Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Overwatch is the only game you'll ever need....

Comments

• KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    edited May 2016
    No thanks, I prefer to say on CSGO. It is too expensive for an multiplayer only shooter.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    DMKano said:
    I think people just automatically hate anything that Blizzard makes.

Then why are the best Blizzard games not hated? (DIABLO 1,2 and Star craft 1 come to mind).

Maybe there's more to it?
    I'll be honest, I dislike just about everything Blizzard has made, even the older titles (especially Diablo games, which I view as the worst knockoffs of RPGs I've ever played.) I'd still bet that the "hate" you back up your point with is purely nostalgia driven. It's also no different than the Blizzard fandom you bring up in these discussions. Accept it's fandom of Blizz North guiding it rather than Blizzard as a whole....

In the end Blizzard is still Blizzard, they make games in the same way they always have, focusing on polish and quality, not innovation or groundbreaking creativity . That has always been their approach, be it old or new. I've tried both SC2 as well as D3, disliked them just as much as their originals, played very similar, too similar... 

Anyway to answer your question there is certainly more to it... Most of these folks have convinced themselves this is the truth, before they even played the game, that convincing happened long before simply because this or that name left the studio. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Shreddi said:

So far I see it as a much better Unreal Tournament with Planet Side 2 kind of leveling.  I like the maps for a UT/Quake feel and the Leveling and earning "loot" is nice.  The game is well thought out for a FPS twitch game but I don't see it being anything resembling mmorpg.  Well I guess that's why they call it mmofps :).  I Love the game for what it is.  If you want FTP game kind of similar to overwatch (haven't played this for a while) try Microvolts (similar is the key word), its not the same but its fun and FTP with some pretty cool maps too.  Like I said I'm not disappointed other then too small of maps and another FPS with no storyline.  I will probably stick with Planet Side 2.

I dunno if you've heard, but Epic is actually developing a new Unreal Tournament with massive input from its fanbase.  A kind of "open source" development.  It might be something you'd like if you enjoyed UT in the past!

• DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479
    Kabulozo said:
    No thanks, I prefer to say on CSGO. It is too expensive for an multiplayer only shooter.

edited May 2016
    Distopia said:
    DMKano said:
    I think people just automatically hate anything that Blizzard makes.

Then why are the best Blizzard games not hated? (DIABLO 1,2 and Star craft 1 come to mind).

Maybe there's more to it?
    I'll be honest, I dislike just about everything Blizzard has made, even the older titles (especially Diablo games, which I view as the worst knockoffs of RPGs I've ever played.) I'd still bet that the "hate" you back up your point with is purely nostalgia driven. It's also no different than the Blizzard fandom you bring up in these discussions. Accept it's fandom of Blizz North guiding it rather than Blizzard as a whole....

In the end Blizzard is still Blizzard, they make games in the same way they always have, focusing on polish and quality, not innovation or groundbreaking creativity . That has always been their approach, be it old or new. I've tried both SC2 as well as D3, disliked them just as much as their originals, played very similar, too similar... 

Anyway to answer your question there is certainly more to it... Most of these folks have convinced themselves this is the truth, before they even played the game, that convincing happened long before simply because this or that name left the studio. 

@Distopia, I'm downright hurt to hear you think I would voice my opinion without having played the game first.  I reserve uneducated judgement exclusively for F2P titles! ;)

Dahkoht said:

I'll be honest: I'm slightly intoxicated (it's a celebration day for me), and seeing George's face has me in my feelings something awful. :(

Why couldn't they have taken Dane Cook instead?!?!?

@Distopia, I'm downright hurt to hear you think I would voice my opinion without having played the game first.  I reserve uneducated judgement exclusively for F2P titles! ;)
    If it makes you feel any better you never came to mind when I wrote my post :P.

Distopia said:

Haha it does!  If those F2Ps didn't have such an astronomical barrier to entry, I wouldn't have to guess! :awesome: 

Distopia said:

Haha it does!  If those F2Ps didn't have such an astronomical barrier to entry, I wouldn't have to guess! :awesome: 
    I agree :D

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Overwatch is the only game you'll ever need ....

...to watch somebody play if you want to get an epileptic seizure.

Really, can this be even more hectic, twitchy, with an over the top flashy interface and 1mio things per second hammering into your face? Watching the game has about the same effect as watching a nuclear flash from 10 meters away.
    This must be the fastest game of it's kind on the market right now. But not really in a good way.

• jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    This thread makes me head hurt....First of all overwatch had several betas that I am sure a lot of the critics got to play.  Second of all you will have user reviews give the game 0 /10 just because they claim to hate blizzard.  On the flipside others will give it 10/10 just because its blizzard.  The last of us campaign lasted how many hours?  With overwatch you could spend hundreds or thousands of hours.  Overwatch is not my cup of tea and I may still buy the game because I had fun in the beta.  I just dont know how long it would hold my attention.  As for flaws in the game itself I did not notice any bugs or things that stuck out as wrong.  The game play was smooth and the game itself required team work to succeed.  It some eyes it could very well be a perfect team based shooter.   I do not think it received blizzard bias.  I forget what diablo III originally got, but I dont think it was rated as highly.
    Bottom line , any game that gives me a semi-rare skin on the first night , that turns Soldier 76 into the Brawny Man in an Evel Knievel suit , is ok with me.

• FFFGFFFG Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Eadan1 said:
    Distribution of Steam User Ratings from October 2014:

There is almost no games with less than 50% positive reviews. And people in this thread still complain about "haters" ruining game scores or gaming.
    Umm people have said haters of large developers.   How many EA games and Blizzard games are on Steam?  Keep googling for more info that is not relevant here...
    Eadan1 said:
    Distribution of Steam User Ratings from October 2014:

There is almost no games with less than 50% positive reviews. And people in this thread still complain about "haters" ruining game scores or gaming.
    Fanboi reviews are just as bad, haters and fanbois both ruin the process, making it unreliable. 

• DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384
    edited May 2016

Best game in the market atm. Not much else is needed to be said.

Deltois said:

As I (and many others) , have said before , had zero intent on buying it , got invited to early closed beta and many times after. Never played it once.

Finally played it in the open beta , and instantly bought and continued to play it and have fun too.

They put some sort of virtual crack in it , I swear.
    Yep. Everyone I play games with have all joined up. No word of a lie 90% of them said they would never touch it. Now they can t stop.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I would say a 7 of 10 because I dislike the ultimate abilities more than I thought I would. 
    Deltois said:

That's a highly bold claim.....Best shooter on the market? 

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    edited May 2016
    DMKano said:

User scores - might want to compare those which is what we've been talking about the entire thread.

You are moving goalposts. 

So look at the user scores 

D1 - 8.7
    D2 - 8.8
    Star craft 1 - 9.1

Now look at 

D3 - 4.0

Hehe , yep

2 Stars -  Lacks all the features that made diablo 2 great. 
    0 Stars - I have played Diablo and Diablo 2 also d2 LOD, I have been a loyal fan to the Diablo series for a long time so as soon as Diablo 3 was released I bought the game and immediately started playing, to my surprise the dynamic of the game has completely changed, so much it actually became boring, so boring it's beyond believe.
    1 Stars - The overall increase in technical performance goes paradoxically accompanied by a decline of the imagination and intelligence of the people. Stanislaw Lem ( My comment : WTF? )
    2 Stars - I loved Diablo 1 and 2, but this game wasn't in the same family. It feels slapped together, and kicks me out of a single player game if my isp glitches. I've had to replay levels just because my Internet hung for a second. It feels lazily made
    1 Stars -  I've never been so disappointed in a game. The complete opposite of everything I loved about Diablo 2. Just putting the Diablo name on this is false advertisement. The least proactive character development imaginable. No atmosphere. Seems to prefer catering to kids at the expense of others. There is nothing here for me. $60 down the drain. Booo !!!
    6 Stars - I could give this game a 10 because I've been playing it so much lately and Blizzard somehow managed to make the endless grinding of this game less painful than ever before. But ... 5 minutes ago I was playing a Great Rift and I just had my session disconnected in it's last seconds, meaning that for the 20th time I've lost my progression, my exp bonus pool streak, and a Great Rift keystone. That makes me want to give it a 0 score. ( My comment : Really......... )
    0 Stars -  this is not diablo this is a game with no fun like diablo 2 . what a waste of money and time to play this crap game. battlenet never again. tetris is better
    4 Stars - The game itself isn't that bad for people who haven't played the previous titles in Diablo, but if you've played them... you're in for a big disappointment. 
    0 Stars - Loved Diablo 2. Diablo 3 was a great letdown.

Now , what do we see here? 

Hehe, yep!

PS: This is the 3rd time I am asking you : What metascore does your beloved ArcheAge have?

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

Distopia, to me yes it is the best game in the market atm.
    Deltois said:
    Distopia, to me yes it is the best game in the market atm.
    That sounds better :)... Before it seemed to be an overall declaration.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    For me this whole discussion isn't about Blizzard or Overwatch. It's about so called non paid and unbiased professional gaming sites giving perfect 10/10 reviews.

Name me the games that honestly unfanboid deserve a 10/10

These sites are nothing but shills and that's what I believe is the fucking joke.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Eadan1 said:
    laserit said:
    For me this whole discussion isn't about Blizzard or Overwatch. It's about so called non paid and unbiased professional gaming sites giving perfect 10/10 reviews.

Name me the games that honestly unfanboid deserve a 10/10

These sites are nothing but shills and that's what I believe is the fucking joke.
    That's being optimistic, more likely and sadly they have no idea about how good games are and base their judgements on popularity of games and their developers.
    Or wor$e

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다