Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AAAARRRRGGGH!! They can't even make Oblivion a challenge and gotta streamline it for 4 year olds!

Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

This crap is getting sickening.

They take a super high quality game like Elder scrolls 4 and super "pussy-fi" it so that any 4 yeal old won't feel bad if he gets his little azz kicked by a mob. Good grief, Charlie Brown.

I just read a review on the Oblivion forums. The guy says its honetly not that great a game because of things like this... EVERY MOB IS AUTOMATICALLY ADJUSTED TO YOUR LEVEL.. (So you can always win, regardless of what monster you take on). This is total BS is you ask me

So this means your guy could be a complete noob and walk and walk and walk not fighting anything until he finds a great dragon cave (or other super high level mob)... and still possibly WIN the fight. Can you say "GHEY". OMFG this is retarded and just another example of a great game ruined by fear of hurting cry-baby players feelings if they ever get literelly owned even if they were being a total dumbass in the game.

Hell, why even have a game at all for our way too protected players.

We already can die and die and die and die in MMOs now and never suffer any real consequences. Now this. So why don't we just make a game that requires no effort or challenge at all on the players part and simply flashes "YOU WIN!" over and over and over. This way there is NO challenge ever, and the player can take such pride in winning yet another pussy-fied game that has no challenge or realistic consequences what-so-ever.

Frustrated as hell....

- Zaxx

Comments

• axeptaxept Member Posts: 105

So you are going nuts over what a reviewer said? Without even testing it out yourself?

::::12::

Oh and The Elder Scrolls is not a MMO, so why you mentioned the two in the same topic is beyond me.

• panjitpanjit Member Posts: 153

Try watching the Gamespot 12 hour live feed, you will see how wrong you are. He has died a lot and there has been a lot of challenging fights, having the monsters scale does not mean everything is easy to kill and it doesn't seem to detract from the game at all. In future do a little bit of research before reading something 'someone' said on a forum and going off on one.

edit: also I forgot to mention, the game has scalable difficulty levels

• Havoc11Havoc11 Member Posts: 95

Originally posted by zaxtor99

They take a super high quality game like Elder scrolls 4 and super "pussy-fi" it so that any 4 yeal old won't feel bad if he gets his little azz kicked by a mob. Good grief, Charlie Brown.
    I just read a review on the Oblivion forums. The guy says its honetly not that great a game because of things like this... EVERY MOB IS AUTOMATICALLY ADJUSTED TO YOUR LEVEL.. (So you can always win, regardless of what monster you take on). This is total BS is you ask me
    So this means your guy could be a complete noob and walk and walk and walk not fighting anything until he finds a great dragon cave (or other super high level mob)... and still possibly WIN the fight. Can you say "GHEY". OMFG this is retarded and just another example of a great game ruined by fear of hurting cry-baby players feelings if they ever get literelly owned even if they were being a total dumbass in the game.
    We already can die and die and die and die in MMOs now and never suffer any real consequences. Now this. So why don't we just make a game that requires no effort or challenge at all on the players part and simply flashes "YOU WIN!" over and over and over. This way there is NO challenge ever, and the player can take such pride in winning yet another pussy-fied game that has no challenge or realistic consequences what-so-ever.
    Frustrated as hell....

- Zaxx

You haven't even played the game, so you know nothing. I am glad that it is a single player game, so I don't have to deal with people like you whining about everything and ruining the game. BTW, ES3 scaled to your level to, always more cliffracers the higher in combat skills you were. You just made yourself look ignorant by posting this in a general MMORPG forum, the game is single player! You really know nothing about it, and just read one review thinking it was a mmorpg and decided to bitch about it on a MMORPG forum. Good job, really smart. 
  • BuZZKilgoreBuZZKilgore Member Posts: 525

Frustrated as hell....

- Zaxx

Newbimage
  • baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

Isn't it a console game?

Can't really expect it to be too smart.

• axeptaxept Member Posts: 105

Originally posted by baff
    Isn't it a console game?

Console and PC. Was mainly for PC, but the console cam after. Its been graphicly reduced for the console (xbox 360).

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646

Originally posted by axept
    Isn't it a console game?

Console and PC. Was mainly for PC, but the console cam after. Its been graphicly reduced for the console (xbox 360).

That isn't true. The game looks the same on the Pc and the 360. Maybe even better on the 360 since the pc can't handle HD+AA at the same time.

To the OP. I would try the game before you start blasting off like this. The "someone" on forums have said alot that isn't true. And posting in the right forum is also a good idea ::::28::

Can't speak for yours, but my PC has been doing HD + AA for the last 7 years.

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646

Can't speak for yours, but my PC has been doing HD + AA for the last 7 years.

I'm talking about the game. The game doesn't allow computers to have hd+aa enabled at the same time. Due to some errors with video cards.

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

This crap is getting sickening.They take a super high quality game like Elder scrolls 4 and super "pussy-fi" it so that any 4 yeal old won't feel bad if he gets his little azz kicked by a mob. Good grief, Charlie Brown.I just read a review on the Oblivion forums. The guy says its honetly not that great a game because of things like this... EVERY MOB IS AUTOMATICALLY ADJUSTED TO YOUR LEVEL.. (So you can always win, regardless of what monster you take on). This is total BS is you ask meSo this means your guy could be a complete noob and walk and walk and walk not fighting anything until he finds a great dragon cave (or other super high level mob)... and still possibly WIN the fight. Can you say "GHEY". OMFG this is retarded and just another example of a great game ruined by fear of hurting cry-baby players feelings if they ever get literelly owned even if they were being a total dumbass in the game.Hell, why even have a game at all for our way too protected players.We already can die and die and die and die in MMOs now and never suffer any real consequences. Now this. So why don't we just make a game that requires no effort or challenge at all on the players part and simply flashes "YOU WIN!" over and over and over. This way there is NO challenge ever, and the player can take such pride in winning yet another pussy-fied game that has no challenge or realistic consequences what-so-ever.Frustrated as hell....
    - Zaxx

Maybe you should know what youre talking about before you post, instead of just going by what you read. Unlike you I have the game, and I can tell you it is very difficult, MUCH more difficult than Morrowind was. Besides, if you dont like the default difficulty, there is a slider so you can adjust the difficult to make it extremly tough or very easy (I bumped it up about 3/4 of the way because I remember Morrowind being easy and I was getting my ass kicked). Lastly, not every mob is adjusted to your level, most are, but some high level dungeons or dangerous areas will have mobs with specific stats, instead of being 'leveled creatures'.

• ZnithZnith Member Posts: 212

You couldn't be more wrong. I watched about 2 hours of that Gamespot live feed this morning and the guy died numerous times. I don't think he was particularly a bad player either, maybe not the best but by no means does this game look like it's sissified. The mobs/enemies see you at a pretty far distance so you can face 1, 2 or maybe 3 at a time. So tell me that will be easy even if they are the same level as yourself? I highly doubt that.

Get a grip, buy the game and try it for yourself. I bet you find that you are wrong ::::31::

Tnx for the tip Phoenixs
  • RattrapRattrap Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,599

In The Elder scrolls games you are free to roam and explore the world , and go everywhere you please.

You dont have newbie zones and high level zones.

So like this you will not suddenly pop in the area where all the enemies are 40 levels above you ,

But also later in the game you will not return to the areas where enemies are 40 levels below you....

Meaning that monster scale levels means that monster is - always challenging, not always easy

They are giving you something to do always , think about it

"Before this battle is over all the world will know that few...stood against many." - King Leonidas

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    since when is easy gameplay made for kids? thats rediculous.
    You can say as much as you want, but my little nephew still owns the shit out of me at Sould calibur.
  • BissrokBissrok Member Posts: 1,002

There've been a few games that adjust the difficulty depending on how you play. It's meant as a challange. It gets a lot harder if you do well.

• KyorutoKyoruto Member Posts: 794

Wasn't there a RPG like this? Execpt it wasn't EVERY mob. Just the ones that are meant to be lower level anren't and they are your level. I think I remember something like it... I just can't pull it off the tip of my tounge.

Siehst du mich
    Erkennst du mich
    Ganz tief in meinem Herz
    ist noch ein Platz f?r dich
    Ich suche dich
    Ich sehne mich
    nach dem was ich geliebt hab
    doch ich find es nicht

• KasmarKasmar Member Posts: 198

Zaxtor, wait until the game is released before you begin throwing darts at it. I am sure that Bethesda is not going to level every MOB. They have always had leveled dungeons, but not every dungeon is leveled. Did you play Morrowind ?? The mobs there were leveled too. How many times did you die. I was killed several times by road brigands when I was a newbie. Oblivion will not be any different. You can be sure of that.

======================
    It's just me, so open the door.

Originally posted by Phoenixs

I'm talking about the game. The game doesn't allow computers to have hd+aa enabled at the same time. Due to some errors with video cards.

i asked a friend who was playing about this, and he said

I can run it at 1600 x 1200 with the games max 4x AA, the only thing it's not letting me do is have AA and HDR lighting

• t0yb0xt0yb0x Member Posts: 201

This crap is getting sickening.They take a super high quality game like Elder scrolls 4 and super "pussy-fi" it so that any 4 yeal old won't feel bad if he gets his little azz kicked by a mob. Good grief, Charlie Brown.I just read a review on the Oblivion forums. The guy says its honetly not that great a game because of things like this... EVERY MOB IS AUTOMATICALLY ADJUSTED TO YOUR LEVEL.. (So you can always win, regardless of what monster you take on). This is total BS is you ask me*SNIP*bla bla bla- Zaxx

wow... first of all you are posting this in the WRONG forum. secondly your comments are just plain silly. you haven't given the game a chance and are basing your "views" on what someone ELSE said in another forum. have you seen the game in play? have you tried it yourself? before you leap all over it you should do a bit more research.

and try to tone down on the insults, please. it's not terribly attractive.

-t

_______

Now Playing:
    EQ2
    Prior Games (in no order):
    SWG, L2, RO, PT, ROSE, CoH/CoV, AO, UO, EVE, WoW and a bunch of others.
    _______

• porgieporgie Member Posts: 1,516

Originally posted by Phoenixs

What kind of video card do you have? I read an article the other day that said that Nvidia cards won't allow HD and AA on some games. But the ATI card will. Here is a quote from the article and a link to it so you can read it if you like.

"Keep in mind that Nvidia's GeForce 7900 GTX cannot render certain games with both antialiasing and HDRL enabled at the same time. As we showed in 3DMark06, the Radeon X1900 XTX CrossFire's ability to perform both of these functions at the same time improved image quality greatly. The list of HDRL games isn't long at the moment, but it will keep growing"

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6145814/p-7.html

-----------------------
    </OBAMA>

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783
    My friend just got Oblivion today haven't talked to him about it yet but I will go over to his house to check this game out.
  • BoozbazBoozbaz Member Posts: 1,918

The decision to scale the mobs difficulty with the players level actually makes sense to me. When I played morrowind my character got to lvl 60 something and at that point I could just sit there with 5 frost attronachs on me and /yawn. Combat became a bore. So with a scaling system, things wont get to that point unless you really are that good. *shrug* doesn't sound like such a bad idea to me. Maybe in this game (sorry I haven't read all posts yet) has a scale where you can change the difficulty of the mobs. I know they had on in Morrowind.

• AchireAchire Member Posts: 15

And you're surprised why exactly? Remember, they added a compass pointing to the next quest objective to this game because in Morrowind most people were too damn stupid to deliver a package titled "a package to Caius Cosades" to, wait for it, Caius Cosades. Did you make the mistake of expecting some kind of deep roleplaying game in the footsteps of Daggerfall instead of a shallow console action/adventure with some exploration elements thrown in?

Europa / Siege

• BoozbazBoozbaz Member Posts: 1,918

Originally posted by Achire
    And you're surprised why exactly? Remember, they added a compass pointing to the next quest objective to this game because in Morrowind most people were too damn stupid to deliver a package titled "a package to Caius Cosades" to, wait for it, Caius Cosades. Did you make the mistake of expecting some kind of deep roleplaying game in the footsteps of Daggerfall instead of a shallow console action/adventure with some exploration elements thrown in?

I remember playing Morrowind and although the MAIN quests objectives seemed about right as far as directions go, a lot of the side-quests were really vague in the directions and would have people going way the f*** off into some arbritary location. The upside to having the compass is it saves you from travelling PAST your objective. The downside is it takes away that feeling of acomplishment of when you find it on your own. Maybe they have a way of turning the compass off? I don't think many people would really turn it off if given the choise when considering the way we all think anyways. I know I wouldn't.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Frustrated as hell....

- Zaxx

If that would be case blame blizzard they introduce easy as going mmo so 8year olds can play it:p

But you sounds more like a whining wow kid who read something and blindly comment on it with a LOW IQ WHINING TOPIC ABOUT A SOLO GAME:p

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i