Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horrible Loot Table / To low Drop Rate for Blue/Purple

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
I think compared to Diablo 3 or  PoE this game competes very well when it comes to game play and mechanics.

SADLY

The loot drop rate for Trash is so extremly high compared to Purple or Blue drops that i lost interest at Level 61

They create a 90% offline game and put such a stupid low drop rate for good gear into the Loot tables ??

These games life from drops and not from farming the same shit dungeon for 200 times mostly solo 

Comments

• joeslowmoejoeslowmoe Member UncommonPosts: 127
    edited May 2016
    There's no end game activity, beyond grinding/farming, in single player ARPGs typically.  Grinding is the end game activity. Welcome to non online ARPGs.  Itemization is pretty good though I feel this is often a place where ARPGs can improve and is certainly an aspect that turns particular folks off if too grindy.   But again this is an offline game with no end game activity other than farming rep and farming items...not sure what you expect... this was never pitched as a game that would have end game activities similar to PoE or D3 or any of the online multi player ARPGs. You get tons of magical (yellow), rare (green) and epics (blue) from things constantly.  All of those tiers of items are usable and competitive (particularly yellow jewelry) especially once you get the enhanced epics that have some nice added bonuses.  Legendaries are awesome but the game is easily completable on the highest levels of difficulty and easily farmed without the play style changing effects that the Legendary sets offer. 

My biggest gripe with GD is that there are so many more "fun" ranged builds than there are melee which are viable for Ultimate HC. 

P.S. The game was built to be 100% offline.  It is not intended to be a true multi player experience.  They added locally hosted online play to appease the questions about a multiplayer mode.  The real multiplayer aspect of the game comes through the Modding community and the content available that way. 
    Tokken
  • joeslowmoejoeslowmoe Member UncommonPosts: 127
    As a side note, it is definitely good to take breaks from GD if you are feeling burned out and come back later to try new builds.  I know I've gone through times where I can't find a single build that I can get past Burrwitch on because I am so burned out on the grind and I just have to take a short break before I can find any fun in the game again.  Coming back to play through a fun build or a newly changed build after an update is always crazy fun after a break though.

This is more about the general nature of the genre than GD itself though. 
  • GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    So, before i deleted this game i simply added 10000 to all stats with a trainer just to see see how the drop rate is in Elite.

I tell you guys i can rush through bosses seconds, i cleared out maps like 10x faster an still no purple drops.

I am never using any trainer cheats but i wanted to make sure and now i can safely say that the drop rates in this game sucks so bad theres nothin worse.

Good i could use a trainer on this game......

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Loot is still horrible in 2018

Purple is so rare that playing after level 70 is no fun
    Kyleran
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I really couldn't find a fun build but when I played I also thought the loot rates were pretty bad. If I could find stuff I would probably play more often since I could try more builds.
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331
    The loot drop rate in GD is just fine now. You need to put the time in, it's no instant gratification D3 for sure. You also want the higher level purples anyway and they are level 94. Level yourself up, learn the game and you will get plenty of drops. Ultimate is where the fun is where drops are concerned.
    Kyleran