Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LGBT Community in EVE

grathtelkin4evegrathtelkin4eve Member UncommonPosts: 2

It is always good to see people from all backgrounds in the world of gaming. Gaming itself has always been a big part of diversity on many levels.

EVE which has been a mainstay in the gaming industry has one of the largest LGBT communities in EVE.
The corporation Sniggerdly http://www.sniggerdly.com/  has been a part of EVE since early on and is still going strong.

Sniggerdly and its Pandemic Legion alliance is one of the largest LGBT communities in EVE. Recently they have been a part of taking down Goonswarm Federation an alliance that controlled most of EVE at one time.

As diversity continues to grow, so does gaming itself.

For more information on this community please visit sniggerdly.com

Comments

• Xeno.phonXeno.phon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Here is a thought, your sexual preference is your own problem and should not be forced on all of society for attention. I never understood why LGBT people felt the need to bring their sexuality into everyday society and throw it in everyones faces.

Pretty sure its not OK to walk down the streets shouting "I Fuck, now you better accept me or pay!" is not something a stable mind would think was ok to do.

Also, above all else, keep this shit out of gaming. Dont need it, dont want it DONT CARE. I truly dont give a shit if people are LGBT or straight, these are issues for the real world. Bring this hipster bullshit into games is just bad form and drama queening.
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    Who cares? Why do people feel the need to set themselves apart and pretend to be special? I don't see how who you screw is one bit relevant to anything gaming related so why do people form guilds based on something like that? I have less than zero interest in who you sleep with so please feel free to keep that information to yourself there self important LGBT community. This is why your fight for equality gets so much grief because you don't want equality, you want special treatment. You LGBTLMNOPXYZ's, the radical feminists and the black lives matter people can all collectively piss off already. All you do is make things worse as you beg for attention in your quest for special treatment disguised as "diversity". Shut up already please. 
  • koboldfodderkoboldfodder Member UncommonPosts: 447
    if you ever faced any type of discrimination, racism, or sexism in the past you would know exactly why.  Clearly, you have not.
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    if you ever faced any type of discrimination, racism, or sexism in the past you would know exactly why.  Clearly, you have not.
    Oh please, don't people like you ever get tired of playing the victim card? It is not required that everyone like you, I'm sorry sweetheart. Everyone no matter what race, gender or sexual preference has had to deal with someone that didn't like them for some reason. Get over it and get on with your life already. The world does not revolve around you no matter how much you think you are a special snowflake.
  • DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479
    I have faced discrimination and been yelled at for my desires also. Was not fair either. 

I don't like fat , obese , out of shape women and was told that was being "shallow" and "not fair". It was terrifying to have wilder-beast women yell at me for saying they were not attractive to me.

My odd desire for only in shape and hot women (Asian preferably like my wife) , has been ridiculed and labeled as "sizesm".

It's time we , the lovers of attractive and hot (preferably Asian) women stand up and not allow this discrimination any more.

Parade of only hot attractive in shape (preferably Asian) women needs  to happen NOW.

Please ?
  • PagoasPagoas Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Thanks for the heads up about your gaming communities.  I don't play EVE online or else I'd definitely look you guys up.  My husband didn't care for it and I prefer to play duo-friendly games with him.  We all deserve an environment to play with the ones we love.

• SomeguynamedSomeguynamed Member UncommonPosts: 69
    I already knew everyone in PL is gay
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Why does it need to be brought up on the internet?  I don't care, neither does anyone else.  Labels labels labels.   Seems stupid.
  • pantheronpantheron Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Dahkoht said:
    I have faced discrimination and been yelled at for my desires also. Was not fair either. 

I don't like fat , obese , out of shape women and was told that was being "shallow" and "not fair". It was terrifying to have wilder-beast women yell at me for saying they were not attractive to me.

My odd desire for only in shape and hot women (Asian preferably like my wife) , has been ridiculed and labeled as "sizesm".

It's time we , the lovers of attractive and hot (preferably Asian) women stand up and not allow this discrimination any more.

Parade of only hot attractive in shape (preferably Asian) women needs  to happen NOW.

Please ?
    When is the parade, and where is it? I'll by tickets. 

I play MMOs for the Forum PVP

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    edited May 2016
    If i reveal in game chats that i come from muslim background people stop talking to me. In my country the moment i reveal i don't believe in any kid of religion and instead i believe in co-existence in harmony of all humans, i get shit load of slurs thrown at me for being a heathen; from all kind of religious folks. People left food table during a festival because i sat on the same table with them. I have been threatened to be beheaded or slowly tortured to death until i return to faith and a lot more. Do you want to read more?

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• TemperHSTemperHS Member UncommonPosts: 72
    edited May 2016
    Pagoas said:
    We all deserve an environment to play with the ones we love.
    I agree.

However, there is no reason why someone who is LGBT needs to advertise that to the entire gaming community in whatever game they happen to be involved with at the time.

When you begin playing an online game nobody knows your sexual preference anyway, until you make them aware of it, at which point you've chosen to open yourself up to potential ridicule, inappropriate comments and trolling of the highest caliber (often leading to outright harassment).

I have gay friends, I have lesbian friends. I consider them the same as any of my other friends, we're all human beings after all. That having been said, I don't agree with publicizing ones sexual preferences online in a gaming environment. It isn't necessary and just creates controversy and drama.  

People that do this are attention seekers, plain and simple.
  • DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Who gives a flying shit what your sexual preference is OP. Did you get the attention you so desperately are seeking? How bout just play your games as......gasp.....a gamer.

Gimme a break....

• AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600

It is always good to see people from all backgrounds in the world of gaming. Gaming itself has always been a big part of diversity on many levels.

EVE which has been a mainstay in the gaming industry has one of the largest LGBT communities in EVE.
    The corporation Sniggerdly http://www.sniggerdly.com/  has been a part of EVE since early on and is still going strong.

Sniggerdly and its Pandemic Legion alliance is one of the largest LGBT communities in EVE. Recently they have been a part of taking down Goonswarm Federation an alliance that controlled most of EVE at one time.

As diversity continues to grow, so does gaming itself.

For more information on this community please visit sniggerdly.com

I't ok i knew this forum had a lot of closed minded people here, I mean some don't even understand Twitch i get why people from the LGBT community would make their own guild.

I would join but you're playing a game i will never play, shame.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I do daily and feel no need to run around yelling, look at me, Im oppressed and discriminated. 
  • FFFGFFFG Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Next the "safe space" kids will start protesting until their subscription is paid for by everyone else.  They will also demand their own server where everything is handed to them.  

• toolaktoolak Member UncommonPosts: 154
    edited May 2016
    How can you tell is someone playing an online game is LGBT? 

DON'T WORRY THEY WILL TELL YOU!

I miss the days when ppl kept their personal lives personal. Had a few LGBT friends growing up, no biggie they kept it personal and it never bothered anyone. Now it's all about throwing it in everyone's faces and if you voice any kind of negative opinion about it then you are an attacker and hate monger. Excuse me if I don't like my 8 yo son watching 2 drag queens making out hardcover on the street. 
    If i reveal in game chats that i come from muslim background people stop talking to me. In my country the moment i reveal i don't believe in any kid of religion and instead i believe in co-existence in harmony of all humans, i get shit load of slurs thrown at me for being a heathen; from all kind of religious folks. People left food table during a festival because i sat on the same table with them. I have been threatened to be beheaded or slowly tortured to death until i return to faith and a lot more. Do you want to read more?
    FYI if a person mentions they are a Christian in a video game chat it's none stop hating on them, if a person mentions they are gay same.  If a person mentions they support Trump yep you guessed it same thing.  People are toxic in video game chats and forums well all forums get used to it.  

As for your home country well some Muslims Countries go to the extreme on some things.  
  • DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    AnnaTS said:

I't ok i knew this forum had a lot of closed minded people here, I mean some don't even understand Twitch i get why people from the LGBT community would make their own guild.

I would join but you're playing a game i will never play, shame.
      Gimme a break with this open minded crap....big guy.

Nobody is spewing hate here. So why should everybody be forced to agree with someone's lifestyle. So again... gimme a break with this "open mind" crap , bud.

So I wonder how long before people start saying things like "today I identify as a raider, it's not fair I'm not allowed to enter and defeat the hardest raid in the game because of my gear".  
  • Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784
    When are people going to stop lying about having LGBT guilds being about diversity and just admit that it's so you know who you can hit on or not? =P I play a transgender character in my current MMO (a male character that looks like a girl), does that make me special? ;3
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    I just assume everyone on the internet is a gay black trans jewish muslim, and since I treat everyone the same it makes no difference if they are or not. Problem solved.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    FFFG said:
    FYI if a person mentions they are a Christian in a video game chat it's none stop hating on them, if a person mentions they are gay same.  If a person mentions they support Trump yep you guessed it same thing.  People are toxic in video game chats and forums well all forums get used to it.  

As for your home country well some Muslims Countries go to the extreme on some things.  
    That is the point here, people are discriminated everywhere every second but we keep moving, we don't scream around "OMG!!! HATEFUL DISCRIMINATION!!!", we don't play victim card. Life is not fair, i did not get the memo where it said "You will not be discriminated" when i was born.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

FFFG said:

That is the point here, people are discriminated everywhere every second but we keep moving, we don't scream around "OMG!!! HATEFUL DISCRIMINATION!!!", we don't play victim card. Life is not fair, i did not get the memo where it said "You will not be discriminated" when i was born.
    Yep I missed that memo too...There is a certain group of people especially here in the US that feel if your opinions or beliefs are different then you are a racist, bigot and every other word they can think of but at the same time they will do everything thing they can to discriminate against those they disagree with.  Without getting political the national  group in the OP falls into this category...
This discussion has been closed.