Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Undefined discussion subject.

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited May 2016 in Videos Discussion

Comments

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    I hoped for some more bears =)
     W...aaagh?
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    i wonder how i can buy this game without using a crdeit card online,cause its not going to be in gaming shops?
  • Mouloxtos85Mouloxtos85 Member UncommonPosts: 66
    The controls look similar to Neverwinter Online
  • FranciscourantFranciscourant Member UncommonPosts: 356

Raquis said:

i wonder how i can buy this game without using a crdeit card online,cause its not going to be in gaming shops?

It's possible to pay with PayPal or Bitcoins too. With PayPal I think that we can transfer money from a bank account to the PayPal account and then use this amount for the payment.
    Pretty cool animations, sound and visual effects. Can't wait to try it in a few days ^^
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    I see tera mystic balls, wow shaman healing rain etc

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488

Dragnelus said:

I see tera mystic balls, wow shaman healing rain etc

I Just was thinking that. I remember being on my Mystic in Tera thinking " Why don't these people pick up my orbs !" . At least here you just gotta run through them haha.

Looking good. I hope this game turns out good
  • Doug_BDoug_B Member UncommonPosts: 153
    edited May 2016
    Pretty cool variation of current ideas. Think one of the things I notice right away, lack of mo-cap. The game looks very stiff in my opinion. I would research already compiled mo-cap skeletons and see if that would work with the models. It would be a lot better then guessing how arms ,legs and head should move. One thing I really like is the metal textures, those look amazing, great work on those !

For me, when i think of a shaman, I think more nature, green nature , not so much lightning. Entanglement from vines, controller of birds, bugs , snake dps spell, healing from a ritual. The keeper of the wind, dps cc water flood spell, just off the top of my head.
    Bachelor's in Web Design and Multimedia
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Not bad, i like the game's artstyle in general -but at the same time this looks sort of bland.
    Hopefully they'll add a ton more of particle and ambiente stuff, even though that will make the PvP'ers cry again about FPS loss.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025
    Sort of a mishmash of conventional abilities from other games but I've never really blamed games for doing that as long as it's interesting and fun. All in all a nice little twist to the druid with mechanics proven fun already. Not quite going somewhere completely new like CU but diff game so an observation and not a critique.

You stay sassy!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Raquis said:

It's possible to pay with PayPal or Bitcoins too. With PayPal I think that we can transfer money from a bank account to the PayPal account and then use this amount for the payment.
    Yes you can. Some countries also have limited Visa cards you buy with a fixed amount on for stuff like this which allows you to pay directly even if you for some reason can't get a normal card or don't feel to use it online.

Another option would be to contact the customer service and ask if you can't pay them with a bank to bank transfer, they might accept it, smaller companies are usually more flexible there.

If the game is on steam you can also buy steam money in your local gaming store, you get a code just like when you are filling a cash card for your cellphone or buying a time code for Wow or a gem card for GW2.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    This game is starting to remind me 100% of Wiz 101,,why you ask?

Well just like in W101,i never had any complaints with their animation and art team,i actually gave them high props and this game seems to be equally as good.However it is the actual game and game play design that again seems to be TOO simple.Example the Druid looks great,no complaints,the animations seem solid but that is not nearly enough.

Example simply having some mobs on a map and being able to kill them with your abilities is not good enough,i need to see in depth combat systems and in depth game play and design surrounding the same ideas.one simple example....WHY am i killing those mobs and WHY did i choose that shown ability?just because it is powerful?Then i ask WHY is it powerful?it should NOT always have the same effect,there SHOULD be various resistances and abilities to MISS or fizzle etc etc,or reasons to NOT use your most powerful abilities ..."just because",i could go on and on trying to explain it but again not my job to design this game for them.

Otherwise just like W101,it becomes very monotonous after a very short period of time because nothing ever changes,it is the same old each and every time.

It would take me a novel sized book to explain really good game play and design and combat depth,it is not my job to do so,i only want to see it in games that are trying to sell their product to me,it is THEIR job.Now in fairness,it is quite possible there is going to be more to this games design and they are just not good at explaining or omitting a lot of information but really they should be on top of their advertising or it fails to deliver.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Hmm not really impressed, kind of reassured my decision to pass on this game. For one thing the casting was ridiculously slow for combat healing. So nice of the bad guys to just stand there and patiently wait while the champion takes 2 minutes out of the fight to go stand next to the druid and wait for the healing rain to cast and take effect. Healing orbs are again a major fail, they have been done before in other games and always prove to be a very poor choice for the fast pace of battle healing.

Movement and animations seem wrong but just can't get my finger on what my eye is telling me.

Particle effects are pretty weak and pathetic, and what was worse was him building up to them " get ready for this big explosion " Good God, when your effects are that bad do not be drawing attention to them.

Character model, ok seriously we have seen it over and over in games lately, enough with the poster paint style of character design. The models are flat uninteresting and drawing attention to the fact the armor looks painted on really is not a selling factor.

Oh and where was the particles for the chain lightning? That could have been the one bright spot in the video but it has no particle effect, not even a line of light connecting all the targets to show the link? Weak
    Doug_B said:
    For me, when i think of a shaman, I think more nature, green nature , not so much lightning. Entanglement from vines, controller of birds, bugs , snake dps spell, healing from a ritual. The keeper of the wind, dps cc water flood spell, just off the top of my head.
    Yea I agree it's a different kind of "Druid" than what we can generally see. It seems to be consistent with all the other inconsistencies of Crowfall =P The Legionnaire is a Centaur that push people around and heal allies, the Immortal Heroes can lose their "body" permanently, the God of Life "Gaea" is dead... 

I love this kind of setting where elements are inspired from other stories or games, but twisted a little ^^
    psiic said:
    Oh and where was the particles for the chain lightning? That could have been the one bright spot in the video but it has no particle effect, not even a line of light connecting all the targets to show the link? Weak

• Doug_BDoug_B Member UncommonPosts: 153
    I thought this was a shaman and not a druid. Druid is an elemental type class , and ashaman is more nature. Maybe this is why I was confused witht he skill sets.
    Bachelor's in Web Design and Multimedia
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    psiic said:

Movement and animations seem wrong but just can't get my finger on what my eye is telling me.
    I thought the same, but couldn't really nail it down. It's like the character is sort of detached from the game world, but the again it's not...
    I've had a similar impression when i played GW2, but in that game it was the character's skating.

Can't tell what it is with the animations here, hopefully they'll give it some polish.

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Volgore said:
    psiic said:

I thought the same, but couldn't really nail it down. It's like the character is sort of detached from the game world, but the again it's not...
    I've had a similar impression when i played GW2, but in that game it was the character's skating.

Can't tell what it is with the animations here, hopefully they'll give it some polish.
    I think some of them are just too slow paced.  It's like they are moving through molasses.

As far as looks/style: I really liked the casting animations, but I found the walking/running/idle horrible.
  • nondogg13nondogg13 Member UncommonPosts: 41

Doug_B said:

I thought this was a shaman and not a druid. Druid is an elemental type class , and ashaman is more nature. Maybe this is why I was confused witht he skill sets.

im sorry but shaman implies healing not nature, and druid is the more nature based of the two. neither class should have elemental power but the fact that people keep saying lightning has no link to nature are retarded.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    edited May 2016

psiic said:

Strange actually did not see that bolt when I watched the original video twice. I am man enough to admit I missed one. Might want to make it more elemental feeling though, maybe slow down the arc.
    psiic said:

psiic said:

Strange actually did not see that bolt when I watched the original video twice. I am man enough to admit I missed one. Might want to make it more elemental feeling though, maybe slow down the arc.
    Yea I agree that it may be just too fast and slowing it down a bit would make it look better. The GIF is at 0,7x speed or something like that so it's easier to notice. =P
    edited May 2016
    Is looking really nice so far. My only worry is that they were planning on doing some skill calculations client side due to server overhead (lag!), and we know with some recent titles how bad that turns out.
    In the monthly Q&A of May, ACE explains that they're using server-side physics instead of having the calculations made on players' machine and that the servers are authoritative to prevent cheating.

What they've written in a recent update is that they plan to improve the client-prediction and as far as I know this tech has no impact on cheat prevention.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

psiic said:

psiic said:

Still looks weak. I'm sure they are keeping the particles low for mass pvp, but still, they are subpar. Those would barely look acceptable in the 90s.

Dullahan said:

psiic said:

psiic said:

Still looks weak. I'm sure they are keeping the particles low for mass pvp, but still, they are subpar. Those would barely look acceptable in the 90s.
    We all have different preferences and priorities. Mine are focused on large-scale PvP battles and strategic features and I don't care much about eye candy. In many areas (especially the animations) the CF developers already surpassed by expectations.

Gameplay / performances > shiny graphics