Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Describe your dream game design in one sentence

DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
Pretend you had all the money in the world - and you could pick your team at will.

Now, describe the dream game you'd make in one sentence.

Mine?

The ultimate evolution of System Shock.

Comments

• KeenoKeeno Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Meth lab simulator
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Naked girls and Bourbon.

• IdiNahuiPidarIdiNahuiPidar Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Hunt down the mmorpg.com snobs survival. xD
  • Ammon777_newAmmon777_new Member UncommonPosts: 306
    edited May 2016
    Ultima Online III... in 3-D.
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    fully udpated and modern 2016 version of LOTRO / AoC

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• NoxeronNoxeron Member UncommonPosts: 64
    "World of warcraft 2" or maybe "Final Fantasy XIV-2" or even "Star Wars Galaxies 2"...
  • Ammon777_newAmmon777_new Member UncommonPosts: 306
    World of Warcraft 2 would be awesome.
  • GrayPhilosopherGrayPhilosopher Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Ultimate living sandbox
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Old West Sandbox game with Tornadoes, cow towns, and protecting your claim and all. 

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ZhenocnraZhenocnra Member UncommonPosts: 40
    edited May 2016
    .hack (The World) where the impossible becomes possible and an actual real, rampant AI is the villain.

No, not some AI that plays the villain but is an actual "criminal" in the real world (OUR world) doing things that put it on the radars of INTERPOL and world national security agencies. PK paradise for trolls, people to protect for the self-righteous, etc. literally a place for everyone. Not just gamers would be apart of the playing audience. Corporations, federal employees, national entities. It, would, be, hilarious to see how many people make up the pie.

I love that kind of drama but honestly when people let themselves go it's even more fun to watch and play. When the real world is intertwined with gaming, it is so much more enjoyable both in seriousness and silliness.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    If your dream game can be summed up in one sentence, then you aren't much of a dreamer :wink: 
    Lokero said:
    If your dream game can be summed up in one sentence, then you aren't much of a dreamer :wink: 

• ZhenocnraZhenocnra Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Lokero said:
    "Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions" - Edgar Cayce

The last time I checked, answers come in different forms, shapes, and sizes.

Obligatory "size doesn't [always] matter." TEEHEE
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    City of Heroes using a modern game engine (such as Unreal 4) with all of the minor annoyances (random mission generator, better balance against the environment, etc) fixed.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    I'll do it in a word.

Options.

Zhenocnra said:
    Lokero said:
    "Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions" - Edgar Cayce

The last time I checked, answers come in different forms, shapes, and sizes.

Obligatory "size doesn't [always] matter." TEEHEE
    'nothing that can be explain in 15 seconds is worth talking about'

who said that is to controversial (well for here anyway) but just throwing in a quote

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    edited May 2016
    Time Loop JRPG with sim elements.  Or for an MMO version, see my signature.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Middle Earth Online
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Massively open world high fantasy open class sandbox on a holodeck.

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Living breathing high fantasy world primarily pve and not story driven themepark, powered by extensive AI systems from single npc's up to whole factions/races/kingdoms, with complex and tactical coop gameplay in combat as well as non combat, with adventure and exploration as the driving factors.. AND paid GM's whose job is to supply true unique dynamic events and in real time tweak the world AI for the best player experience.

You didn't say how long a sentense :D
  • spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Brain-to-game world creator
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited May 2016
    Tabula Rasa without loading screens in a Warhammer 40k setting using the Unreal 4 engine while having a world ten times bigger and no instances.

World of Diablo would do too.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• AalamrAalamr Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Non-linear character progression with heavy focus on social interaction and innovative non-tab target combat.