Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ready to Hit the Ground Running on June 10th

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616

imageReady to Hit the Ground Running on June 10th

Daybreak Game Company has announced the official launch date for Landmark as June 10th. Those playing the closed beta with any one of the founders' packs will have automatic access to the game on launch. Those using a shared beta key have the option to upgrade. Founders' Packs will continue to be sold through June 6th.

Read the full story here

Comments

• killahinstinctkillahinstinct Member UncommonPosts: 28
    doubt anyone is interested in landmark anymore
  • hasho83hasho83 Member UncommonPosts: 84
    they are so arrogant ....i hope ppl remember what they did,and no one buys theyr stuff anymore .
  • teratyateratya Member UncommonPosts: 347
    No interest now that Next is gone.

John - "Looks like your going to have to close it yourself, SHITTY!!!!"

• toolaktoolak Member UncommonPosts: 154
    They certainly have some big balls.
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    what hapened my EQN :(
  • DarkpigeonDarkpigeon Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Utterly shambolic, the entire affair. Daybreak have been an utter disappointment time and again, this is aside from them misleading and lying to their consumer base.
  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Trying to milk cash from a debunked and trashed concept.. Their arrogance has no bounds it seems.
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    Another release? I fail to see a new set of Founder's packages though. Wasted opportunity if you ask me.
  • Binny45Binny45 Member UncommonPosts: 522
    Can't bring myself to play it now that EQNext is off the table. I just don't see the point any more.

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Huh? Everquest Next Landmark , Landmark, Landing on June on the mark of 10days? Let me know what happens.
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    Landmark WAS an interesting building game. In building stuff it had some chops. However, as a long term fun game it is lacking. Yes, they have added elements of pvp and pve. However, there is not much of either for it to qualify as a "fun" game. Great to try but not a long life.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    It's going to hit the ground all right, but I suspect the velocity involved is going to preclude any running.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited May 2016
    What if somebody launched a new MMO and no-one came?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DeathFromAboveDeathFromAbove Member UncommonPosts: 112
    No thank you.
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    Hit the ground running huh? You mean like Daybreak ran away with all the money people spent on this and then canceled the project? They must be releasing this mess as some sort of legal protection against a class action suit or something because this game has no point to it any more. It won't get any further real development anyway. DOA, RIP.
  • feroshusferoshus Member UncommonPosts: 164
    So much truth in these comments, makes me remember why I love this site (sometimes). The worst part is we won't even be able to show Daybreak what a terrible game company they are, because they don't care. They're just a shallow holding corp. tasked with stripping what's left of SOE bare, then we'll (hopefully) never hear from them again...
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    So no Early Access for the $60 Explorer pack holders? Just the more expensive $99 pack? Really? I purchased a pack a week or two after they announced available. Oh the fool I was. I wanted to check this out at launch, but only super pack buyers and whales will have access to the best plots days before everyone else. Why bother now?

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    I only funded landmark due to daybreak saying it was the building blocks for eqn. Now that eqn is dead daybreak can kiss my ass.

Took my money and didn't do shit.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

Siphaed said:

So no Early Access for the $60 Explorer pack holders? Just the more expensive $99 pack? Really? I purchased a pack a week or two after they announced available. Oh the fool I was. I wanted to check this out at launch, but only super pack buyers and whales will have access to the best plots days before everyone else. Why bother now?

I think you will be ok, there will be less than 10 plots gone when you log in
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Hit the ground running?  more like hit the ground take two steps and fall flat on face.
  • YukmarcYukmarc Member UncommonPosts: 165
    Siphaed said:
    Be happy that you, like me, only spent $60 on this POS.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    DrunkWolf said:
    Hit the ground running?  more like hit the ground take two steps and fall flat on face.
    This game has already had its two steps;  its legs are shot.  All it can do now is impact the ground directly with its face.
  • darkheartsdarkhearts Member UncommonPosts: 159

doubt anyone is interested in landmark anymore

Have the trailblazer pack and wont even be touching this again.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Kyleran said:
    What if somebody launched a new MMO and no-one came?

Sounds like a very impotent game!
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I'm a trailblazer but I lost interest in this game a while ago. It's just very very... Fuster clucked is the best way I can describe it.

They could learn from Trove how to make a successful and well rounded Voxel MMORPG.

I'll still check out the launch but I logged in last week and wasn't impressed with where it's come. The building tools are still incredible but as a game it feels too thrown together.