Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official Mounts Gameplay Trailer - Riders of Icarus

2»

Comments

• RoxRocksRoxRocks Member UncommonPosts: 19
    I have to know more about how pvp works before jumping in. I loved Dragons Prophet and love the tame, train, collect, flying, pets thing. Played Aion a couple of years but tired of the pvp ganking when trying to quest. I wouldn't like it if necessary parts of the map were in pvp zones (like Aion), forcing you to participate to continue the story. Can someone from CB elaborate on how pvp works?
  • AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Graphics are nice i just didn't get a feel for the healer class but if i ever find myself without a game i might try it again, I'm enjoying the witch class in Skyforge right now. 
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Grimula said:
    looks the exact same as the SOE Dragon MMO....... that game had a amazing Pet system also
    when did SOE make a dragon MMO?
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Tiller said:

Grimula said:

looks the exact same as the SOE Dragon MMO....... that game had a amazing Pet system also

when did SOE make a dragon MMO?

They didn't make one, they only ran the U.S. end of it for, I think, a company in Taiwan. I think the same one who created Runes of Magic. Anyway, it lasted a few years and I loved it. Had a couple hundred dragons in my stable. It shut down last year. The European branch may still be running. I wasn't going to start over there when it would probably eventually shut down as well. Loved flying through the skies on the back of a dragon, having them fight at your side. And I liked that pvp was contained to the housing islands.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Yep based on the limited information I found, it's like aion leveling wise which is a shame.

Bloodaxes said:

Yep based on the limited information I found, it's like aion leveling wise which is a shame.

Yep, forget that. Not doing another Aion. I spent a lot of money in Dragons Prophet and don't mind spending money on a cash shop if I'm having fun but I'm not paying to be frustrated at every turn.
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    this video was enough for me to say i'll make a little time for it lol

• ShrikeArghastShrikeArghast Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Another Korean MMO with a U.S. voiceover, attempting to sell an endless, throw-away grindfest to an already saturated market.

It is the first time in 15 years I am not subbed or playing some type of MMORPG. That's a sad commentary on the atrocious state of the genre.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    exile01 said:

Mardukk said:

So is this a linear quest hub themepark or is there a bit of freedom?  I'm done with required errand running for npcs.  I really dont care about taming everything if Im playing tab target with no freedom.

its far worse. Its linear main quest with sub quests. You have many, many times to run back and forth. Sometimes even when you finished that quest, you are forced to go back to the SAME SPOT 2-3x, to move to the next zone.
    Woah that's worse than I expected. Im shocked people dont want some freedom.  Oh well, they can fly around from npc to npc at least.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Another Korean MMO with a U.S. voiceover, attempting to sell an endless, throw-away grindfest to an already saturated market.

It is the first time in 15 years I am not subbed or playing some type of MMORPG. That's a sad commentary on the atrocious state of the genre.

Subs don't mean the game is good. That is the problem. WoW has rested on it's laurels for so long that it ruined the sub games. People that I knew who played WoW, said they felt they had to play because of the sub. I play games for fun not because 'I have to'.

WoW was a grindfest also - so was Rift.