Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any good private server games?

mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
edited May 2016 in LFGame
Other than minecraft, are there any other good games that you can have a private server?

I doubt there is anything withe the scope of minecraft.  However, I have a couple of friends who want a persistent world to tool around in.

Preferably the games will be:

Large (exploring)
Crafting/building
Customizable to some extent
Rpg/mmo 
Challenging

Willing to entertain a lot of ideas.  *** does not have to be a minecraft equestrian type game.

Thx in advance.

I self identify as a monkey.

Post edited by mgilbrtsn on

Comments

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I forgot to mension, doesn't cost 85$ a day to run.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Terraria springs to mind; although it's tempting to describe it as a '2D minecraft', a better writer than I pegged it as a "procedural metroidvania".

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    ARK: Survival Evolved

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Vrika said:
    This.

If you don't take shortcuts to "endgame".

But this game becomes a grind soon.
    The "collect dino eggs, make taming food and tame the next fotm dino with it" grind.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

Terraria springs to mind; although it's tempting to describe it as a '2D minecraft', a better writer than I pegged it as a "procedural metroidvania".
    Haven't looked at this thanks.  Will check it out.

Muke said:
    Vrika said:
    This.

If you don't take shortcuts to "endgame".

But this game becomes a grind soon.
    The "collect dino eggs, make taming food and tame the next fotm dino with it" grind.
    I've looked at it, and thought it looked pretty good.  I'll have to check it out.  I wasn't sure if it had 'longevity' with a small group.  With Minecraft and the mods, there is everything from quests to dungeons to .... everything.

Does Ark have the a lot to do to keep people playing.  Especially a small group?

• Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    edited May 2016
    I believe Wurm Online would meet these criteria.  Originally I think all of the servers were hosted by the developer/publisher but there was a version released recently that looked like it was built for private hosting.

Edit: Wurm Unlimited is the version I'm referencing.
    Dagon13 said:
    I believe Wurm Online would meet these criteria.  Originally I think all of the servers were hosted by the developer/publisher but there was a version released recently that looked like it was built for private hosting.

Edit: Wurm Unlimited is the version I'm referencing.
    cool, thx