Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Undefined discussion subject.

2»

Comments

• Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 708
    edited May 2016

Rhoklaw said:

Is it just me or did he sound bored out of his mind while narrating the video?

Game developing companies need more people like this! Behold Paul Barnett!

What ever happened to this guy? God I remember the hype and excitement for Warhammer Online before it was launched and than... it all just disappeared quickly. As for the video on the Druid... Every video I watch on this game I become less and less impressed with it. It looks "cheap" and boring. These animations of the Druid look stiff, very stiff, boring and the spell graphics look terrible. Just this all just my opinion of course.
  • FranciscourantFranciscourant Member UncommonPosts: 356
    What doesn't help imo is that we got used to the animations and VFX of +$100,000,000 budget AAA games and then we compare those titles to Crowfall, which is a $7 millions indie game in Pre-Alpha.

ACE goal surely isn't to compete with those games in term of graphics.
  • cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    why does this look more and more like wildstar artwise i thought it was gonna be more realistic looking

so say we all

• FranciscourantFranciscourant Member UncommonPosts: 356
    cylon8 said:
    why does this look more and more like wildstar artwise i thought it was gonna be more realistic looking
    Pretty sure they've been consistent with their art direction and stylized approach since they've shown the first screenshots.

Here's what Dave Greco (art lead) wrote 18 months ago: 
    "Hey all, we are definitely hoping to strike a balance between grounded, and stylized work. Personally, I agree with most and think Wildstar pushed it too far with its cartoony look, I am also not a huge fan of the direction EQnext is taking. 

At the same time making a grey / boring / dark world is not very interesting. Most of my artwork should show the feeling we are going to be going for... I want to strike a balance between the two. In the next weeks, you should see some more images that will give a better idea.

I want everything to feel grounded, harsh, gritty, but also with pops of color and personality.. it's not easy, but it is my goal! "