Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't accept the new TOS if you plan a refund ( not for shillizens)

Comments

• GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220

Not Shitizens?

The trolls are losing their touch!

• motanilamotanila Member UncommonPosts: 152

Not Shitizens?

The trolls are losing their touch!

No man, you can post.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I think if people were thinking of a refund they would have been on it by now :)  There has been enough info here about reasons to do it.

Thanks for the info though.  Always interesting to see what companies change and imagine why.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

It's a sad day indeed when I have to consider Derek Smart being the "good guy" in any situation. But all his ranting aside, I think he called it on this crapperware.
    I don't particularly like Derek but some (not all) of the stuff he posted makes sense .
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    ummm, you shouldn't sign a TOS unless you agree with it anyway.  Also, there are ways of getting your money back without the actual company depending on the situation.  TOS isn't some magical construct that can absolve a company of any refunds.  There are a lot of legal protections which help in this regard.   

Finally, if people would do a bit of research, it would cut down on needing it in the first place.

I self identify as a monkey.

Aethaeryn said:
    I think if people were thinking of a refund they would have been on it by now :)  There has been enough info here about reasons to do it.

Thanks for the info though.  Always interesting to see what companies change and imagine why.
    I bought couple ships and I don;t want an refund but I like to keep my options opened.

mgilbrtsn said:
    ummm, you shouldn't sign a TOS unless you agree with it anyway.  Also, there are ways of getting your money back without the actual company depending on the situation.  TOS isn't some magical construct that can absolve a company of any refunds.  There are a lot of legal protections which help in this regard.   

Finally, if people would do a bit of research, it would cut down on needing it in the first place.

So you read the tos and eula from each game ?
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    motanila said:
    mgilbrtsn said:

So you read the tos and eula from each game ?
    I do not.  However, I do a considerable amount of research about what people are saying about a game.  This includes both good and bad reviews, forum posts, company feedback, etc.  After this, I make the plunge, and spend any money for whatever game I'm interested in.  If I don't like it, I suck it up.  

I did ask for a refund once because I bought a wrong version, and they gave me the credit to buy the one I wanted.  

I self identify as a monkey.

This discussion has been closed.