My suggestions would be:

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
    X-com 2
    Shadowrun returns/ Dragonfall/ Hong Kong
    Star Wars: kotor 2 (on steam it's now a complete game with the workshop)
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Aliens: Colonial Marines ( lol just kidding on this one ;-) )
    The Witcher 3 + expac
    Valkyrie Chronicles
    The Banner Saga 1 & 2

Not sure if you have a tablet (or smartphone), but there are a lot of really fun games on the android/iOS market.  My favorites being all the jrpgs from Kemco and although the SE games are expensive.  You can't go wrong with the classic final fantasy games/ chrono trigger etc.  

I'm sure i'm missing something that I would recommend.  But, I imagine this will do for now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Darkest Dungeon , Hands of Fate, Thea the Awakening or Massive Chalice
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    edited May 2016
    Hand of Fate
    Stories: The Path of Destinies
    Dragon's Dogma
    Kings & Heroes (releases May 31st)
    Duskers
    Starpoint Gemini 2
    Space Pirates and Zombies 2 (first one as well)

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited May 2016
    Overwatch is basically designed to be a side game.  Or Hearthstone.  I've been playing Hearthstone as my off game for a year and a half now.  Also, this latest expansion has been amazing for the game.  It's the most fun and balanced it's ever been.

Both offer quick online competition without commitment, which is good for a side game.

edit: I forgot SMITE.  SMITE is also great for the same reasons, although competitive conquest matches can take an hour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Overwatch is basically designed to be a side game.  Or Hearthstone.  I've been playing Hearthstone as my off game for a year and a half now.  Also, this latest expansion has been amazing for the game.  It's the most fun and balanced it's ever been.

Both offer quick online competition without commitment, which is good for a side game.

edit: I forgot SMITE.  SMITE is also great for the same reasons, although competitive conquest matches can take an hour.
    How could you forget SMITE?! ;)
    Agreed with Overwatch and Hearthstone. I enjoy Hearthstone much more than I thought I ever would. 
    Yeah, I know right?  I still love SMITE and watch the tournies sometimes.  Suntouch especially is a great streamer.  But I haven't played it in a long time.  Too many good games going on to keep up with.

And yeah, Hearthstone is surprisingly really good, especially with this new expansion.  Most of the most unfair things were taken out of the game and there is much more variety in competitive decks than there ever has been.
    If OP is still interested Planet Centauri is now in steam early access at http://store.steampowered.com/app/385380/ for 14 € (don't know US price) and price will not change at release and development will continue little bit over year since it will get ALOT content. NOTE: Developer and publisher is Permadeath named :)