Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CoE forum, threads going widely off topic and haters

2»

Comments

• DrakenhoffDrakenhoff Member UncommonPosts: 301
    edited May 2016
    I think the hate stems from all the publicity this game and others like it are getting. Every 5 seconds a new this or that from CoE which is in my humble opinion just annoying folks. I think many of us wish this game and others like it great success. It's just the over saturation that tends to frankly make people mad.

This is my opinion only...
    It could be true. But that's the over enthusiastic community not exactly the devs fault.

Therefore there I no reason to constantly attack the devs or their work just because you are unhappy with the community pushing the game 

Signed Davan Drakenhoff ruler of Castle Drakenhoff the impenatrable castle made from cardboard

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    I think the hate stems from all the publicity this game and others like it are getting. Every 5 seconds a new this or that from CoE which is in my humble opinion just annoying folks. I think many of us wish this game and others like it great success. It's just the over saturation that tends to frankly make people mad.

It could be true. But that's the over enthusiastic community not exactly the devs fault.

Therefore there I no reason to constantly attack the devs or their work just because you are unhappy with the community pushing the game 
    I agree it is not the devs fault, because their fans are pushing a game they really want. The impression some players might have is the game is being pushed by the makers of the game masquerading as fans inside these forums. I'm not saying I believe that wholeheartedly even though a little bit of this might be happening. Like you I'm curious about the general hate. To be honest at times I find myself hating sometimes because I'm like really another story or tidbit about this game that hasn't even been made. Then I check myself and realize it's about me more than the game.

Yeah I get really frustrated with the "critics," "fans" and mostly myself when I let people people get to me.
    4 years ago nothing would have gotten to me but these days I have a short fuse.
    I've actually asked a mod to delete this thread since I can't 

Signed Davan Drakenhoff ruler of Castle Drakenhoff the impenatrable castle made from cardboard

• AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Not all negative comments mean you hate something but i suppose it depends on what you called negative, I thought i had heard a song quite recently with this phrase in so i went searching for it. 

I stay out too late
    Got nothing in my brain
    That's what people say, mmm-mmm

I go on too many dates [chuckle]
    But I can't make them stay
    At least that's what people say, mmm-mmm

But I keep cruising
    Can't stop, won't stop moving
    It's like I got this music
    In my mind
    Saying, "It's gonna be alright."

'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
    And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off
    Heart-breakers gonna break, break, break, break, break
    And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake, fake, fake
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off

So these are the hater comments i'm assuming that she stays out to late, that shes not very smart and that she sleeps around,  I think i have had all 3 of these said to mean at some point but it didn't always come from people who hate me.

I have noticed from using other website sometimes people use this hater comment when they see a negative i just assume it's some Taylor Swift fan. 

• TimberhickTimberhick Member UncommonPosts: 554

Silence will only happen to those too busy to take their fingers out of their ears.

Edit : Oh and Timber, might want to re-read his post and your reply....I know you try to be contrary but it looks bad when you do it against yourself lol

Sure lets do that.

Me: Isn't one of the longest 'footage' for this game a recreation of that scene from Princess Bride?
    Drakenhoff: Actually the longest is the mysterious pre-alpha that the haters day doesn't exist

My point, One of the longest videos we have of this game is a recreation of a scene from a movie.  So either they are far, far longer along the developmental trail or they wasted a whole bunch of manhours on frivolity.
    Perhaps that point was wee bit to subtle for some.

Where is the link to this mysterious pre-alpha that the haters day doesn't exist?  I would like to check it out.  I go to their media section of their website, all there is for the videos section; coming soon. Hell there isn't even a sticky on their forums with links to all of the videos.
  • GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    You Tube....check it out.

Yeah it is the early stages but if you have been on these forums long enough you see the signs of things to come. I must admit though, they started pretty early with the "it is a scam" and "prove there is a game" lines.

I mean, the game is still in the fundraising stage  and people are complaining because there is not footage of the game (except the footage is out there but don't let evidence get in the way of a good hate session).

Isn't one of the longest 'footage' for this game a recreation of that scene from Princess Bride?
    Actually the longest is the mysterious pre-alpha that the haters say doesn't exist
    Luckily for me I actually said Isn't one of the longest 'footage' for this game
    Indeed you did my speed reading bad
    Indeed you did my speed reading bad
    Nope, I didn't.
    It was these 3 quotes we was talking about timberhick. 

You state that you had said it was one of the longest. After rereading I agreed that's what you had said and that I had misunderstood what you had written due to speed reading.

You then randomly say "no I didn't." Making it look like you was arguing when I said " yes, you had said one of the longest, not the longest"

See now why you looked a little silly?

No.
    I didn't randomly say "Nope, I didn't."

If you had said
    "Indeed you did. Sorry, my bad."  I would have understood just fine.
    However, what you said was "Indeed you did my speed reading bad"
    I'm sorry, I don't speak whatever that is.
     So to err on the side of caution I figure whatever I say someone(usually a 'fan') will always take it, as grumpy up there does, 'contrary'. I go with "No I didn't". It's easier in the long run.
    Strange, I go there and mysterious pre-alpha that the haters day doesn't exist doesn't seem to bring anything up.

How about you linking this mysterious pre-alpha that the haters day doesn't exist Instead of trying to be all mysterious about it?

edited May 2016
    No.
    I didn't randomly say "Nope, I didn't."

If you had said
    "Indeed you did. Sorry, my bad."  I would have understood just fine.
    However, what you said was "Indeed you did my speed reading bad"
    I'm sorry, I don't speak whatever that is.
     So to err on the side of caution I figure whatever I say someone(usually a 'fan') will always take it, as grumpy up there does, 'contrary'. I go with "No I didn't". It's easier in the long run.
    So I didn't include a comma, again my bad for being so unclear. But upon two people saying to you its best to reread the post you still don't mention it, you go back to some previous posts and start ranting on about how you was "right."

Unfortunately that's the mentality that I struggle to understand since I'm happy to read and accept my mistakes 
    *edit*
    The last sentence may have come across as a personal attack and it wasn't meant to so removed.
    *edit*

Strange, I go there and mysterious pre-alpha that the haters day doesn't exist doesn't seem to bring anything up.

How about you linking this mysterious pre-alpha that the haters day doesn't exist Instead of trying to be all mysterious about it?

Or you use the browsing option to look at the videos put on by soulbound studios under "chronicles of elyria"

edited May 2016

The official channel with some vids can be found by searching for....Chronicles of Elyria.

DM21 channel with discussions, interviews with the developers, in depth looks at videos and other stuff that is related to COE. Just do a search for DM21 Gaming (he features heavily when you search for....Chronicles of Elyria).

A link to a post by Caspian answering a post on the forums that is pretty much the same things being said here: -

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/General-Discussion/7030-No-longer-backing-CoE---?page=5&post=71247

I think that is enough information for anyone to make an educated analysis of the game, the KS and the future of the game.

Also, as Drakenhoff clearly pointed out, the flow of conversation you think you were on does not match the flow of conversation here on these forums. It is a mistake on your behalf, accept it and move on.

Edit: -

Links are not working for some reason so removed them and added what to search for (although if you needed directions on what to look for.....).

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Anyone else see the irony that the "why do CoE threads go off topic" thread has gone off topic to a discussion about a video?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

It always does which was the point of the OP....not exactly irony, more like prophesy.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I'm still wondering what a full UI will look like.  How will combat work against multiple players and creatures. What's going to be done about lag from having all players always being online. What will be done against bots.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    It always does which was the point of the OP....not exactly irony, more like prophesy.
    He introduced discussion about the video... So self-fulfilled prophecy.? Does that count?

Also not every statement requires a response.  The respondents bear equal responsibility for derailing.  If the topic is about x and someone talks about y simply ignore or ask that they open a new thread for y.  Defending y in your x thread is just self-derailment.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

He introduced discussion about the video... So self-fulfilled prophecy.? Does that count?

Also not every statement requires a response.  The respondents bear equal responsibility for derailing.  If the topic is about x and someone talks about y simply ignore or ask that they open a new thread for y.  Defending y in your x thread is just self-derailment.

Actually @GrumpyHobbit ; introduced the video and then @Timberhick ;continued the conversation on.

But anyway maybe I have made my point and this should be left.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Quite possibly it's a side-effect of the KS process.

A game intending to go the KS route has to drum-up a huge amount of attention prior to the actual KS launch. That means everyone getting spammed with loads of "info" about a game which at that point is 99% concept and 1% substance.

No wonder some people react badly, specially seeing as there's a seemingly endless parade of these "awesome concepts" that need funding...
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594

Quite possibly it's a side-effect of the KS process.

A game intending to go the KS route has to drum-up a huge amount of attention prior to the actual KS launch. That means everyone getting spammed with loads of "info" about a game which at that point is 99% concept and 1% substance.

No wonder some people react badly, specially seeing as there's a seemingly endless parade of these "awesome concepts" that need funding...
    You make a really good point and that makes perfect sense.

This discussion has been closed.