Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Preview of Valencia's Desert and Sieges

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageA Preview of Valencia's Desert and Sieges

Valencia is the next major content expansion coming to Black Desert Online soon, and in anticipation we spoke to Daum Games about the laundry list of new content, changes, and of course... sieges!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    edited May 2016
    Sigh, we were told sieges would come out only a month after the NA/EU launch. Yet, here we are months later and it's still getting pushed back. In a game with such an intense burnout with never-ending grinding there needs to be the incentive/enjoyment factor to keep people playing. Even general pvp and gvg encounters aren't enough as they get old, evidence by the declining population (simply look at server channels not getting crowded anymore) and the many guilds departing or falling apart.

Attempting to launch sieges with the current system in KR was admirable, but a bad idea since it took this long. I'd much rather have unimproved content for several months than none at all. This game has/had so much potential to be more than a "temporary stay for pvpers until CU/Crowfall." Yet, it's not holding up to it thus far.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • Bluefear77Bluefear77 Member UncommonPosts: 112
    The update sounds amazing. I cannot wait.

Now I need to stop crafting and level a character to 50+!
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    This is going to be good.
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    edited May 2016
    I think there was a typo here:

The smaller of the sieges, called Node Wars, will happen 6 days

Did you mean every 6 days?
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Hooray for more things to do with broken systems? 
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Can't wait.
  • ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    so does the guy from Daum not know how Purified Water is made or are they changing it to Distilled Water?
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    Glad they took the buy order idea so many people wanted. It was one thing I liked about GW2s market system.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384
    Yep sounds great, oh wait.....
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266

Thourne said:

so does the guy from Daum not know how Purified Water is made or are they changing it to Distilled Water?

It's the same thing. Distilled water is a method of purifying water, one of many methods. Besides, this is what they called it in KR so no sense in changing if it people already recognize the term.
  • ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    Leiloni said:

Thourne said:

It's the same thing. Distilled water is a method of purifying water, one of many methods. Besides, this is what they called it in KR so no sense in changing if it people already recognize the term.
    They are different items in the game.
    Distilled Water is made via processing by Heating while Purified Water is made via processing by Thinning.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    With the update there will be nodes that let you put workers for the water so you won't have to fill them yourself.

Thank god for that as it was one bottle at a time.

• DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384
    God this game sounds so lame, I m so glad I quit when I did.
  • ApridiseApridise Member UncommonPosts: 71

Deltois said:

God this game sounds so lame, I m so glad I quit when I did.

I'm sure what ever your playing we feel the same about.
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    More and more i keep thinking i need to give this game a second chance and see if it sticks with me
  • loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    I wish I had time to play this game, already own it but no time to dig in..! My little experience is very good and the new content sounds very promising! I can't understand why people whine about it...

• Doug_BDoug_B Member UncommonPosts: 153
    Best mmorpg I've played since shadowbane.
    Bachelor's in Web Design and Multimedia
  • lostxnlostxn Member UncommonPosts: 13
    edited May 2016

The update sounds amazing. I cannot wait.

Now I need to stop crafting and level a character to 50+!

Finally, did the quest to pop 50 about a week ago. Like you, can't wait for the update, but so much to do and not enough free time to do it. Stockpiling silver in case I don't want to have to try to get my equipment maxed out and just want to buy it - lol
  • caine6621caine6621 Member UncommonPosts: 210
    Did he say that it will be safe to enhance your equipment to +17?

There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Doug_B said:
    Best mmorpg I've played since shadowbane.
    Pretty much tells me you have not played any game since then.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Can anyone tell me if +15 Grunil and about 110 AP is enough to solo/small group Valencia Content at level 54/55? That's about where I will be when this launches.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • loghorizon01loghorizon01 Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Leiloni said:
    I think there was a typo here:

The smaller of the sieges, called Node Wars, will happen 6 days

Did you mean every 6 days?
    It would be funny if the sieges actually did last for 6 days.
    Blogging here a little bit: http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/loghorizon01
  • healboothealboot Member UncommonPosts: 103
    I have honestly played or given my best shot at playing every MMORPG that has released or went into open beta since 1997 and this one I played least of all. I'm telling you I bought into all the hype and did my fair share for production by purchasing the $100 buy to play beta pack, but it just sucked.

• LigiLigi Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Not bad at all for a game released just a couple a months in west. Never had so much fun since Everquest and with siege guild wars coming I guess this game is shaping up really nice.
  • NordicApacheNordicApache Member UncommonPosts: 134
    All this is fine, but where the hell is our Ninja's and Kinochis?