Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Dungeon Running MMO

2»

Comments

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Vindictus is made of dungeon running.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • JaldrenJaldren Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Ok, did you read the post or just the title?
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    You are actually in luck :)

A hidden gem. Game that was developed in stealth mode, is coming to early access in two days.

Its called Kings and Heroes ,
    and its probably the first and only MMO dungeon crawling bonanza.

Its a mix of Skyrim gameplay , random dungeons in roguelike/diablo style, D&D classes. Its developed by gamers that got fed up with shit that is shoveled every day. And wanted to bring back the days of core gaming.

Word of warning. Its Early access not release. So expect to take part in changing and evolving game, until the official release date.

• EpicJohnsonEpicJohnson Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Not an MMO, but it is co-op dungeon runs. Kings and Heroes
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/436560/?snr=1_5_9__205
    It releases for early access tomorrow.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited May 2016
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    SWTOR has not been mentioned.

It's very close to WoW in many respects. has dedicated healing classes and classic dungeons. The population was very decent the last time I checked. Only issue is the balancing around companions - a bit akin to mercenaries in EQ2 if you are familiar.
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    you should try tera online. Once you reach max lvl you will be  running only dungeons.
  • JaldrenJaldren Member UncommonPosts: 363
    exile01 said:
    you should try tera online. Once you reach max lvl you will be  running only dungeons.
    Recore said:
    You two obviously didn't read past the title.

laxie said:
    SWTOR has not been mentioned.

It's very close to WoW in many respects. has dedicated healing classes and classic dungeons. The population was very decent the last time I checked. Only issue is the balancing around companions - a bit akin to mercenaries in EQ2 if you are familiar.
    Tried for a while. I love the story (especially the Agent), but there is 'something' undetermined that doesn't retain me in...
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Not an MMO, but it is co-op dungeon runs. Kings and Heroes
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/436560/?snr=1_5_9__205
    It releases for early access tomorrow.

They are marketing it as co-op for unexplained reasons ( i think because MMO has such bad rep lately )

What it is , is similar to latest survival games model. Servers supporting 200+ players. But except that limit, its MMO in any purpose. Dungeon runs are instanced, but nothing else is. There is huge overworld with quests , open world raid monsters , mobs ... crafting , guilds - the whole shebang.

And personally smaller servers means closer knit communities, that is better in my book.

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Jaldren said:
    Ok, did you read the post or just the title?
    I did actually read the post.  I don't know about healing because I played it mainly solo, but my brother did a lot of group dungeon runs and got to max level, while I didn't stick with the game because it wasn't really my style.  Vindictus is all about the PvE dungeon running, and has a good group finder system.  It's not sandboxy at all, nor particularly grindy.  It's like a less colorful and cartoony version of Tera and does not have the PvE main world between the dungeons like Tera has, but is instead all dungeons all the time.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Robokapp said:
    Jaldren said:

RIFT: isn't the game totally dead?

My raiding guild is filling the 20 raidslots every raidnight. /shrug. And we're not US #1 or "the only guild that's left" by any means. we're like #7 or something. 

Maybe only partially dead?
    Rift has a healthier population than those who do not play realize. It has some great dungeons.
    I was going to say Rift too but I stopped myself because it is Trion...

How dare you recommend a game we all played way too much >:)

• scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    This post is odd to me, you say you've played everything which means you know more than most of us.  Why are you asking?

To answer your question Tera is exactly what you stated, just buy a level 60 scroll to skip most of the leveling.  The dungeons are really entertaining at endgame and the the combat is great once you get your skill tree set, use charms and the haste bonuses on weapons set. 

Tera plays pretty similar to games like dark souls, there are iframes on jumps and rolls, blocks etc.  I liked it the most on healer classes since you have to lock on your targets to heal.