Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i'm a dummy

Doug_BDoug_B Member UncommonPosts: 153
edited June 2016 in Rift
Logged into the right account and all my stuff was there >.<
Bachelor's in Web Design and Multimedia
Post edited by Doug_B on

Comments

• stimulus999stimulus999 Member UncommonPosts: 35
    ah they must have got rid of seastone finally lol. been talking about doin that forever.  They did the name thing a month or two ago. purged all inactive names.
    ive been warned .lol
  • Doug_BDoug_B Member UncommonPosts: 153
    Seastone still exists ... I was taken off seastone, just to transfer back...
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Contact support if you have missing items. I have not experience this problem. I did hear people gone for very long time from Rift did. Not same problem and did had the problem on missing character as it was on some other server.
    edited June 2016
    i'm a dummy
    Post edited by Doug_B on
  • gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    did you try emailing them? Perhaps your account is compromised.
  • UruketoUruketo Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Yea, it sounds like a compromised account to me. If you are free to play, your level of support is there just limited. If you are a paying customer then they bump you to the front of the line. As a paying customer I think the longest I have waited is a few hours for help. While a friend of mine who is free to play has had to wait a week or more for similar issues.

Uruketo, 70 Bard/Ninja/Warrior
    <Grievance> Free Company
    Final Fantasy XIV - Midgardsormr
    http://www.grievancegaming.com/

edited June 2016
    i'm a dummy
    Post edited by Doug_B on
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Doug_B said:
    I can't even be bothered. My time was not important to Trion.
    its not just Trion though they are pretty bad nowadays but all companies in general customer service has degraded over the years. To many games in the genre and to many gambles on player base size/income to hire a full on support staff. You can blame free to play and the myriad of clone games that released from all over the world for that. About the only game I've played over the last couple of years with decent support still was wow but even they took forever to respond to a ticket. If your time is important good luck finding a decent mmo that has actual fast and helpful support. 
  • pinktailzpinktailz Member UncommonPosts: 173
    Why you even bother to post there guys? It is such a douche: didn't play for years and game gone thru a lot of mechanics changes and he expect  to have it exactly as when he left; and when people suggest stuff and try to help he is "can't be bothered", what the purpose of this thread then lol
    cronius77 said:
    Doug_B said:
    its not just Trion though they are pretty bad nowadays but all companies in general customer service has degraded over the years. To many games in the genre and to many gambles on player base size/income to hire a full on support staff. You can blame free to play and the myriad of clone games that released from all over the world for that. About the only game I've played over the last couple of years with decent support still was wow but even they took forever to respond to a ticket. If your time is important good luck finding a decent mmo that has actual fast and helpful support. 
    AoC  probably has had the best support. I've gone through 3 server merges and never lost any items or time. They don't don't do a good job on cheaters, but everything else they have been great with support.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Doug_B said:
    Think after 20 years of a genre existing, if a publisher/ developer ccan't have the common sense to insure peoples time is valued, then why go through support fire hoops, really. If they can't do it right , then they don't deserve to be paid.

could you imagine being incharge of updating a website, losing all content in the process and expect to be paid ? Never gonna happen.

I'm at point now in this genre, if the developer isn't going to do it right, or take the time to figure out the problem, they are dead to me. seems harsh, but my time is important and im' done wasting it on developers who don't really care.
    Hehe, what world you been living in?  In the real world  ff11 erases characters when you lose an account.  BDO didn't know they shouldn't put hp/mana/cooldowns client side.  Archeage didn't know much of anything, and WOW doesn't even have a copy of vanilla.  Thats what we are facing every day as gamers.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Doug_B said:
    Logged into rift,

my name was gone on all my character - never recieved an e-mail about names
    I was on Seastone - they transferred me off seastone and placed on the trial server (just to transfer back to seastone)
    I choose a name and log in - all but 1 of my mounts are gone

I look at my new name, I look at my mounts that vanished, and I came to the conclusion that Trion really is logically moronic, and preceded to uninstal.

Anyone else have this type of experience or is my experience an isolated incident ?
    Happened to me too. I contacted support, got all my stuff back in couple of days and even some extras as a welcome back package! 

Rift changed, you are correct - game is much better these days. 
  • brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975
    I don't think having a problem, then being too bothered to do anything about it is exactly something wrong with the game.  I mean, I've had things like that happen a couple times in other games.  You just contact support, get it fixed, and play the game if you like it.  As far as the game goes, they've added a lot to it, new areas, levels, etc.  I don't think it's worse at all.  Mostly more of the same, sure.  But it was a pretty good game in the first place, so that doesn't seem that bad.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Doug_B said:
    Think after 20 years of a genre existing, if a publisher/ developer ccan't have the common sense to insure peoples time is valued, then why go through support fire hoops, really. If they can't do it right , then they don't deserve to be paid.

could you imagine being incharge of updating a website, losing all content in the process and expect to be paid ? Never gonna happen.

I'm at point now in this genre, if the developer isn't going to do it right, or take the time to figure out the problem, they are dead to me. seems harsh, but my time is important and im' done wasting it on developers who don't really care.

Perhaps they should charge a $2.00 fee to keep your character and stuff around.  And if you decide not to pay, then they can delete everything.  Think of it as a service.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Doug_B said:

So you complain and when someone suggests a reasonable action you have an excuse.  Wow.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

Being sloppy doesn't deserve recognition. I can see those who have no issue in wasting time, must have a ton of time to waste.
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 915
    Also the game cost a fortune if you want to play the game full

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I have a lot of MMO accounts 5 or more years old and when I do log into some of them after 2 or 3 years of not playing they are just as I left them without anything missing and most of the time without server merges (I usually log in before those if needed).  That's the way it works in most MMO's I play, and believe it or not it's the norm.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Doug_B said:
    Being sloppy doesn't deserve recognition. I can see those who have no issue in wasting time, must have a ton of time to waste.
    Yes, and thats why you decided to go here and create Rift hate thread. Dont forget all the other sites where people are also anxious to hear your completely ridiculous complaint and refusal to do anything to fix it. 
    edited June 2016
    Gave them a second chance .... they  tell me nothing existed on the account.

The armor is also missing as well as the weapon.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    lol wow, not many game companies do this these days. I never could get into this game after it launched so w/e.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

It was me, was logging into the wrong account.... >.<
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I also logged in tonight and found everything right in place. Some specs were re-set, but nothing was missing.

I roamed around a bit and noticed that the graphics aged really bad. There is something about how the games's visuals are build that doesn't work for me anymore.
    Don't know...the way mid range blends into long range distance when you look into the map from a higher spot somewhere, the foggy horizon, color palette... i can't put my finger on it, but i can't take the graphics anymore.
    While nothing in particular is really bad, something is way off with the overall look and style of the game.

Good thing was that i played in 2560x1080 with every single videosetting on max and had great fps allover the place. The new multicore feature seems to work quite well.