Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hard to decide - Revival or Chronicles of Elyria as my primary game.

124»

Comments

• Abydos-CDDAbydos-CDD Member UncommonPosts: 98
    CoE man :)
  • TimberhickTimberhick Member UncommonPosts: 554
    Zultra said:
    It is not pay to win at all, it is a KS pledge reward to help build the world at launch, all that stuff can be lost.
    The problem with the whole can be lost line is how difficult it is to lose said items is unknown. 
    If it's too easy pledgees will feel ripped off.
    If it's too hard P2W will be screamed even louder than it is now.

I feel for the pledgees who get random treasure maps but not the head start.
  • ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 385
    Zultra said:
    Dullahan said:
    Yanocchi said:
    It's funny how CoE ended up selling houses for real money just like Revival. Influence Points can be earned by promoting CoE but the majority of people will be getting them for real money.

It's almost the same setup. In Revival there were tenements, cottages, houses, manses and estates. The prices are much lower in CoE, though. A stone manor costs around $275 if someone gets 3300 IP as add-ons with real money.

• $10 - 100 Influence Points (IP)
    • $25 - 275 Influence Points (IP)
    • $35 - 400 Influence Points (IP)
    • $50 - 600 Influence Points (IP)
    • $75 - 925 Influence Points (IP)
    • $100 - 1250 Influence Points (IP)

Zultra said:
    The Payment scheme of revival is a massive turnoff for me personally.

The difference between the payment schemes of CoE and Revival has just diminished greatly with the announcement about IP buildings.
    Lol, are they really moving to that model?

Called it.
    Yet there will be those that insist this isn't P2W...  even though you can buy yourself 1 3 month head start, land, titles (even a Kingdom!) and now buildings for cash...

I think I may keep my pledges but drop them down to the lowest tier.  Can always bump them up after the Kickstarter Ends.

Still have a few days to decide, but just getting more and more uncomfortable with these guys.

It is not pay to win at all, it is a KS pledge reward to help build the world at launch, all that stuff can be lost.
    We have VERY different definitions of P2W.   The fact that you can lose an item has zero impact on it being P2W from my perspective.  P2W means using real world money to buy yourself an in-game advantage.  Usually these are small edges.  Buying yourself a 3 month headstart in a PvP game, buying land, buildings and spending $10,000 to make yourself "King" are all purely huge P2W advantages in game.

This method of using real money to buy land/buildings is exactly what Revival was trying to do. 

Have the developers posted a clear plan for how the IP will become converted into Story Points (SP) at launch and whether or not you will be able to continue to buy them for real money?  If so can you link it? 

The "headstart" as you call it is merely a phase in which we build a world which has  groups and cities etc.. already founded it stops that mass chaos at launch with every group trying to set up with the majority not being able to due to the infrastructure/Fighting this gives groups like Masonry Guilds time to set up. 
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

Join the revolutionary MMO! 
    That is a big assumption.
    That is a big assumption.
    It is based on fact.
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

Sure it is.....

Of course those 3,000 odd headstarters are going to make multiples of the 24 odd professions guilds, plus multiple mercenary guilds, assassin guilds, etc.   Sure they are...  These headstarters have the good of the whole community foremost in their thoughts.  Sure they do...
  • DrakenhoffDrakenhoff Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Sure it is.....

Of course those 3,000 odd headstarters are going to make multiples of the 24 odd professions guilds, plus multiple mercenary guilds, assassin guilds, etc.   Sure they are...  These headstarters have the good of the whole community foremost in their thoughts.  Sure they do...
    Most don't. They have the thoughts of their guild and kingdom in hand.

There is some that are considering others though, I'm intending to create a village to fI'll with npc's.  Those npc's will have families which other players can then join.

Signed Davan Drakenhoff ruler of Castle Drakenhoff the impenatrable castle made from cardboard

Sure it is.....

Yes they do, if you pay 120$ or a 1000IP you tend to want to create and not destroy everything. 

• DrakenhoffDrakenhoff Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Zultra said:
    Sure it is.....

Yes they do, if you pay 120$ or a 1000IP you tend to want to create and not destroy everything. 

Lol zultra not true in the slightest

Signed Davan Drakenhoff ruler of Castle Drakenhoff the impenatrable castle made from cardboard

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Yanocchi said:
    I am waiting for a deeply immersive storydriven next-gen multiplayer sandbox role-playing game. I see only two good candidates on horison, Revival and Chronicles of Elyria.

I like CoE but I'm not waiting around for it. God only knows if it will be even made. I wouldn't get overly excited until we see some real progress.