Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I did the unthinkable last night!

pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
My  first forum thread i feel so fancy lol

Anyway,played the beta for like 10 mins logged out  was not really interested. The power of being sick of the same ole mmo's can be pretty strong at times so last night said screw it and bought black desert,regardless of all the negative i heard while doing research on the game.

Played for a couple hours last night and so far feels good,really nice to log into a game and have that wonder and awe as you learn how to use game systems and such unlike so many mmo's where you log in and in a couple hours your level 30 and there is literally nothing to learn.In a lot of ways it reminds me of the Witcher 3 in the sense that it's obvious the world is the real star of the game.

Really looking forward to the breathe of fresh air and my adventure with the game!

Comments

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516
    edited May 2016
    So you have not heard of all the hacks that are client side and cooler skill reducing hacks that now prevail in this game? I even have a guy in thediscord I use that apparently writes scripts for bots for it, needless to say he sits with others in a different room channel and not mine. These people are making thousands btw while ruining others gameplay.

GG. Hope you play the game for solo now and again fun and nothing else as I am sure you will find nothing but pain at later stages.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Enjoy your honeymoon.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Geez, you guys are like hyenas.

Let him have fun. 

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Amazing game,

Have fun.  =)
    edited May 2016
    Bloodaxes said:

Let him have fun. 
    A good person would not let someone suffer like that. All the time he may put into the game to then be shafted and come to realisation much later than needed, by being helped by people in the know instead of ignoring such matters. I guess we let him suffer and play ignorance instead of helping the poor guy :D

p.s I loved the game also, fishing was epic for me dunno why but I liked it :D but on the other side of the coin I will not play in such a cheat infested shit hole of a game.
  • ElirionLothElirionLoth Member UncommonPosts: 308
    I've been playing since beta.  I really enjoy the game.  I haven't seen all of these hacks in game that everyone keeps fretting over.  Ignore them and have fun.  It's a great game.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    wyldmagik said:
    So you have not heard of all the hacks that are client side and cooler skill reducing hacks that now prevail in this game? I even have a guy in thediscord I use that apparently writes scripts for bots for it, needless to say he sits with others in a different room channel and not mine. These people are making thousands btw while ruining others gameplay.

GG. Hope you play the game for solo now and again fun and nothing else as I am sure you will find nothing but pain at later stages.
    Holy cow. Straight for the throat.  Let the guy enjoy himself a bit.  I play and haven't been bothered by anyones hacks.  PvP is a long way off and there are a lot of other things to enjoy.

I self identify as a monkey.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    The hate is still strong. 
    mgilbrtsn said:
    wyldmagik said:

Holy cow. Straight for the throat.  Let the guy enjoy himself a bit.  I play and haven't been bothered by anyones hacks.  PvP is a long way off and there are a lot of other things to enjoy.
    I am sorry if it is a bit harsh and direct for some people. I tend to call it as it is :(

But as I did say it is fun if you just do your own thing and don't want no more for the game. Otherwise it gets problematic.
  • Bluefear77Bluefear77 Member UncommonPosts: 112
    wyldmagik said:
    Bloodaxes said:

Let him have fun. 
    A good person would not let someone suffer like that. All the time he may put into the game to then be shafted and come to realisation much later than needed, by being helped by people in the know instead of ignoring such matters. I guess we let him suffer and play ignorance instead of helping the poor guy :D

p.s I loved the game also, fishing was epic for me dunno why but I liked it :D but on the other side of the coin I will not play in such a cheat infested shit hole of a game.
    You are a true altruist.

Only if the world, and these forums, had more people like you.

OP enjoy the game. Try not to let miserable people influence you if you are having fun.
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    If you like BDO, I highly recommend you try out Overwatch
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    wyldmagik said:

if you spend anytime on these forums it's almost impossible to not know about that. i'm playing mostly for the crafting and open world actually.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Now Overwatch is a really solid game. 

But not in the MMO kind of way =P 

This have been a good conversation

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    If you like BDO, I highly recommend you try out Overwatch
    I don't know what to say.   I feel I have to respond but do not know the words. .. so that is it.  I have to go scrub my tongue or something. . so confused.  

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    I'm taking my time and learning the game so I am still having fun. I hope that I find level 50 as fun but I confess that I am worried.
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • DkompozeDkompoze Member UncommonPosts: 245
    edited May 2016
    Archlyte said:
    I'm taking my time and learning the game so I am still having fun. I hope that I find level 50 as fun but I confess that I am worried.
    Dont be worried, these are guys just whining to hate on the game. There are cheaters, hackers,botters or whatever but if you are looking to moslty pve and craft, for the most part you wont see any of these people or they will have a minimal affect on your game play if at all. I have been playing since beta and have run into maybe 1 possible cheater. i Know there are more but they have had no affect on my game play. Granted i dont really pvp much and supposedly that the rock most of them live under.

Just have fun with the game i see more talk about these cheaters than i actually see cheaters in game and i have overr 70+ days played, so yea
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    wyldmagik said:
    mgilbrtsn said:
    wyldmagik said:

I am sorry if it is a bit harsh and direct for some people. I tend to call it as it is :(

But as I did say it is fun if you just do your own thing and don't want no more for the game. Otherwise it gets problematic.
     "Calling it like it is" - another way to say you enjoy being rude to people?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240
    It's a great game, has the best 'world' I think I've ever played in, and the life skills take crafting and associated skills to another level not seen since Vanguard closed it's doors.

There are problems, big ones, but this is not the thread :) Have fun.
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    hes obviously trollbaiting. 
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    This thread made me both laugh and punch my cat.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    edited May 2016
    I also do unthinkable things at night. But you don't want me to post about that!

Anyway, nice to see someone starting with the game and enjoing it. Which package did you go with? Any plans to give yourself an easier start by visiting the item shop?

*Edit: would be interesting to read about your first impressions after a week or so.

• pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    Volgore said:
    I also do unthinkable things at night. But you don't want me to post about that!

Anyway, nice to see someone starting with the game and enjoing it. Which package did you go with? Any plans to give yourself an easier start by visiting the item shop?

*Edit: would be interesting to read about your first impressions after a week or so.
    bought the travelers pack for the most part i tend to ignore most cash shops but ya never know.
  • Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    You should watch TheLazyPeon YouTube video "Why I quit BDO".

He's an intelligent guy. The game managed to make him spend over 200 Euros in the cash shop.

It's a very entertaining and enlightening video.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    The problems with hacking is a big deal (OP already said he was aware of it), but it only affects endgame.

Also, I haven't yet encountered an "I quit" thread from someone that quit because of the hacking.  Most people that quit at endgame quit because they're bored, which is the same reason anyone quits any MMO.

Bottomline: Not many people would say you don't get $30 worth of game out of BDO.  Even if when you hit 50, you were relentlessly spawn camped by hacking botters nonstop (this doesn't happen), the time spent up to that point would be worth it.
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 915
    what game ? beta ?