Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Video: A brief update on my delivering the Nostalrius petition to Blizzard and my meeting with Mike

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
edited May 2016 in World of Warcraft
The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    edited May 2016
    lol@signatures

Signatures mean nothing, should of setup a kickstarter and gave that money to blizzard to make it.  Then they would of listened.

If people won't put their money where their mouth is then Blizzard are correct in that they don't really want it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited May 2016

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    At this point Blizzard is in the position where they have to either open vanilla servers or just admit forever they are nothing but money hungry corporate sellouts that give absolutely zero fuks about their fans.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Good vid, well done.  A major company sighing off on a project is like an astrological event, all the planets have to be in proper order before things can proceed.  Meaning a lot of people have to review it and approve it in accordance to corporate politics.  Hopefully things will continue to go well with such a project.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Not surprising, very obvious...
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Even if Mike may agree it does not mean that these servers are going to happen. It is obvious that they are open to the idea but between agreeing to meet and actually doing it is such a huge gap and companies like these do have concerns no private server operator is going to face. 

There were quite a few people that seem to think that the Nostalrius had some upper hand owning the code and such but I think these were really not the concerns that Mike had and his real problem is not the private server people at all. In the end Blizzard will if they decide to do this probably go their own people and cannibalize some ideas and work off what archives which they must have in some dusty warehouse. 

The one thing I agree with is when he talked about the quality of the product they put out. That I think is a question of pride. I mean look at Overwatch everything Blizzard does has that mark of quality and no way are they going to do this unless they can assure that. This is non negotiable. It is fine and dandy to put out crap stuff when you're running a private server but Blizzard "no way Jose".

I can see where people will say well to hell with quality when your core game has deteriorated so much that the levelling experience is but a shadow of what it once was and hardly challenging at all. This is what they should be changing and granted this should be their focus but they will never put out a sub par product and even if the concept is something they wholeheartedly agree with they will never do this half ass.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,853
    scorpex-x said:
    lol@signatures

Signatures mean nothing, should of setup a kickstarter and gave that money to blizzard to make it.  Then they would of listened.

If people won't put their money where their mouth is then Blizzard are correct in that they don't really want it.
    Yeah, online petitions are worthless.

Anyone can sign the petition. People with no intention of ever playing a WoW legacy server or WoW at all could sign the petition.

You won't get Blizzard's attention with an online petition just lip service.
    edited June 2016

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Thanks for posting that vid. Blizzard does have a lot on their plate, but I don't think they should let this pot simmer too long. 

Also, pretty sure they did get Blizzard's attention. Maybe it wasn't the sigs that did it, but like Mark said, Mike already knows about the vanila movement. There's enough there to talk about it. I'm not sure why people care to debate that point when the CEO is at least mulling it over. 
  • rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 371
    i think they are scared players will enjoy vanilla more than live , well obviously thats already the case  unless you started around cata + and are oblivious to how awesome sauce classic wow was
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    rush1984 said:
    i think they are scared players will enjoy vanilla more than live , well obviously thats already the case  unless you started around cata + and are oblivious to how awesome sauce classic wow was

First of all, if they're making money, why would they be worried?

That being said, this petition probably got more signatures than the majority of game petitions I've seen. I think it managed to get, probably, 100 times the signatures of any SWG petition. Plus they had like nearly 1 million accounts, and 150k active players. Put that on a sanctioned server? Shoot, you might get 1 or 2 million active players. 

Nothing scary about that except the fact that they're throwing away money, lol.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Dullahan said:
    At this point Blizzard is in the position where they have to either open vanilla servers or just admit forever they are nothing but money hungry corporate sellouts that give absolutely zero fuks about their fans.
    Or that they care more about the people currently playing WoW than the ones no longer playing.

Time spent implementing these servers is time spent not working on the current game.  

Its funny how you accuse them of being money hungry by not participating on what has shown in EQ to be an effective cash grab.

Vanilla servers are a waste of time.  UNLESS they do something more revolutionary, like re-imagine post vanilla WoW.  A WoW 2 of sorts, with vanilla WoW being the start point.  I like stories where I don't know what happens the next chapter far more than ones I do.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    edited June 2016
    This will only have two boxes for Blizzard...

1. Can make a profit that will be worth talking about at the quartly. 
    2. Wont, so no go.