Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Describe your dream game design in one sentence

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Something closely resembling SWG, with a better approach to PVE from the get go.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• PhaedruslivesPhaedruslives Member UncommonPosts: 122
    Quazal.A said:
    fully udpated and modern 2016 version of LOTRO / AoC

I think if you could make either play and look at the level of the DS3 or The Witcher 3 then I can't imagine ever leaving them. LOTRO in particular. Given its literal thousands of hours of stuff to do.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    More P&P feeling, world setting that differs from the standard and mechanics that doesn't feel like I already played the game for years the first day.

Shadowrun would make an excellent setting if you created mechanics true to the P&P version. :)
  • BluelinerBlueliner Member UncommonPosts: 158
    updated EQ1, easy not even a full sentence
  • CrattinaCrattina Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I would like a game that was actually properly moderated and taken care of; no hacking or elitism with only healthy competition all wrapped up in a world that you could truly immerse yourself into.

An MORPG with enforced roleplaying would also be great.

Either one of those would be great; however the only enforced roleplaying game i knew removed its enforced roleplaying and turned into a cash grab in 2006 or something; might've been 2008
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    An open world pvp true sandbox with no dev team contact information for children to write to.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    A UGC (user-generated content) MMO; think Minecraft + Landmark + SL + other sandbox virtual worlds, where you can build within the world, and upload your own textures, models, avatars, animations, and scripts, but still within the realm of the developers' fantasy world.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Iselin said:
    Middle Earth Online

If only we would have seen it release =/
    And to think it wasn't going to be a WoW-themepark clone either.  Now we gotta wait until the license expires from Turbine if we ever hope for another.  Just sad.
  • Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    Vanilla WoW.

The closest thing to perfection I have ever experienced. It was so addictive. It was the combination of a lot of things - it was greater than the sum of its parts.
  • RakujiRakuji Member UncommonPosts: 144
    I would like a Super Hero vs Super Villian sandbox game with some epic powers with a destructible enviorment and high fast paced combat.

Kick to the Face.

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,429
    Vanilla WoW with slowed down progression, meaningful PvP, and emphasized crafting.
  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Why obviously, the game where I can pick and choose from companions who don't annoy me and exclude all others.

I'll call this game "Judgment, the Superiority Complex." Many of you will not be allowed to register accounts.
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    Why obviously, the game where I can pick and choose from companions who don't annoy me and exclude all others.

I'll call this game "Judgment, the Superiority Complex." Many of you will not be allowed to register accounts.
    I will get VIP access, though, right?
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    EVE Online circa 2008 or Age of Conan that had been fully financially and creatively supported since launch.
  • siuko_uksiuko_uk Member UncommonPosts: 37
    edited May 2016
    None PVP Futuristic SciFi Exploration PVE Sandbox with endless procedural generated roguelike content

Longer explanation - A mixture of SWG, Diablo, Neocron, No Man's Sky, Defiance (and if we need PvP make it a flagged only type) - possible to use tab targetting or aim based.

Edit : Oh yeah and not a survival sandbox lol :D
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    siuko_uk said:
    None PVP Futuristic SciFi Exploration PVE Sandbox with endless procedural generated roguelike content

Longer explanation - A mixture of SWG, Diablo, No Man's Sky, Defiance (and if we need PvP make it a flagged only type) - possible to use tab targetting or aim based.

Hehe, that's one long sentence :)

Sounds pretty cool except for the no hand-crafted content part.
  • IdiNahuiPidarIdiNahuiPidar Member UncommonPosts: 16
    edited May 2016
    (Survival) Hunt mmorpg.com members who spam personal abuse reports .

• yanzanyanzan Member UncommonPosts: 31
    ..sandbox , no npc`s (player created npc`s maby) , no money as a main goal (microtransactions , coins and crap like that) ,no instances , no loadscreens if possible.
  • meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    DAOC's RvR system (pre-Broadsword) without the PvE leveling and gear grind.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• siuko_uksiuko_uk Member UncommonPosts: 37
    DKLond said:
    siuko_uk said:

Longer explanation - A mixture of SWG, Diablo, No Man's Sky, Defiance (and if we need PvP make it a flagged only type) - possible to use tab targetting or aim based.

Hehe, that's one long sentence :)

Sounds pretty cool except for the no hand-crafted content part.
    Hehe yeah the sentence did ramble on a bit :D

I don't see any issue with hand-crafted content not working with procedural generated content - D3 manages ok in this respect.

I mainly was focusing on the environment and mobs being generated (similar to how it sounds no man's sky will work).
  • collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328
    meddyck said:
    DAOC's RvR system (pre-Broadsword) without the PvE leveling and gear grind.
    Pretty much my thoughts right there.
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,625
    UO: T2A with modern graphics.
  • sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    spikers14 said:
    Brain-to-game world creator
    This could make a decent novel or manga.  But as a game designer, the process is to imagine the results of creating a game from your own current brain, which results in a normal game design.  So it's sort of like you stopped your design process before you got anywhere that would answer the thread question.

Distopia said:
    Something closely resembling SWG, with a better approach to PVE from the get go.
    What kind of setting and plot would you replace the Star Wars IP with?  That would determine whether I was interested in working on a project like this or not.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,703
    Self-balancing multi-faction objective-based open world pvp with deep, interdependent combat and lots and lots of horiztonal progression

AKA vanilla LotRO's Ettenmoors but with more factions and on a much larger scale
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Dark Souls Online.